Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused (562 Views)

This Testimony Gave Me Goose Pimples All Over My Body Today In The Lord's Chosen / If You Know Any RCCG Pastor Doing Anything Wrong, Report Such To Me – Adeboye / Female Preacher's Dress To A Birthday Party: Anything Wrong With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by jaelz(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2015
okay am in church and d invited pastor just laid a prayer point "she said pray that God would replace every evil that's about to happen to you with some1 else she didn't actually put it directly like that but she gave an instance that said it all, she said : there was a brother that begged his friend to cover for him at work and d night that the friend covered for him armed robbers came to the office and he was shot dead" i mean is it that the friends life is not better than his or he has committed so much sin that God gave him i mean would God sacrifice your friend's life for yours? could it just be coincidence or what?
men am really confused please.
mods front page please

Cc: lalasticlacla, ishielove
Re: is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 20, 2015
Grace is in levels
Re: is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by chezholy(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2015
jaelz:
okay am in church and d invited pastor just laid a prayer point
"
she said pray that God would replace every evil that's about to happen to you with some1 else she didn't actually put it directly like that but she gave an instance that said it all, she said : there was a brother that begged his friend to cover for him at work and d night that the friend covered for him armed robbers came to the office and he was shot dead"[/i]

i mean is it that the friends life is not better than his or he has committed so much sin that God gave him i mean would God sacrifice your friend's life for yours? could it just be coincidence or what?
men am really confused please.
mods front page please

cc ishilove, lalasticala

[b]
This shows an abject show of greed, selfishness, wickedness, arrogance, idiocy and all round ludicrous wish.

This among many other ways religions tends to derive pleasure in the sufferings of of others, derive joy in the misfortunes of others as long as it works to the fortune of another.

This selfish mindset fills people up with the wicked mindset that they only deserve good things even if it takes making another's life miserable.

Compassion is a desirable human trait but this position of idiotic selfishness erodes compassion, erodes pity and employ ludicrous assertion in defence of selfish wishful thinking and an uncaring nature for the good of others.

I have once engaged a guy here who posits that because thieves shot at him and his friend and the bullet caught and killed his friend and not him, he concluded then that they must be a God who cared more about saving him than his friend.

Therefore he was worth saving than his friend.

This mindset is all round absurd as it is wicked and for humans to trail this line of thought is sad as it is demeaning.

For a human to rejoice in the misfortune of others, wish for the misfortunes of others to propel his selfish gains.

That is when you hear things like "Thank God this is not my portion"

the question is "Whose portion is it?

The people who face this misfortunes are you more deserving of good things than them?

In the arrogance of human minds we not only priced ourselves higher than other life forms in this planet, we also price ourselves higher and more deserving than others.

And in this disturbing greed we have invented a creator of the universe who in our delusion we wish treats us better than others. .
[/b]

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by yanabasee(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2015
The poster above me says it all.... grin

Religion is a disaster.... As pastors and even bishops will move on convoy accoutered with harful weapons to protect a MAN OF GOD from societal harm! How silly? grin
Re: is anything wrong With This Testimony Please Am Confused by ATMC(f): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2015
What your pastor don't know is it doesn't take prayer for destiny to happen. We pray for the effect of destiny not destiny itself. Tell her that when next you see her.

(1) (Reply)

Day Of Atonement / BREAKING: Russian airliner crashes in central Sinai - Egyptian PM (BBC) / How To Break Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.