Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience (6070 Views)

"Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / My ''One Chance Bus'' Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is my first time travelling by bus and I'd like to blog my experience.
I'm going with Chisco motors, got to the terminal by 5pm. They didn't have online booking so I had to pay cash--4500. Departure was slated for 6pm. They made an announcement for departure by 7:30pm and conducted a prayer session. I'm agnostic so I left them to their business. After this they asked the passengers to come collect rice and water. I also wasn't interested. We left at about 7 50pm got to around garrison bus stop and the bus stopped to pick passengers along the road. I'm yet to determine how much they paid. It's 8 20pm and it's now the journey is beginning. I'll keep you guys posted perhaps every two hours because I'm definitely not sleeping.
PS it's a luxurious bus, you know the 48 seater kind

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Okay we stopped again at East West road just off rumokoro Junction and picked additional passengers. This hustler has been preaching ceaselessly since we left just hoping to get some handsome 'offering' at the end. We're getting to rumuodara. 2 hours gone and I'm still in Port Harcourt. This is shitty
Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Don't conclude he is hoping to get a handsome offering. Salvation is very important. Irrespective of the situation, we should always acknowledge and give thanks to God.
On Friday, a friend of mine went clubbing and after that he decided to head home (around 5.30am), lo and behold he had an accident (along oworonshoki) and lost his life. U never can tell what awaits u. So stop that bruv.
Urbino:
Okay we stopped again at East West road just off rumokoro Junction and picked additional passengers. This hustler has been preaching ceaselessly since we left just hoping to get some handsome 'offering' at the end. We're getting to rumuodara. 2 hours gone and I'm still in Port Harcourt. This is shitty

2 Likes

Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is 11:30pm. We are at Owerri. The road has been largely fair except somewhere at Bayelsa where we had to make a detour through a village. We stopped again at Owerri Park to pick up more passengers. This is fast becoming a nightmare.

Yeah I forgot to add, the seats are very dirty and smelly. I only have one jacket which I have to wear for my meeting tomorrow. I'm just lucky I removed it on time turned it inside out and kept it on my legs. Legroom is quite poor especially for a tall person. I sincerely hope we get on time. It's just begun raining
Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Its 7am. We're still at Okene Kogi state. Spent over three hours static... Either picking passrngers-some of who are lying on the floor - or doing some other thing I can't figure out
Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2015
10am we just entered the outskirts of Abuja
Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by zik4ever: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
Thank God for safety. I once travelled by night from Abuja to Port Harcourt with Chisco and it was a very unpleasant/scary experience. Never hope to do it again except if its an emergency or life and death issue. Generally wont advice night travel especially along some notorious routes except if its really unavoidable.
Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Urbino: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Oh yeah I got to my destination Wuse at around 11:30am. Came back by air. Never again would I experiment travelling by bus

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by zik4ever: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Urbino:
Oh yeah I got to my destination Wuse at around 11:30am. Came back by air. Never again would I experiment travelling by bus
Thank God for safety. Avoid night road travel if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
Urbino:
This is my first time travelling by bus and I'd like to blog my experience.
I'm going with Chisco motors, got to the terminal by 5pm. They didn't have online booking so I had to pay cash--4500. Departure was slated for 6pm. They made an announcement for departure by 7:30pm and conducted a prayer session. I'm agnostic so I left them to their business. After this they asked the passengers to come collect rice and water. I also wasn't interested. We left at about 7 50pm got to around garrison bus stop and the bus stopped to pick passengers along the road. I'm yet to determine how much they paid. It's 8 20pm and it's now the journey is beginning. I'll keep you guys posted perhaps every two hours because I'm definitely not sleeping.
PS it's a luxurious bus, you know the 48 seater kind
its 60 sitters o not 48

(1) (Reply)

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married / Woman Missing For 6Years Found Inside Her Car Under River In U.S(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.