Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,632 members, 7,844,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Sienna, A Question For You, Please. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Sienna, A Question For You, Please. (3564 Views)

Reg Clean 01 TOYOTA SIENNA(A/C Chilling)@730k In Ph City.08137844500 / Toyota Sienna A Family Car This Val Just All U Need For 750k Call Now / Larryshow4 Is 4 Real: He Delivered My Sienna A Promised. No Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Hauwa1: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2009
the campus safety guys did jumpstart it by putting (what the name sef  grin) on the battery top with one kin thing he brought with him (can i call it a charger?  grin)

sleekdoc, thanks. i just want to know if this will continue or only if the light is left on?
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

thief of hearts and mr crackles, una sabi beef o, wetin una dey drive sef, abi na okada u dey patronize.
Hauwa what do u wana know bout cars jare

I aint beefing, only teasing

And i drive a fucking AUDI!

End of
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2009
*Hauwa*:

the campus safety guys did jumpstart it by putting (what the name sef grin) in the battery with one kin thing he brought with him (can i call it a charger? grin)
Yes Hauwa, battery charger grin grin (that's what I call it sha)

MrCrackles:

And i drive a fucking AUDI!

End off

omo olowo cheesy
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2009
Abeg, make una sell all dis una Japanese car dem, buy proper German moto! grin

All dis automatic self na long tory - manual, no wahala!  cool
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2009
Crackles, I like this your new car o wink

eh, when did siena start speaking pidgin. ewooo grin grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
Siena:

All dis automatic self na long tory - manual, no wahala! cool

GBAM!

Siena has said it all
! grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Crackles, I like this your new car o wink

Thanks B! kiss
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

He he he he he he!  grin grin grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2009
Siena

BTW, the Audi A3 part i requested for a quotation the other day has still not been done

Itz my brother's and he hasnt decided yet but your price is the best we got so whenever we come round to doing it, i will let you know

Thanks bro!
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by sleekdoc: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2009
Siena:

All dis automatic self na long tory - manual, no wahala!  cool

The last manual car i had was my VW golf mach 4 a long while back, as beautiful and pimped as the car was (every1 loved it), i mean a show stopper of car! i had to SELL it and buy a japanese car
1. cos it was maual
2. cos the parts where kinda expensive and it seemed to have alota electrical probs.
 so i don t agree with i siena; automatic transmission is better anyday and japanese cars are way more reliable.
Though i stiil have one german car and thats only cos of the bagde it carries.

MrCrackles:

And i drive a intimating AUDI!

End off

yea im sure its an audi 80, lol.
jus teasing as well
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

yea im sure its an audi 80, lol.
jus teasing as well

If an A4 equals an audi80, then shikena!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by sleekdoc: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

If an A4 equals an audi80, then shikena!

grin cheesy grin

you try small, but i hope its one of the later models of the A4,
those cars are too ugly for me anyways, yuck!
jus teasing bro
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

The last maual car i had was my goolf mach 4 when i was still in school, as beautiful and pimped as the car was (every1 loved it), i mean a show stopper of car! i had to SELL it and buy a japanese car
1. cos it was maual
2. cos the parts where kinda expensive and it seemed to have alota electrical probs.
 so i don t agree with i siena; automatic transmission is better anyday and japanese cars are way more reliable.
Though i stiil have one german car and thats only cos of the bagde it carries.

Japanese moto only fit for taxi!  cheesy

Automatic? Haba - wetin do your leg na? Abi na only one you get?  grin

MrCrackles:

Siena

BTW, the Audi A3 part i requested for a quotation the other day has still not been done

Itz my brother's and he hasnt decided yet but your price is the best we got so whenever we come round to doing it, i will let you know

Thanks bro!

No worries, Brash.
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by sleekdoc: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
Siena:

Japanese moto only fit for taxi! cheesy

Automatic? Haba - wetin do your leg na? Abi na only one you get? grin

No worries, Brash.

no no no, i dont agree with uu chief.
1. japanese cars are sweet and reliable everyday cars ( esp the toyota brand ) lovely trouble free operation, no long thing

2. why would be wasting my time and effort shifting gears when technology can do it for me. It's safer in fact as u can keep both hands on the wheel at all times and uu concentrate better, no threat off rolling backwards when trying to move up a hill from stand still, no engine going off issues, plus u can get thruthe worst traffick jam much more conviniently. My bbrother, automatic iswayyyyyy better in every way
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ post

so that thing de drive;

hmmm na so u do spoil ur auto gear selector u come here de speak ur tribal german haha

useless lady

cool
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2009
ikeyman00:

@ post

so that thing de drive;

hmmm na so u do spoil ur auto gear selector u come here de speak ur tribal german haha

useless lady

cool

Does anyone ever understand this gorimpa? undecided
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

1. japanese cars are sweet and reliable everyday cars ( esp the toyota brand ) lovely trouble free operation, no long thing

German cars, especially Audi, are reliable and prestigious, reliable too. Mine has covered 218,000 trouble-free miles, still on the original clutch, engine, transmission, exhaust, alternator, starter motor. Cylinder heads have never had to come off for gasket replacement either. My previous car, an Audi Coupe S2 had 572,000 miles and was still going strong!  cool

sleekdoc:

2. why would be wasting my time and effort shifting gears when technology can do it for me. It's safer in fact as u can keep both hands on the wheel at all times and uu concentrate better,  no threat off rolling backwards when trying to move up a hill from stand still, no engine going off issues, plus u can get thruthe worst traffick jam much more conviniently. My bbrother, automatic iswayyyyyy better in every way

If your car rolls backwards, then you need more driving lessons, to brush up on clutch control!  grin
If you stall a manual, you need more lessons too!  grin cheesy

On a serious note, an automatic is not termed a "driver's car". Ask any real car enthusiasts, and the preference is generally manual, a car that has too many driving aids takes the fun out of driving, driver input is at a minimum. This is the reason lots of supercars, like Ferrari Maranello / F50 and Lamborghini Diablo have specific models that have no ABS, traction control, power steering etc, as most enthusiastic drivers like to be in control, not the car being in control of them.

Don't get me wrong - besides my Audi RS4, I also have an Audi S4 2,2L 5 cylinder 20V turbo, which happens to be an auto.
It's nice to drive, but heavy on front brake pads, and fuel consumption of an auto is higher than the manual equivalent.

A manual transmission is maintenance free, an auto is not. I've been in the motor trade for 18 years, and I've never had to replace or repair a manual, I can't say the same for auto models, and I'm referring to cars in general, not just Audi, BMW, Honda, Toyota etc.

Lastly - an auto has a lower top speed than its manual equivalent, and the 0-60 mph time is slower too.
There are some cars that are auto only, without a manual option, yet when manufacturers enter these models in motorsport, they build manual versions specifically for the purpose of remaining competitive. Auto's have a lower torque limit compared to a manual, and the killer on these cars is when the torque converter overheats, and this heat is transferred to the fluid and clutch bands.
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by SisiJinx: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Does anyone ever understand this gorimpa?  undecided

Tee hee hee

I see you need lessons in Gibberishnese

Here. . . watch and learn and you'll understand superman better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNhmWbn67c&feature=related
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by sleekdoc: 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2009
Siena:

German cars, especially Audi, are reliable and prestigious, reliable too. Mine has covered 218,000 trouble-free miles, still on the original clutch, engine, transmission, exhaust, alternator, starter motor. Cylinder heads have never had to come off for gasket replacement either. My previous car, an Audi Coupe S2 had 572,000 miles and was still going strong! cool

If your car rolls backwards, then you need more driving lessons, to brush up on clutch control! grin
If you stall a manual, you need more lessons too! grin cheesy

On a serious note, an automatic is not termed a "driver's car". Ask any real car enthusiasts, and the preference is generally manual, a car that has too many driving aids takes the fun out of driving, driver input is at a minimum. This is the reason lots of supercars, like Ferrari Maranello / F50 and Lamborghini Diablo have specific models that have no ABS, traction control, power steering etc, as most enthusiastic drivers like to be in control, not the car being in control of them.

Don't get me wrong - besides my Audi RS4, I also have an Audi S4 2,2L 5 cylinder 20V turbo, which happens to be an auto.
It's nice to drive, but heavy on front brake pads, and fuel consumption of an auto is higher than the manual equivalent.

A manual transmission is maintenance free, an auto is not. I've been in the motor trade for 18 years, and I've never had to replace or repair a manual, I can't say the same for auto models, and I'm referring to cars in general, not just Audi, BMW, Honda, Toyota etc.

Lastly - an auto has a lower top speed than its manual equivalent, and the 0-60 mph time is slower too.
There are some cars that are auto only, without a manual option, yet when manufacturers enter these models in motorsport, they build manual versions specifically for the purpose of remaining competitive. Auto's have a lower torque limit compared to a manual, and the killer on these cars is when the torque converter overheats, and this heat is transferred to the fluid and clutch bands.

Hmmm, nobody has ever argued on this issue b4, theres's nothin wrong in maitaining ur transmisson jus as theres nothin wrong in maintaing ur engine! i'm talkin bout practicality here not 'drivers car" how many people actually drive like ptrol heads needing to get from 0- whatever so quckly, my beemer for insatnce goes 0-60 in less than 6secs, but i can tell u iv never pushed like that b4, absoloutely no need to.

For evryday driving and use, jap cars r generally better no doubt, every1 cant be wrong!
I drive manuals excellently well, i learnt with a manual at 13yrs of age, so idont encounter those problms, but other people may, and they may run into you when they do, or cause unnesasary accidents,even skkilled maual drivers may encounter these problems from time to time, for wwhtever reasons.
Autos are clearly better, again evry1 cant be wrong!

@ Hauwa,
Are u hausa, iv never had a hausa friend b4
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 12:25am On Apr 14, 2009
toyin
Does anyone ever understand this gorimpa?

how u go understand when u are literally cant read and write at the age of 25

foolish !!

cool
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 12:29am On Apr 14, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: *Toyinrayo on Yesterday at 11:16:16 PM
Does anyone ever understand this gorimpa? 

Tee hee hee

I see you need lessons in Gibberishnese

Here. . . watch and learn and you'll understand superman better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNhmWbn67c&feature=related

as for u[b] babyjinx[/b] i aint done yet with u. i need a explanation on what u ve up to in nigeria, most likey u stayin at the vampire den side, me right ahahhhaha, gibberishnese hmmmm lipsrsealed

and an again are u a moderator

2 fools!!!   grin grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 12:36am On Apr 14, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-261298.0.html

baby jinx

if you lookin for gibberishnese; hey i think i got 1 for u and u!!

just sit back and listen and again swallow ur pains softly.
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2009
babyjinx

kajikwo grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 14, 2009
He he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Doc, yes you need to maintain your transmission. But it makes the car high maintenance, compared to a manual.
Auto's are thirstier, no arguements there.
Auto's are heavier of brake pads, you'll replace them at the front 3 sets for every one set on a manual.

Deep down, you're a car enthusiast too, else you'd buy a BMW with the smallest engine, because you don't like driving fast!
I've owned 3 Japanese cars - 1 Honda Accord, 1 Toyota Celica, and one Toyota Carina Wagon, and while they were reliable, they weren't fun to drive.
German cars are reliable and fun, nothing wrong with combining both.
 cool

And from an engineer's point, an auto isn't better than a manual, though they earn us more money when they go bang!  cheesy

Something else autos don't offer, is engine braking, whereby the engine compression can be used to bring a car to a halt, in the unlikely event both brake circuits fail. A manual will do this, this is also the reason brake pads last longer, as the braking is generally shared by the brakes and transmission, so the brakes, especially the front ones where 75% of the braking occurs, are less loaded.

Lastly, no one bargains to brake down in a remote area, but it can happen, even in the best maintained cars. A car with a flat battery can be got running with a jump pack, or a slave car and a set of leads, if you have these to hand. On the other hand, a car with a bust starter motor can only be got going in one way - a bump start. Again, the manual car that has a rigid connection to the engine / flywheel / clutch assembly will use engine compression to turn the engine over, and get running, another thing an auto, with a torque converter can't achieve.

The torque converter is less efficient at converting power to motion, as it allows a certain amount of slippage, which in turn wastes engine power at low rpm. That's where your fuel goes, each time the car has to move from standstill.

The flywheel and clutch, though developed around 1881 with the Mercedes-Benz, is still the most efficient means of converting power into motion today, the torque converter, despite having been refined and improved over the years, including the later generation of lock-up versions, will never have the same efficiency as a manual single or twin diaphram dry clutch and flywheel.
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by sleekdoc: 12:52am On Apr 14, 2009
@ siena

No point arguing boss. I guess its about preference really, i drove an automatic for over three years without any problem whatsoever, not for one single day, and i waka about alot! i only sold it cos i wanted to upgrade, autos are not high maintenance anything, depends on how u maintain it, even manuals will mess up if dont maintain properly. Imagine driving a manual in those crazy lagos hold-ups, thats when ull know wasup.
Steptronic paddle shift gears are a good compromise i think. I can never buy a manual shift again, even if i wana get a super car some day (hopefully) may be, ill get the paddle shift model
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 14, 2009
ikeyman00:

toyin

how u go understand when u are literally cant read and write at the age of 25

foolish !!

cool
Are you one of those educated illiterates parading on this forum?

Of course I can't read your gibberish. Now now, skip along.

@Sisi
rotfl. . . .how body? wink
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ siena

No point arguing boss. I guess its about preference really, i drove an automatic for over three years without any problem whatsoever, not for one single day, and i waka about alot! i only sold it cos i wanted to upgrade, autos are not high maintenance anything, depends on how u maintain it, even manuals will mess up if dont maintain properly. Imagine driving a manual in those crazy lagos hold-ups, thats when ull know wasup.
Steptronic paddle shift gears are a good compromise i think. I can never buy a manual shift again,[b] even if i wana get a super car some day (hopefully) may be, ill get the paddle shift mode[/b]l

Amen bro! cool
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:43am On Apr 14, 2009
people that still drive on the wrong side of the road are yarning "manual"

Manual ko. instructions ni
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by ikeyman00(m): 6:59am On Apr 14, 2009
toyinra

eheeeeeeen glad u finally wise up ur scrawny brain !! i mean u eventually got to read and write

awaaaaauoooh!! big up, u can now read the sign in the roads for the safety aspects!!

clever fool!!

baby jinx!

i was actually wonderin the reason u couldnt speak properly u know in the utube u had there, just in case u need my help,hey i can get ur scurvy thing sorted!!
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
ikeyman00:

toyinra

eheeeeeeen glad u finally wise up ur scrawny brain !! i mean u eventually got to read and write

awaaaaauoooh!! big up, u can now read the sign in the roads for the safety aspects!!

clever fool!!

baby jinx!

i was actually wonderin the reason u couldnt speak properly u know in the utube u had there, just in case u need my help,hey i can get ur scurvy thing sorted!!
Next!
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by MrCrackles(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

people that still drive on the wrong side of the road are yarning "manual"

Manual ko. instructions ni

Shut up or i will stuff burnt ASARO in your mouth! grin
Re: Sienna, A Question For You, Please. by Hauwa1: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
while at it stuffing, don't forget to let me add palm oil, iru and rodo to it pls wink.\

Silk, what did you do to Ikeymann00?

the guy likes you, maybe because you are a good driver cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2004 Toyota 4 Runner / Very Clean Tokunbo 2010 HONDA PILOT At #3.9m / SOLD! Tokunbo 2015 Toyota Camry SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.