Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night (1026 Views)

Mark Angel Comedy Breaks Youtube Record / 2016 Emmy Awards Nominees / Game Of Thrones Wins Emmy Awards In Los Angeles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night by antontech(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
The 67th Annual Emmy Awards crowned HBO’s fantasy hit with its highest honor Sunday night, with Thrones winning the award for outstanding drama series. Not only did Thrones snap its drama category runner-up streak, but the series picked up Emmys for outstanding supporting actor (Peter Dinklage), writing (David Benioff and Dan Weiss) and direction (David Nutter) on Sunday night. With a total of 12 Emmys this year (including eight won at the previously held Creative Arts Emmys), Thrones broke a major record by surpassing The West Wing to take home more TV Academy awards in a single year than any other show. Thrones easily beat the White House drama’s 2000 record of nine wins in one year.
Backstage, the showrunners were asked by reporters why Thrones finally won this year. “We knew that there would be some resistance at first to a show set in this genre … we knew it would take a while,” Benioff said. “But we’d hoped if we did our jobs and if we were fortunate enough to be blessed with the cast and crew that we were blessed with … and if we got lucky, that we’d get there eventually.”
The victory must be particularly sweet for the Thrones team given the controversy surrounding season 5. Thrones has raised eyebrows and generated pundit protest every year for its brutal depiction of a world inspired by Medieval Europe, but complaints reached a fever pitch during season 5 after a young likable character was raped and another was burned alive (a U.S. senator famously declared she was quitting Game of Thrones ).
Overall, the evening was huge for HBO, which also won for best comedy series ( Veep , snapping Modern Family’s winning streak) and best miniseries ( Olive Kitteridge ). All told HBO won 43 Emmys this year, the most in the network’s 14-year history of dominating the awards.

sorce: www.ew.com/article/2015/09/20/game-thrones-emmys
Re: Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night by doublewisdom: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Remind me, who was burned alive?
Re: Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night by sigmundfreud(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
doublewisdom:
Remind me, who was burned alive?
Stanley Barratheon's daughter smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night by wagazala: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
GOT 5 Surely did push it very far this time but deserved every award won. Peter Dinklage my new favourite. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Breaks Emmy Awards Record, Wins 12 In A Night by JUHABACH: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
i m really happy for the GOT crew. i really didnt see what was all the fuss about s5. was it that people were not already familiar with the show's tone?
i also didnt see how the rape of sansa was "the last straw" for some. were they not present when an innocent boy was murdered in s1 or how about the incest (which ordinarily should be more disturbing than rape).
sry for the rant btw.

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Camera Shows How Lecturer Sleeps With His Students / SB Young Eze: Another Rising Nollywood Actor From The East / Check Out The Top 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Produced In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.