Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. (2822 Views)

At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / Don’t Let Me Die, Lady Bathed With Acid By Ex-lover Cries. / Help!!!..my Brother Still Bed Wets At 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by OSE77(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bedwetting is an involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which bladder control would normally be anticipated.

It is medically call "nocturnal enuresis."

there are two types of bed wetting - primary & secondary.

Primary nocturnal enuresis (PNE) is when a child has not yet stayed dry on a regular basis.

Secondary nocturnal enuresis (SNE) is when a child or adult begins wetting again after having stayed dry.

the negative effects of bed wetting are so enormous that even a foolish teenager will burdenly beg on daily basis that God Almighty should deliver him/her from such a neggative fate.

I remember that I once suffered from this nonsense call bedwetting. I know some Persons that have suffered thesame but today are FREE completely from it.

it is such an embarasing thing that can:

Destroy self esteem

Disgrace you when you sleep with a friend or love one

Give nonsense body odour

And of course, make you a laughing stock

see, the list of its neggative effects can be endless,

It is very posible to see a 20 years old who suffer from bedwetting (even ladies). will such a lady go and urinate in her husbands` house?

DO YOU or ANY ONE AROUND YOU SUFFER FROM THIS nonsense?

will you like me to help you out with an unfailing solution?

if you answer yes, pls reply my post.

i am about building a blog (site) to offer an online solution to every one who will show interest, so hurry and let me know if you need my practical and easy to get remedy.

for any other question regarding this, just send me an sms 08077050971 (include your email address to the message).
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by kinkygurl: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
I have a cousin (male) 14 years old and still wets the bed. We try talking to him about it but it doesnt help, we try telling him to eliminate the among of liquid he drinks, he dont listens. His mother even try waking him up through the night to go to the bathroom but he still wets the bed. He sleeps very hard and is hard to wake up, so its like his body does go into a lapse so to say. What can we do to help him as he is growing into a young man? sad
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by Sissy3(f): 3:07am On Apr 26, 2009
Bed-wetting—called nocturnal enuresis—isn't caused by drinking too much liquid before bedtime, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians. "It's not a psychological problem. It's not because the child is too lazy to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. And children do not wet the bed on purpose, out of spite or to irritate their parents."

Bed-wetting in teenagers and adults

Causes of bedwetting in teenagers and adults

Adults who wet the bed at night often have problems in the daytime as well, such as having to rush to the lavatory (urgency). It is not really known why this occurs. It may be a mixture of reasons. If you have always suffered from bed-wetting, you may:

* Lack the necessary muscle and nerve control
* Produce a lot of urine at night

If you have only recently started to wet the bed, it could be caused by:

* urine infection
* alcohol, coffee or diuretic medicines
* sleeping tablets
* diabetes
* stress and anxiety
* other conditions

Lack of necessary muscle and nerve control. Your bladder may not have developed the necessary nerve and muscle control, so the bladder muscle contracts and empties the bladder when it is only half full of urine. If you are a teenager, your bladder may soon learn – it is just being a bit slow.

Producing a lot of urine at night. You may be producing a lot of urine, because the mechanisms that reduce urine production at night have not developed. Again, if you are a teenager, the problem may solve itself in time.

Urine infection. A urine infection can irritate the bladder, and make it more difficult to hold urine.

Alcohol, coffee or diuretic medicines. Diuretics are medications that are used to treat high blood pressure and some heart problems. They encourage the kidney to make more urine. It is best not to take a diuretic at bedtime, because you will need to pass urine in the night and, if your bladder control is poor, this could cause bed-wetting. Alcohol and coffee have a similar effect, so avoid them within 3 hours of bedtime.

Sleeping tablets can make you sleep so soundly that you do not wake up when your bladder is full. If you take sleeping tablets, discuss with your doctor whether you really need them, or try reducing the dose.

Diabetes is a disease in which the blood sugar is too high. The kidneys try to lower the sugar by making lots of sugary urine, so you pass more urine in the day and during the night (you are also thirsty). If your bladder control is poor, this could cause bed-wetting. The problem goes away when the diabetes is treated.

Stress and anxiety can cause bed-wetting.

Other conditions, such as expansion of the prostate gland, neurological problems and sleep apnea can result in bed-wetting.

What you can do

Do not blame yourself. Remind yourself that it is not your fault. There is no need to feel guilty or dirty. And remember that no one can tell just by looking at you that you have this problem.

Cut down on alcohol. Trial and error will show you if this helps. Similarly, try cutting down on coffee in the evening.

Use an alarm clock to wake you a couple of hours or so after going to bed, and a couple of hours before your usual waking time. Vary the time every few days, to avoid getting into the habit of emptying the bladder at the same time each night.

Try sleeping in a different bed, or moving to a different room or even just moving your bed into a different position – some people find this helps.

Visit your doctor

What your doctor can do

Check that there is nothing seriously wrong. Your doctor will ask you questions, especially about whether you have wet the bed since childhood, or whether it is a new problem. He or she will do simple urine tests for infection and for diabetes. Your doctor will also check that there is nothing physically wrong with the bladder system – this may require a hospital referral to a consultant urologist and/or a bladder X-ray or ultrasound scan.

Bedwetting alarms (enuresis alarms) are used for children who wet the bed , but they can also work for teenagers and sometimes for adults. Modern types are worn between two pairs of pants, so they are small and discreet. Your family doctor can advise you about obtaining an alarm or, If the alarm has not produced any improvement after 3 months, talk to your doctor.

Medications are available on prescription from your family doctor.

Some doctors recommend therapies such as setting alarms during the night, bladder training and medications.
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by kinkygurl: 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2009
thanks for the information, but do you think he might need to see a doctor. like i said, he is 14 years old and have been doing this since a younger child. Another thing, he likes tea, and sometimes drink tea at night before going to bed. An alarm wont work for him because he sleeps very hard. What can we do about this problem?
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by Sissy3(f): 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2009
take him to see a doc he might prescribe a medication for him to help him cope
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by OSE77(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
ok, i got some faster solution for all who need a cure from bed wetting.

Sorry I have been busy with some schedule. Expect my post on the 5th of May, thanks.
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by PHARMTOKI(f): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2009
s
Since he likes teas let him take teas prepared with corn silk(zea mays) and plantain leaves(plantago lanceolata).
Re: Up To 16years And Still Bed Weting? Let Me Help You. by OSE77(m): 2:19pm On May 05, 2009
Yes, i promised to make a further post today on this subject. i love the whole gist/replies going on here.

i want to offer an unfailing remedy to as many people that are suffereing from bedwetting. as i type this now, i have already put together a very easy to understand E-BOOK FOR AS MANY THAT WANT TO OVERCOME BEDWETTING.

let me show an unfailing treatment even if you are 30years and still bedwetting.

interested persons should send me an e-mail: ayim4cash@gmail.com i am waiting for your mail.

(1) (Reply)

Scoliosis? Keep Calm, It's Just A Curved Spine! ;-) / Good News, Cure For Fibroid, No Surgery / Rain Soul Treatment On Diabetes,BloodPressure,cancer And Chicken-pox Treatment .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.