Stats: 3,194,068 members, 7,953,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

An Insight In The Life Of A Lagos Commercial Bus Passenger... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Insight In The Life Of A Lagos Commercial Bus Passenger... (489 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

An Insight In The Life Of A Lagos Commercial Bus Passenger... by diraxclusive(f): 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
As if the stress of work wasn't enough today, picking my bag exactly 5pm to go relax at home with the comfort of my bed was exciting enough, now this drama in a commercial bus! I never envisaged.
In a bid to get home on time, I whisked myself in the next available bus, not even minding the faces of the few passengers on it, "who does anyway"
As it took off, a sequence of the day's event engulfed my mind. I longed for that rush of fresh air from the window and quickly reached for it.
The man beside me kept looking at me as I laughed while in thoughts. He must have thought, I was going "gaga"
It was a smooth ride, "so I thought" until the driver and conductor felt pressured to fill the empty seats. This idea of stopping at every bus stops annoyed me but I just sat down tending to my own business, like I always do but other passengers didn't find it cool and they didn't fail in showing their disgust over this act. "Oga move this thing" the lady behind me said. "I shouldn't have paid" another one screamed.
At this point, the frequent stops at bus stops, the traffic, the hotness of the weather freaked me out. There are some things you never get used to in life.
"My change" I remembered, "e never dey" the conductor snapped, so I relaxed, and my thought sinked with the sound of movement, as I watched the endless trail of vehicles.
The abrupt change of atmosphere surprised me, the strong stench of sweat from the man beside me can kill a pig,"I thought " he had just raised his arm and I could barely breath and I don't...see more http://diraxclusive.com/blog/2015/09/20/an-insight-in-the-life-of-a-lagos-commercial-passenger/

Ojo Daisy- The Free Giver / Sunshine! / The Best Piece Of Advise I Ever Received

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9