Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? (1702 Views)

29 Born Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / 25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
So, I was just wondering. So many Christians here have claimed to be born again and have repeatedly defended their god here and I was just wondering, which of these gifts have you received as written in your scripture?

1 Corinthians 12 verse 1-11 New International Version (NIV)

Concerning Spiritual Gifts
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom,
to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit,
to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10 to another miraculous powers,
to another prophecy,
to another distinguishing between spirits,
to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. NB: Tongue here means languages and not the gibberish that a lot of you speak
11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Also proof that you can actually do these things will be appreciated. I do believe that if your god is real you should be able to perform at least one of the things listed here.

Over to you grin
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by ggirl4real: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Please stop using small letter to begin the spelling of God joor

From your write up, it seems you are Atheist...

If my guess is right, I wonder why you guys will be so interested in "something" you don't believe in.

*walks out of thread*

6 Likes

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by fearlesschicken: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
space booked...
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
ggirl4real:

If my guess is right, I wonder why you guys will be so interested in "something" you don't believe in.

*walks out of thread*

Since you know I am an atheist, why don't you prove me wrong and mention one gift you have.

Your comment reminded me of a quote from a movie, "just because you spend a lot of time in the missionary position doesn't make you a missionary". grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by fearlesschicken: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
ggirl4real:

*walks out of thread*

PLS sister stop derailing the thread and answer him...

so you must be interested in something you believe in?

you like movies and you are interested in them does it mean you believe everything that is on screen? PLS be realistic my dear and answer his question.

Thanks smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by johnydon22(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
[b]Yes Hahn why are you trying to call us christians out and dabble into our religion that we keep to ourselves.

why are you discussing what you don't believe in when you are an atheist. undecided

But we christians don't discuss Allah because we don't believe it.

We don't come to preach to you about our religion that you don't believe in.

Neither do we threaten you with fire if you fail to believe.

We christian don't pour out our beliefs here

We don't open threads about atheists and tell them they are going to burn .

We christians dont make loud noises with our bands every day and midnight .

Do we come to your buses and sing our religion into your ears?

Do we burn shrines and discuss pegan Gods that we don't believe in?

Do we force the young minds to study our religion in primary schools?

Do we call you a demon and anti-christ for not believing our religion.

Do we chastise other religions and discuss their Gods telling them their God is the wrong one even when we don't believe in their God?

Hahn but you are here trying to discuss and call out what you don't believe in undecided

You are a confused and fake atheist angry

Walks out of thread undecided
[/b]

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Krystalzkris(f): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Yes Hahn why are you trying to call us christians out and dabble into our religion that we keep to ourselves.

why are you discussing what you don't believe in when you are an atheist. undecided

Do we chastise other religions and discuss their Gods telling them they God is the wrong one even when we don't believe in their God?

Hahn but you are here trying to discuss and call out what you don't believe in undecided

[/b]
lol... Hilarious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by osesology(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't answer questions asked by someone who will never believe what I say because by your presentation I can tell that you are not even a muslim (I guess that makes you an atheist) We Christians believe by faith. We don't have to speak fire b4 we can know we are following Christ. Even in the Bible, there were leaders and there were also followers

@OP, YOU NEED JESUS URGENTLY. You can quote me anywhere.
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
Verse 7; the manifestation of the spirit for common good
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thanks @ johnydon22 for putting the inevitable blame game out of the way.

Now, christians, oya we are waiting for your "testimonies"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
osesology:
I don't answer questions asked by someone who will never believe what I say because by your presentation I can tell that you are not even a muslim (I guess that makes you an atheist) We Christians believe by faith. We don't have to speak fire b4 we can know we are following Christ. Even in the Bible, there were leaders and there were also followers

@OP, YOU NEED JESUS URGENTLY. You can quote me anywhere.

Ehen?

Next
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thoniameek:
Verse 7; the manifestation of the spirit for common good

Goodness is a trait that is exhibited even by animals. Are they christians too? However, due to an apparent lack of any other "gift" you seem to possess this will do.

Examples? Proof?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by johnydon22(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
hahn:
Thanks @ johnydon22 for putting the inevitable blame game out of the way.

Now, christians, oya we are waiting for your "testimonies"

Christians will be the ones discriminating, persecuting and dabbling into the business of others at the same time are the ones that are shouting and claiming to be the victims . . undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Christians will be the ones discriminating, persecuting and dabbling into the business of others at the same time are the ones that are shouting and claiming to be the victims . . undecided

They always seem to be the victim undecided

Pathetic really.

Remember one thread I opened way back asking what their god has ever done for them? I got no single sensible reply there.

I was actually hoping they'd changed but I guess I was wrong. What else can be expected from people who have believed the same bs for over 2000years? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
Johnydon22

When a man is about to die his last few words are the most important to him and probably the most useful to whoever they were spoken to. That being said;

In Acts 1:6-9 was Jesus' last time of being with the disciples here on earth, and those were his last words - especially verse 8, we (Christian) call it "The Great Commission"

That's why we knock on your door when not invited, give you tract when you didn't ask for any, find us on your commercial buses with sermons when you actually paid for just a ride, and so on......

On behalf of all Christians, dead or alive, I sincerely apologise. But here's the thing, I can't disobey my master because you're not cool with his commands when it causes you no apparent harm, rather it's me subtly warning you of impending danger.
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by johnydon22(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thoniameek:
Johnydon22

When a man is about to die his last few words are the most important to him and probably the most useful to whoever they were spoken to. That being said;

In Acts 1:6-9 was Jesus' last time of being with the disciples here on earth, and those were his last words - especially verse 8, we (Christian) call it "The Great Commission"

That's why we knock on your door when not invited, give you tract when you didn't ask for any, find us on your commercial buses with sermons when you actually paid for just a ride, and so on......

On behalf of all Christians, dead or alive, I sincerely apologise. But here's the thing, I can't disobey my master because you're not cool with his commands when it causes you no apparent harm, rather it's me subtly warning you of impending danger.

[b]

That's very touching, Aaaaaw almost so cute.

I am very ok with that you have the right to come and preach, pour out your beliefs, superstitions and myths and i on the other hand have the right to refute it... its as simple as that.

Why then cry foul when someone who you are pouring your beliefs on is refuting it?

Why play the victims card when you are the one on the giving end?

You are carrying out the dictates of your master by propagating your religion then shouldn't it be right for me to refute ideas that are not in coincide with my reason?

So can you Christians please stop playing the victims card by accusing atheists of attacking your religions because it is obvious you all are the ones doing that.

You owe me no apology, i just want you all to stop complaining of refutation when you are the ones smearing your religion and beliefs on people's face and i too owe you neither will i tender an apology for refuting any absurd ideas that goes against my reason.

Go ahead and preach and then watch me refute it.

Please thoniameek you have your rights to say what ever you want, you have the right to preach to Johnydon22 when ever you want but please don't start shouting when Johnydon22 starts scrutinizing and refuting what you preach to him.. He is not daft as to just seat listen and swallow everything you pour on him no matter how absurd it sounds.

Isn't this fair enough? wink
[/b]

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
hahn:

Goodness is a trait that is exhibited even by animals. Are they christians too? However, due to an apparent lack of any other "gift" you seem to possess this will do.

Examples? Proof?

Thought you actually asked a question and I naively answered you, forgetting that whatever I say is nonsense to you. Because it is impossible to know and understand God by means of your own wisdom

1 Like

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by kolajamesjnr(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Do we chastise other religions and discuss their Gods telling them their God is the wrong one even when we don't believe in their God?

[/b]
Lol I lyk dis grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by menesheh(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

[/b]

Hahaha

Easy
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thoniameek:

Thought you actually asked a question and I naively answered you, forgetting that whatever I say is nonsense to you. Because it is impossible to know and understand God by means of your own wisdom

Sorry about that. I only asked for proof and examples. That's all

2 Likes

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by pneumaticos(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
hahn:

Since you know I am an atheist, why don't you prove me wrong and mention one gift you have.

Your comment reminded me of a quote from a movie, "just because you spend a lot of time in the missionary position doesn't make you a missionary". grin

How can you. Tell it. Real since. You. Dont believe in the giver of the gift

If you know how dull. You. Are.... you. Will stop talking about something you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
pneumaticos:

How can you. Tell it. Real since. You. Dont believe in the giver of the gift

If you know how dull. You. Are.... you. Will stop talking about something you know nothing about

Lol. I see where this heading smiley
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2015
At this point it is safe to say that no nairaland christian possesses any "spiritual" trait. Then I wonder why you believe in what you believe. undecided

Thread closed.
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Scholar8200(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:
So, I was just wondering. So many Christians here have claimed to be born again and have repeatedly defended their god here and I was just wondering, which of these gifts have you received as written in your scripture?

Also proof that you can actually do these things will be appreciated. I do believe that if your god is real you should be able to perform at least one of the things listed here.

Over to you grin

I appreciate your write - up! It expresses the desire of many and why some are leaving the church: they want reality and not forms and routines!

However, note that the Gifts listed above are not some magical/psychic powers that are exercised independent of the Giver/Enabler hence wanting a display for its own sake may never happen.

11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

But if you are keen on knowing, I will refer you to contemporary church history;a book like God's Generals by Roberts Liardon will satisfy you.
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2015
Scholar8200:
I appreciate your write - up! It expresses the desire of many and why some are leaving the church: they want reality and not forms and routines!

However, note that the Gifts listed above are not some magical/psychic powers that are exercised independent of the Giver/Enabler hence wanting a display for its own sake may never happen.

But if you are keen on knowing, I will refer you to contemporary church history;a book like God's Generals by Roberts Liardon will satisfy you.

In other words, you do not possess any of these gifts yourself.

Copy wink
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by Scholar8200(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

In other words, you do not possess any of these gifts yourself.

Copy wink
That's your conclusion which I am not eager to refute.
Herod / pharisees also wanted Jesus to work some miracles/signs too but He did none! Why? The Gifts are not given for display or self-projection or to gratify the curiosity of one who has closed his eyes to the Light.
The philosophy of true believers is that we glory in the Giver (Himself being God's Unspeakable Gift) and seek the best gift (1 Corinthians 13).
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
Scholar8200:
That's your conclusion which I am not eager to refute.
Herod / pharisees also wanted Jesus to work some miracles/signs too but He did none! Why? [s]The Gifts are not given for display or self-projection or to gratify the curiosity of one who has closed his eyes to the Light.[/s] Because he couldn't undecided

The philosophy of true believers is that we glory in the Giver (Himself being God's Unspeakable Gift) and seek the best gift (1 Corinthians 13).

@bolded, which you lack at the moment. I get wink
Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by jayriginal: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
1 Corinthians 12 verse 1-11 New International Version (NIV)

Concerning Spiritual Gifts
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, I am wise, but you wouldnt understand it
to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, easy
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, easy too
to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, I cant say I have this one
10 to another miraculous powers, I dont have this either
to another prophecy, easy. I prophecy that you will eat before tomorrow is over
to another distinguishing between spirits, I take pleasure in distinguishing between vodka, rum, brandy, whisky and other spirits
to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues this one is somewhat x-rated lipsrsealed

Convinced?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
jayriginal:

Convinced?

Definitely grin

1 Like

Re: Born Again Christians: Which Of These Spiritual Gifts Do You Possess? by hahn(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2018
I guess most pastors have the power to abuse their church members cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Questions To Test A Muslim's Knowledge Of Mohammad. (and The Answers) / Tricks Used By Fake Pastors To Deceive Gullible Christians / 7 Benefits Of Trusting The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.