Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? (2872 Views)

Post On Nairaland And Earn 10k / Help A Church In Their Website / *?* Get Professional Website (Peer-Peer, ICOs, MLM,Jumia/konga Type, Forum Etc)* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2015
My good people, I need urgent help, Nairaland has been very useful and help to Nigeria and beyond, now it is time again.

ON WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT. 2015, WHILE I WAS TAKING MY SHOWER AROUND 5AM, COUPLE OF MORE IDEAS DROPPED INTO ME, AND THESE IDEAS HAS BEEN MAKING ME GO WHAT YOU MIGHT CALL CRAZY.

I have idea/s to improve the way we do things and it is in line with hosting a business website/s that will change Nigeria and maybe possibly the whole world, it has that capacity to change the world in the future. I know I need to contact a website designer, but I want to start from Nairaland first.

My Questions and interest are like these.

1. Who built their websites, any good idea and suggestions?
2. Are their websites manage in Nigeria or outside the country? (I am capable of both ways)
3. Do I need an office/s, it is a Business websites as mentioned?
4. Do I need to have a set of computers manage by some people, meaning I need constant power supply?
5. Any capital idea of how much it cost to host these websites, even like OLX.com.
6. What are the steps in hosting such websites in Nigeria? I know I need to register it if it is a business name.
7. Does anyone has a detail idea how they started.
8. when these website are hosted, how do I get it to the public to use it since it is virgin websites

I also want to create an app for the website/S also.

Like I said, I am in the mental thinking stage, but I am going to start it, I just need to get it right, and do my background study, I know I may have competitors later, but I also want to do it the best way that it will remain the best for ever. No one has been able to challenge "Google" so mine will be.

Comments and questions are welcome, I know websites like angelstartup will want me to contact them, I am not looking for capital for now, neither am I looking for partnership or investors, all I need is how to go about it. Don't ask me what is the exact idea,, I have given the similitude of what I want to do.

I know Seun might have good comments, wouldn't be a bad idea to speak to him on phone if I have his direct contact.

At the end, I would want the best website designers to do it for me as well as the phone apps, could be in or out of Nigeria.

let us comment here so others will learn from it.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2015
comment on whatever one you have idea of.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2015
MOD, is this in the wrong section, pls help to move it to the right section, thanks
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by LivingGod22: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
Jumia/Konga/olx has support mail dedicated to such questions
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by Joel3(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
in as much as I manage to read those things up there. though you says a lot but still you have not said any things.

let me help.

we need to know what your plans are before we can help in anything.

one you don't need office for site like nairaland or olx
only a laptop connection and steady light and can operate in Nigeria.

but office for jumia and konga kind of business

if it's something like nairaland you need to go lean web developing. is something you need to know yourself.

other kind of business site you can employ web designer. and I can be of help you know.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
LivingGod22:
Jumia/Konga/olx has support mail dedicated to such questions

What do you mean has support mail, can you explain more, thanks
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Joel3:
in as much as I manage to read those things up there. though you says a lot but still you have not said any things.

let me help.

we need to know what your plans are before we can help in anything.

one you don't need office for site like nairaland or olx
only a laptop connection and steady light and can operate in Nigeria.

but office for jumia and konga kind of business

if it's something like nairaland you need to go lean web developing. is something you need to know yourself.

other kind of business site you can employ web designer. and I can be of help you know.

Thanks Joel,
After serious search, I discovered that there are few pellet of what I want to do already existing, so kind of throw me back however I will still do mine.

Sorry my post was long, but I want to host an E-commerce website just same like OLX, but don't have any idea how to do it, from calls today, I got some few positive response, but still more questions.

First like Nairaland and OLX, I will need an office/Admin to be editing wrong post, answering questions, and even helping people to use it, no matter how easy it is, there still be people who will want to ask questions, so I need to be there for them, I am a working class guy, so I need to employ people.

Is there any step by step in hosting websites like that: OLX, Ady, vconnect. and so on.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by Joel3(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
PresidKing:

Thanks Joel,
After serious search, I discovered that there are few pellet of what I want to do already existing, so kind of throw me back however I will still do mine.

Sorry my post was long, but I want to host an E-commerce website just same like OLX, but don't have any idea how to do it, from calls today, I got some few positive response, but still more questions.

First like Nairaland and OLX, I will need an office/Admin to be editing wrong post, answering questions, and even helping people to use it, no matter how easy it is, there still be people who will want to ask questions, so I need to be there for them, I am a working class guy, so I need to employ people.

Is there any step by step in hosting websites like that: OLX, Ady, vconnect. and so on.
my friend the competition will likely throw you out of the hook. I once had a like old site but I look the finance to publicise it.

the site dies of of lack of visitors and members. to remain and compete with the giant already existing you need a lot of capital for media publicity.

if 30% of Nigeria internet users knows of your site than be assured of 3% visitors.

otherwise. you will fall out like the rest of others. even in america its the giant firm that has finance for publication having their way over the poor with idea.

another thing the idea I mean concept need to be good and interesting.

the questions is do you have the finance. 90% of people who invest massively on IT. falls.
is not what you think but what the people think and your head. I mean ur star.

can you stand it. so be prepare.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by Joel3(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
first. I will not advise site like nairaland. its too tasking.

old I'd not e comance. it's like open market listing. where anyone can do trade or business at their own risk. olx has spent a lot on media ads and publication to get to where they are today.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by fattbabakay(m): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
First of all, lemme help you by explaining tinz...

Nairaland is a forum
OLX is a classified ads website
Konga is an ecommerce site

Forums are more complex and competitive, u might need a strong willpower to get visitors due to competitions.Especially in Nigeria, u dnt expect me to drop Nairaland for a struggling forum, do u??. Designing this is kinda tedious, not to talk of maintaining.

Classified ads site are more easier but they are everywhere, you will need loads of publicity for you to get users, once you get some users and ya consistent, ppl who perform successful transactions will surely com back and also refer others,ya good to go. It is d easiest of all to design.

Ecommerce sites are also everywhere, one tin is getting ppl to buy what u sell, anoda tin is getting dem to trust u and make payment, den anoda tin is getting d products to dia destinations. U will need an office or store to do DAT, and u can't possibly do it alone.

Now to ur questions

1. Who built their websites, any good idea and
suggestions? = Human beings
2. Are their websites manage in Nigeria or outside
the country? (I am capable of both ways) = Anywea u av strong internet connection
3. Do I need an office/s, it is a Business websites as
mentioned? =It depends on ur choice
4. Do I need to have a set of computers manage by
some people, meaning I need constant power supply? = It depends Hw big u want to blow
5. Any capital idea of how much it cost to host these
websites, even like OLX.com. = site like OLX will not cost a fortune, if u can do it ursef, u can spend less Dan 10k just on a not-so-dope host. Getting someone to do it will obviously be more.
6. What are the steps in hosting such websites in
Nigeria? I know I need to register it if it is a
business name. = buy Domain name, host, then upload site.
7. Does anyone has a detail idea how they started. = dey started just like u
8. when these website are hosted, how do I get it to
the public to use it since it is virgin websites = search engine optimization, social media campaign, advertisements, tell ppl to tell ppl...

what else??

2 Likes

Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 2:01am On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks very much @fattbabakay, that is really nice.

from what you differentiated, it is a classifieds ads just like OLX, I have searched what is available, OLX, ady.com.ng seems to be the biggest name so far. it will be good if I anyone has the list of these classified ads, and it can be listed here.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 2:07am On Sep 21, 2015
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by fattbabakay(m): 4:33am On Sep 21, 2015
TRADESTABLE.COM.NG

mobofree.com
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by LivingGod22: 5:26am On Sep 21, 2015
Joel3:
my friend the competition will likely throw you out of the hook. I once had a like old site but I look the finance to publicise it.

the site dies of of lack of visitors and members. to remain and compete with the giant already existing you need a lot of capital for media publicity.

if 30% of Nigeria internet users knows of your site than be assured of 3% visitors.

otherwise. you will fall out like the rest of others. even in america its the giant firm that has finance for publication having their way over the poor with idea.

another thing the idea I mean concept need to be good and interesting.

the questions is do you have the finance. 90% of people who invest massively on IT. falls.
is not what you think but what the people think and your head. I mean ur star.

can you stand it. so be prepare.

Humans are re-born with new potential to succeed Everyday. Nothing lasts forever. As for the big sites, bigger ones are yet to surface (if you understand me though). Strategies and uniqueness matter!

1 Like

Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2015
fattbabakay:
TRADESTABLE.COM.NG

mobofree.com

Tradestable.com was bought by OLX.

Hopefully I will come with mine and shoot it, who knows, it might be the biggest giant ever.

@ LivingGod22, when you talk of adverts, how much are you talking about here in publicity.

1 Like

Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by Twensons(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
I think #1 in Nigeria is Jiji ---> http://link.ac/4Zid42
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2015
Why am I unable to post my website design details here, I want to give chance to people to contact me, people who can do it, I have been banned twice, what is wrong?

MOD
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2015
I can't post what I want to post, I keep being banned, I wanted to post for web developers who can develop my web as I have mentioned on the this tread like OLX.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 2:12am On Sep 27, 2015
Are you interested to sell your Free Ads website??
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Also looking for a popular social website/s to buy, not Nairaland for sure.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by fattbabakay(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
PresidKing:
I can't post what I want to post, I keep being banned, I wanted to post for web developers who can develop my web as I have mentioned on the this tread like OLX.
I can actually build u a classified ads site similar to OLX... u can contact me so we can talk 08147922560...
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by sirnemzy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
how dose one get lots of traffic on his site like bella, linda and trendyhubs.com
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by alakuko: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2015
I can sell gadgets.com.ng to you if you are interested. Contact bukolaolushola@yahoo.com
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 5:53am On Oct 19, 2015
alakuko:
I can sell gadgets.com.ng to you if you are interested. Contact bukolaolushola@yahoo.com

Ok, let dicuss it, I will contact you.

sirnemzy:
how dose one get lots of traffic on his site like bella, linda and trendyhubs.com

Adverts, adverts, adverts, adverts is the most expensive when it comes to E-commerce.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by PresidKing(m): 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
www.Ogaonline.com is born.

plans is to make it the world best free ads website. release date will be announced soon and it will go viral
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by oskaaay(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2016
PresidKing:
www.Ogaonline.com is born.

plans is to make it the world best free ads website. release date will be announced soon and it will go viral

Have happy for you OP

Just checked through your website and its indeed going worldwide if you can give it what it takes. most Nigerians with your vision couldn't achieve it because of freebies mentality and other things unmentioned. The websites you covet spend billions of Naira yearly on Digital Marketing and Offline awareness to get to where they are today.

If you will like to have me as part of your team am open any day as a Web, Digital Marketing and BAS Consultant at Foskaay Enterprises group www.Foskaaygroup.com
Twitter: @Oskaaay
0 70 6605 22 28
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by SlimHan(f): 2:53pm On May 23, 2016
Am happy for you op. Love ur spirit. I thought u would have given up but u eventually acheieved ur drm. U r getting there don't worry. Wish u d best
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by avicodevic(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2016
PresidKing:
comment on whatever one you have idea of.

Currently their website is now under the management of http://nollytech.com but for now, I don't have idea of their designer.
Re: How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? by emillionia: 10:46pm On May 23, 2016
fattbabakay:
First of all, lemme help you by explaining tinz...

Nairaland is a forum
OLX is a classified ads website
Konga is an ecommerce site

Forums are more complex and competitive, u might need a strong willpower to get visitors due to competitions.Especially in Nigeria, u dnt expect me to drop Nairaland for a struggling forum, do u??. Designing this is kinda tedious, not to talk of maintaining.

Classified ads site are more easier but they are everywhere, you will need loads of publicity for you to get users, once you get some users and ya consistent, ppl who perform successful transactions will surely com back and also refer others,ya good to go. It is d easiest of all to design.

Ecommerce sites are also everywhere, one tin is getting ppl to buy what u sell, anoda tin is getting dem to trust u and make payment, den anoda tin is getting d products to dia destinations. U will need an office or store to do DAT, and u can't possibly do it alone.

Now to ur questions

1. Who built their websites, any good idea and
suggestions? = Human beings
2. Are their websites manage in Nigeria or outside
the country? (I am capable of both ways) = Anywea u av strong internet connection
3. Do I need an office/s, it is a Business websites as
mentioned? =It depends on ur choice
4. Do I need to have a set of computers manage by
some people, meaning I need constant power supply? = It depends Hw big u want to blow
5. Any capital idea of how much it cost to host these
websites, even like OLX.com. = site like OLX will not cost a fortune, if u can do it ursef, u can spend less Dan 10k just on a not-so-dope host. Getting someone to do it will obviously be more.
6. What are the steps in hosting such websites in
Nigeria? I know I need to register it if it is a
business name. = buy Domain name, host, then upload site.
7. Does anyone has a detail idea how they started. = dey started just like u
8. when these website are hosted, how do I get it to
the public to use it since it is virgin websites = search engine optimization, social media campaign, advertisements, tell ppl to tell ppl...

what else??

well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shopify Payment Gateway For Nigerian Dropshippers / Free Ebook Design Software / How Is Paystack & Interswitch Gateway Implemented On Website Or Mobile App???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.