Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

See What Fuel Scarcity Can Cause - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / See What Fuel Scarcity Can Cause (521 Views)

What Fuel Scarcity Caused In Nigeria / How I Have Been Surviving Fuel Scarcity And Lack Of Electricity (photo) / Capture This Mode Of Transportation During Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Fuel Scarcity Can Cause by modelee(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
I was sitting in my car on a very long queue from the Mobil petrol station in Maryland. This queue was almost getting to Anthony bus stop (a stretch of almost 3 miles!)
It was one of those days when fuel was scarce. Suddenly, a guy ran past my car with a Jerry can in one hand shouting, "They have started o!" in Yoruba.
I quickly jumped out of my car, opened my booth, got my Jerry can and ran after him. He kept running towards Maryland.
When he got to the petrol station, he shouted again, "Won ti bere ooo!" This in Yoruba means, "They have started o!"
He ran past the petrol station and headed towards Sheraton hotel. Anyone who knows these places I'm mentioning will understand how quite afar they are. I tried to run faster to catch up and ask the boy what have they started, but the boy ran faster. I looked back and I saw like 6 people had joined us running with Jerry cans in their palms.
We continued past Sheraton and headed towards Ikeja bus stop. When we got to Ikeja bus stop, he shouted again, "They have started o!"... and continued his run. We asked each other what was happening but nobody seemed to know as we ran behind the boy.
Finally, we got to Oshodi and he shouted again, this time, we were like 40 people running behind him, all of us with a Jerry can in one hand. He shouted again, "They have started ooo!"!!! He continued his run towards Isolo and finally, after getting to Isolo, he stopped and we were all gasping for breath, all of us , men and women, some with pot bellies. I moved closed to him and asked, "What have they started?"

The boy replied, "Chelsea vs Arsenal, the match has started!"
I fainted.

1 Like

Re: See What Fuel Scarcity Can Cause by tjlove(f): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
very funny post, so is Chelsea vs Arsenal that u guys are running for. god help us oh. note pls next time make sure u find out b4 u run like that ok. smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Screening -ease Your Reactions With This Captions / Premiership Waec Examination / Plss Open This... ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.