Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide (1340 Views)

Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide / A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) / The Necklace ( A short Story) by Akintayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2015
The Surprise Proposal
John sat at the table and waited. He wanted it to be the best thing he would do. He had never being so agitated. He checked his wristwatch and shifted again. A waiter came and desire to know if he will like to buy something.
‘Give me Malta Guinness’. He said. Normally, he wouldn’t take Malta Guinness but it was her favourite. He would do anything to see her happy. He would do anything to make her always remain the love of his life.
After he and Shola met and had become friends, he had been harbouring the thought of telling her how he felt about her but he decided to wait until their friendship was solid. The last lady he told about his love was more of an acquaintance than a friend because they had known each other for years before they started dating; yet, they had not gotten time to talk and enjoy knowing each other. So, when they started dating, it was more like a routine to talk. They tried hard to build a relationship but it was like making a ship travel on land.
John hoped he would surprise as he had hoped; just as he had imagined all month. The plan had been simple and because of the simplicity, she fell for it.
He checked the time again. She was ten minute late. He shifted. The music in the background seems to talk to him.
I dreamt of you and never wanted to stop.
I saw your face and wished it would remain the only image in my brain.
I am obsessed.
I am possessed.
No regrets.
Just be mine.

Just as he sipped to the middle of the Malta Guinness’ bottle, she entered. His heart flipped.
She wore a red flora gown. The edge of the cloth kissed her knee and the sight of this made his blood become warmer. He had been seeing her as a friend for years but today he could not wish for any other woman to be the love of his life. She has just the same feature as Omotola. Her fairness was outlined by her long dark hair made him swallow hard.
‘Am I late?’ Shola said as sat opposite him. He smiled. The plan was working.
He shook his head, raised his eyebrow, and said.’ Of course, you are ten minutes late’.
‘I’m sorry joor… at least, I got here before her’, she said as she brought a small mirror from her bag and patted her hair into a shape she desired, the way he loved it.
‘How do I look?’
‘Perfect. Just as I like. Just as she would like it’.
She blushed.’ Leave me joor…’
He told her he wanted her to witness when he would be proposing to his girlfriend since she was his best friend. Although, when he told her, he expected to see disappointment or jealousy in her eyes, he saw none of such. She was his best friend, and all his friends and family knew that; in fact, they thought the two of them were dating. And if he told anybody he was not dating her, they would think he was pretending. The only person aside her who knew John wasn’t dating her was his friend, Wale.
‘I hope she’s beautiful. This one that you did not tell me your best friend who you were dating until you wanted to propose marriage to her’. She said and glared at him. ‘If she’s not beautiful, I’ll send her back’.
‘She would be here soon’. He said, smiling. He had planned it well. Her seat was backing the door.
‘Oh! There she comes’, he said and she turned. He hurriedly removed the case from his pocket, went on his knee, and opened the case.
‘There is-‘Shola said as she turned towards him. She stared at him in surprise. And her eyes went from his face to the case and back to the face again.
‘Will you marry me, Shola?’
She stared at him, her eyes became wider. She inhaled a long breathe and whimpered. He smiled. She love him and was happy.
‘You shouldn’t have deceived me’, she said. Tears dropped from her eyes and her eyes were now fixed on the ground.’ I love you… But you told me you wanted to propose to someone else’.
He nodded.
‘Is that a yes?’
‘After you….’ She said and hissed. Her eyes closed and he knew something was wrong. He watched her closely as she opened and closed her mouth severally.

‘Wale had proposed to me and I told him to I’ll give him a reply later’.
‘Wale? Did he not know we were in a relationship? Why didn’t he tell him?’
‘Why didn’t you tell him, at least, that you love me…?’
‘He knew…’

‘He didn’t-‘
‘Did you give him a reply’?
Tears streamed down her face. She stared at him and held his hand. His heart was burning. He swallowed hard as his body became numb and he wished the news would change.
‘When you told me you’ve found a lady and that you were going to propose to her today. I felt there wasn’t any need to wait for you any longer. So-‘
Hot liquid substance flowed across his face but he was not concerned. He wanted to know what happened.
‘I told him, yes, yesterday. You should have told me plainly. You know I am not good with…’
She said. And burst into tears. She carried her bag and rushed out of the restaurant, leaving him on his knee. He stared into space as the music in the background came in.
And I …will always love you...

WWW.litehelp.WordPress. com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2015
This is a lovely piece... Still reading
Re: The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by Opeoluwa99(f): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Beautiful, wow no 'bidemi' today or are you continuing the story,Divepen sir
Re: The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Opeoluwa99:
Beautiful, wow no 'bidemi' today or are you continuing the story,Divepen sir
Posted
Re: The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by dpete1: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
Another hot story from divepen.following till the end
Re: The Surprise Proposal- Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 5:50am On Oct 30, 2015
I entered a competition that requires that each person get at least 300 votes to get to the next stage and I've just gotten 157 votes. We are getting nearer to the deadline please I need your support. Here is the link....
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172
Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Some Unknown Facts About The Mona Lisa Painting By Leonardo Da Vinci / The Sweet Temptation -An Intriguing Love Story by Funmi Adebayo Is On Okadabooks / Romantic Story :- S*x In Traffic ( Episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.