Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Chelsea 'extremely Disappointed' By Diego Costa's Three-match Ban - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea 'extremely Disappointed' By Diego Costa's Three-match Ban (627 Views)

Chelsea Fans Stunned By Diego Costa’s Antonio Conte Comments / Peter Odemwingie Signs For Madura United FC, Indonesian Club, Looks Disappointed / Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea 'extremely Disappointed' By Diego Costa's Three-match Ban by adolphusberit(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
The Blues made known their feelings over the Football Association's decision to ban their striker for three games, but will wait for the written reasons before commenting further

Chelsea say they are "extremely disappointed" with the Football Association's decision to ban striker Deigo Costa for three matches on Tuesday.

Costa was suspended for his actions during the Blues' 2-0 victory over Arsenal on Saturday, in which he clashed with Laurent Koscielny and Gabriel.

A statement on the club's website reads: "We are extremely disappointed with the FA Regulatory Commission's decision to suspend Diego Costa. We will await their written reasons before commenting further."

Blues boss Jose Mourinho had lauded his striker's behaviour after the match, insisting he did nothing wrong and that he did not deserve to be red carded, as Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had suggested.

"If you want to speak about Diego Costa with me, he played like he has to play," he said.

"That's why you have full stadiums and the game watched around the world by millions and millions. The game has to be played like that.

"That is why tomorrow I will go to see what I consider comparable in terms of dedication and passion, New Zealand and Argentina [in the Rugby World Cup] - I go tomorrow because I love it. Fantastic, Diego.

"Costa was man-of-the-match for me. Of course [it was not a red card for Costa]."

The FA had earlier rescinded Gabriel's own three-match punishment after he was sent off during the game for kicking out at Costa.

The Gunners appealed against the would-be violent conduct ban on the grounds of wrongful dismissal, and were deemed successful.

However, the Brazilian centre-back still faces an improper conduct charge and has until Thursday evening to respond.
Re: Chelsea 'extremely Disappointed' By Diego Costa's Three-match Ban by ThePeacemaker(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
'єм ѕυρρσѕє α∂∂ ℓιкє 10 мαт¢н вαи ʝσιи................тнє ∂υ∂є ρℓαуѕ ѕσ¢¢єя ℓιкє Rugby.........GBAM

(1) (Reply)

100% Accurate Inplay Free Predictions / El Clasico Match-fixing Claims Investigated By Spanish Anti-corruption Police / Arsene Wenger Is Now A Model (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.