Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Lagbaja Back With New Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lagbaja Back With New Album (9273 Views)

P-square Ft Lagbaja - Unlimited [download] / 'Never Far Away' By Lagbaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagbaja Back With New Album by AloyEmeka9: 5:47am On Apr 14, 2009
The return of the masked one!
Lagbaja back with new album
Sunday, April 12, 2009

His fans have waited for so long for another album from the masked-one, Lagbaja. And just when they are about giving up hope of hearing from him musically again, especially in the face of unpalatable tales trailing his America sojourn, Lagbaja is set to ‘whao’ us all again with a new album by end of April.

Lagbaja

Showpiece Index

advertisement

According to a statement released by his publicist, Ayeni Adekunle, the new album, which comes in two CDs, will be officially released in Nigeria before the end of April.

‘‘I’m glad to tell you, brothers and sisters, that our new album is ready’’, Lagbaja said in Lagos this week. ‘‘The world is going through different challenges right now, but the journey continues. We’ll continue to make good music and preach the gospel of Africa to the rest of the world’’.

Lagbaja’s eponymous debut album was released to national acclaim in 1993. He followed with Cest Un African Thing in 1996. In 2000, he did what was hitherto thought impossible when he dropped a three-in-one album titled ME, WE and ABAMI respectively. The simultaneous three-part release further enriched his repertoire of hits and timeless pieces, endeared him to even more critics, and won him a million-and-one converts. His most recent album – Africano… the mother of groove- was released to critical acclaim in 2005.

Once again, Lagbaja is releasing more than one album simultaneously. ‘‘We have two CDs coming out this time. Our fans deserve it, especially having waited for this long’’, he said. A third, the long-anticipated Africano Party (now remixed) will follow later in the year.
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/12/500.html
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by lalaboi(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2009
Hope its good. . . .The guy just went silent for a long time lol . . .maybe its cos he lost ego. . . . .so is ego behind all lagbaja's hits?
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by MrCrackles(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2009
I fuc.ks with Lagbaja

One of the very few Nigerian Artistes i fancy!
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by dejiariyo: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I fuc.ks with Lagbaja

fancy? ahhhh i dey watch u , all yu pple wey dey oxford and brighton na gays, grin grin grin

yea lagbaja music give u that african rythm and originality lacking in most of our naija artiste. cant wait
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I fuc.ks with Lagbaja

Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by touchmeder: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2009
that wonderful news. smiley
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by danteweb: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2009
Wow, music in Nigeria and africa is about to get another facelift! Has anyone noticed the trend that this guy releases an album every 4/5 years? Each time he releases an album, the songs manage to stay in the airwaves and people never seem to get tired of them till the next one comes out.

Lagbaja is fast becoming a phenomenon and a legend. I guess we can only wait to see what he's got for us this time around
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by MrCrackles(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

shocked

dejiariyo:

fancy? ahhhh i dey watch u , all yu pple wey dey oxford and brighton na gays, grin grin grin

Dont be silly, when i said i fancy, i meant his music and swag! grin cheesy
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Necorios(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2009
has anyone wondered wat face behind lagbaja luks like? the quest? is dis ow he is going to hide his identity 4ever? at least some1 must be seeing his face, lyk his wife, kids, family or his manager, cant anyone secretely snaps him and show us his face or worst still showing us his face.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2009
has anyone wondered wat face behind lagbaja luks like? the quest? is dis ow he is going to hide his identity 4ever? at least some1 must be seeing his face, lyk his wife, kids, family or his manager, cant anyone secretely snaps him and show us his face or worst still showing us his face.

YES OO! WE NEED TO SEE HIS FACE! WETIN HAPPEN SEF
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by spikedcylinder: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
Did he originally start out with Ego?
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by ikamefa(f): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Did he originally start out with Ego?

yes he did ,heard ego got married and she is on her own now, not sure if thats true though undecided

@ topic i cant wait jor!totally kuku for lagbaja's music grin grin grin

oh my! remember my days at motherlan cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by kunmibola(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2009
can someone tell me what took him so long to release the so-called album?
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2009
i had some delays with the scripts cos i was out of town.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by dominique(f): 1:10am On Apr 15, 2009
webdezzi:

i had some delays with the scripts cos i was out of town.

so he was waiting for you to return with the scripts abi?
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by oluwdashmi(f): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2009
Necorios:

I'm sure many must have seen him on the road or somewhere before but won't be aware cos we don't recognise him.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by azeezbaba(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
i will be happy if some1 can put his picture here
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2009
seriously, i wish i can know how he looks like, many ppl say he is very ugly with a funny looking mouth
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by smile11s(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2009
incase you dont know, now you know!

Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by eleshin(m): 12:07am On Apr 16, 2009
and you try oh!try the second pic,dat one fit match
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
that looked more like him but lagbaja is taller i guess, can we have many of his pix with different part of his face exposed
one can use photoshop to join join the tin and we have lagbaja
please post any pix u gat
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by eiete(f): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2009
webdezzi:

that looked more like him but lagbaja is taller i guess, can we have many of his pix with different part of his face exposed
one can use photoshop to join join the tin and we have lagbaja
please post any pix u gat
Lol! he has featured in one of his video's without a mask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYNkxnqdYZg
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Moyola(f): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2009
eiete:

Lol! he has featured in one of his video's without a mask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYNkxnqdYZg

Where in the video was he wivout a mask? undecided

In the video those twins aren't they 'Taiwo n Kenny' of 'Twin - X' or 'Twin - AX' shocked
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by TOYOSI20(f): 1:43am On Apr 17, 2009
I really don't care what he looks like, really. . . , its his music I'm into. . . .and that's about it. . . .i love the mystery about him as well!!

He has paved the way for most of the nice younger artistes today. . . .He's an ICON!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Moonstone(f): 4:57am On Apr 17, 2009
shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can't wait for this. . .Before the end of April? I haven't heard any of his singles yet. I hope it's as hilarious and enjoyable as his other albums, hopefully a tad better.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by EbeleAmobi(f): 5:10am On Apr 17, 2009
It will be boring as usual.Can anyone tell me why he hasn't uncovered his face.Anyway moonstöne i love ur nickname
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Moonstone(f): 5:11am On Apr 17, 2009
Thank you EbeleAmobi. cheesy cheesy
It's the element of mystery. Apparently he's really shy behind the mask. It's a good thing though. I think everyone else is tired of speculating, though.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 17, 2009
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Moonstone(f): 5:20am On Apr 17, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

See fine bobo. I'd date that cheesy kiss kiss kiss

www.nairaland.com/attachments/140333_20051207122212816_1_jpg77150bd7e60666e69f1ac046ed708faf
Love his music kiss kiss
Toyin, who is that? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Fine boy, i agree. It can't be Lagbaja.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by donciccio: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2009
Moonstone:

Toyin, who is that? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Fine boy, i agree. It can't be Lagbaja.

All dis babes sef una like 2 live in fantasy, u c fake pix of invisible lagbaja u'd prefer 2 date him. Y not me u're seeing in real.
Gal dat bobo on dat pix is R.I.P!!!

Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by Moonstone(f): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2009
don_ciccio:

All dis babes sef una like 2 live in fantasy, u c fake pix of invisible lagbaja u'd prefer 2 date him. Y not me u're seeing in real.
Gal dat bobo on dat pix is R.I.P!!!

What? What's wrong with that pic? I know it's not lagbaja but at least I did not say I wanna date him. All I said was that he's fine.
Re: Lagbaja Back With New Album by oladigbolu: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2009
is there a fuss about seeng the guys face, the most important thing is the guy makes gooooood music period, una too dey sell-fish ooooooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[VIDEO] Dammy Krane – Favour Of God / What Is 042? / Nollywood Actress Destiny Etiko Celebrates Her Son On His Birthday (see Post )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.