Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) (669 Views)

TB Joshua: This Is My Father, G.K Balogun. I Was A Baby When He Died (Photos) / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Nobody Can Hang My Father – Rev King’s Godson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by orlaryhincah(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to ask if it is a MUST to serve ones father's religion? My dad has been disturbing me and my siblings because of this religion issue, I don't seem to be interested in his religion due to some personal reasons and moreover I wasn't brought up in that line. Am use to otherwise which is my mum's religion and I don't think I wanna change right. He restricted me and my siblings from worshipping with my mum and insisting we follow him to his always. Sincerely have been patiently doing this out of will which he knows very well that me and my siblings are not interested. I don't see no reason why he won't let us be. I begin to wander if its a compulsory thing to follows ones father religion?

Please Nairalanders, I seek your opinion on this. I didn't state the specific religion so that I won't cause conflicts on here but we all know the two religions we have.

Thanks.
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by GboyegaD(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
How old are you guys? Is he still responsible for your feeding and other day to day expense?
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by thorpido(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
You can't serve your father's religion,it is God you serve.A relationship with God is what really matters.Without any apologies,you can only have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Do you still live with your father?Are you schooling and is he responsible for your upkeep?

I'll say avoid conflict with him as much as possible while you are dependent on him.Serve God with your heart but follow your dad if he wants you to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by wahles(m): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Follow ur heart# use your head
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by menesheh(m): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
You can if you are solely dependent on him. If orderwise, let him know that he is absolutely abusing you by forcing you to do things against your wish.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by orlaryhincah(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
GboyegaD:
How old are you guys? Is he still responsible for your feeding and other day to day expense?
Just my feeding cause I haven't secured an accommodation yet.
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by GboyegaD(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
orlaryhincah:

Just my feeding cause I haven't secured an accommodation yet.

He accommodates you as well and I am sure that is why he feels you are obligated to follow his instructions. Talk to him as an adult and I hope he understands.
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by orlaryhincah(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
GboyegaD:

He accommodates you as well and I am sure that is why he feels you are obligated to follow his instructions. Talk to him as an adult and I hope he understands.
I hope so ooo
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
orlaryhincah:
Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to ask if it is a MUST to serve ones father's religion? My dad has been disturbing me and my siblings because of this religion issue, I don't seem to be interested in his religion due to some personal reasons and moreover I wasn't brought up in that line. Am use to otherwise which is my mum's religion and I don't think I wanna change right. He restricted me and my siblings from worshipping with my mum and insisting we follow him to his always. Sincerely have been patiently doing this out of will which he knows very well that me and my siblings are not interested. I don't see no reason why he won't let us be. I begin to wander if its a compulsory thing to follows ones father religion?

Please Nairalanders, I seek your opinion on this. I didn't state the specific religion so that I won't cause conflicts on here but we all know the two religions we have.

Thanks.

If I were you, I would follow my father to practise his religion, so that I can study the other bullsh!t. After some time, I would have been equipped enough to compare both bullsh!ts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by Myde4naija(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
I will advice you make a thorough research on both religion and go for the one that will give you eternal life. On the day of accountability no parent will defend you
Re: Must I Follow My Father's Religion? (pls Advice) by arabianights: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
orlaryhincah:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks.
'

your dad's religion is?

(1) (Reply)

If Saraki Is Removed, Nigeria May Divide- Apostle Johnson Suleman / Questions And Answers On Proof Of Christ's Birth In October / See What This Guy Wrote After Pastor Passworded Church Wi-fi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.