Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? (4536 Views)

Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th / Jay Z/beyonce/snoop Dogg Storm Lagos: / Beyonce vs Shakira: Who Can Dance Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by inspiredm(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2006
Hello Nairalanders, today 7th October 2006, will be featuring 8 foreign artists to perform LIVE in NIGERIA, they include JAY Z, CIARA, BEYONCE, SNOOP DOGG, MISSY ELLIOT, BUSTA RHYMES, MARY J BLIGE, and EN VOGUE, other Nigerian artists include 2FACE, D'BANJ, WEIRD MC, MAJEK FASHEK, and 5 others, THE SHOW HOLDS FOR 2 DAYS, TICKETS COST 25,000 NAIRA FOR ONE DAY SHOW, AND 30,000 FOR THE 2 DAYS SHOWS, VIP SEATS COSTS 100,000, IS THIS A RIP OFF OR AN EXPLOITATION ? DO PEOPLE IN THE US PAY THESE MUCH TO WATCH THESE ARTISTS PERFORM IN LIVE SHOWS ? THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE SHOW, BUT I WANT US TO DISCUSS COS I THINK THIS FARE AINT FAIR AT ALL.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Kajiang02(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2006
dis aint fair at all,
i wonda y we so much despise ourselves in dis country of ours,
i cldnt just loose a whoopin #25000 to c d show,
i hope such shows r neva held again,
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by layi(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2006
Why i go pay N25,000 just to see these artists when my mates in the US see them everyday on the streets. I see no big deal. Even if i've got 1billion, i wont part wit 25k to see those stars (me sef i be star). 100k for VIP, yet una know want corruption.
Anyway the concert aint exclusive to 1 artist so they'll probably have not more than 15mins each. You wont get the best from them this way. It all rubbish to me

NB: You have fan zones @ TBS and entry in 500# (where you can watch the live transmision on screen). Go only if u want to be raped or robbed.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by brainyme: 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2006
damn, can U imagine?
How can I pay 25k just to watch some people sing for me?
Say na wettin happen?

I'd rather use that cash for something more important.

Imagine spending 25k for just a show and there are so many people suffering out there, so many children starving and dieing yet if we are asked to give common 10 naira we wont but someone has a heart to remove 25k just to see some human beings who aint different from u at all.

It baffles me.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by naijacutee(f): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2006
They have come to exploit us yet again.Why not do a free show like the Make Poverty History in England 2 years ago, or the 46664 show in South Africa?
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by ikamefa(f): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2006
layi:

Why i go pay N25,000 just to see these artists when my mates in the US see them everyday on the streets. I see no big deal. Even if i've got 1billion, i wont part wit 25k to see those stars (me sef i be star). 100k for VIP, yet una know want corruption.
Anyway the concert aint exclusive to 1 artist so they'll probably have not more than 15mins each. You wont get the best from them this way. It all rubbish to me

NB: You have fan zones @ TBS and entry in 500# (where you can watch the live transmision on screen). Go only if u want to be raped or robbed.

" grin " i love! love! love ! love ! this post couldn't stop laughing! word!
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by brainyme: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2006
ikamefa:

" grin " i love! love! love ! love ! this post couldn't stop laughing! word!

Funny, but its the damn truth.
People dont know what to do with money
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by edygirl(f): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2006
If it is only one artist, I bet it wouldn't cost that much. I think it is that much because NIg like to worship these people that have money already instead of them to make them do the show for us free since they see Nig or Africans as poor ones. I wouldn't pay such money though even if I have more than enough. There are so many epople in Nig that need it more than them.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by inspiredm(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2006
Well, the crux of the issue is that i posted this topic for discussion because i realised that 20,000 audience are expected at the show, 20,000 fans are expected to pay 30,000 bucks, making at least a net price of 600 million bucks minus VIP slots, yet there are loads of street beggars, orphans, impoverished human beings EVEN OUTSIDE THE GATES of where the shows would be held, I understand the fact that the Organisers might have raised the price to checkmate the status of audience expected, but if 20.000 Nigerians can pay 30,000 bucks to watch some fellow human beings when the proceeds is not for CHARITY then thats the PEAK OF CRAZINESS FOR AFRICANS MOST POPULOUS NATION.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2006
Why i go pay N25,000 just to see these artists [b]when my mates in the US see them everyday on the stre[/b]ets
calm down brosĀ  grin

I thought the show was for charity also ( the water awereness thingy)

anyway we have to remember that it's the ORGANISERS THAT are fixing the price not the artists

btw i thought beyonce wont make it
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2006
inspired_m:

Well, the crux of the issue is that i posted this topic for discussion because i realised that 20,000 audience are expected at the show, 20,000 fans are expected to pay 30,000 bucks, making at least a net price of 600 million bucks minus VIP slots, yet there are loads of street beggars, orphans, impoverished human beings EVEN OUTSIDE THE GATES of where the shows would be held, I understand the fact that the Organisers might have raised the price to checkmate the status of audience expected, but if 20.000 Nigerians can pay 30,000 bucks to watch some fellow human beings when the proceeds is not for CHARITY then thats the PEAK OF CRAZINESS FOR AFRICANS MOST POPULOUS NATION.

Erm you said you already got your ticket so why u stressing? How many times have you donated more than N1000 to charity not church, next time give the money to charity or buy the ticket for a sick child to enjoy the show wink
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by ImBossy(f): 4:49am On Oct 08, 2006
Gosh i went for tha show it was VIP and NO i didnt pay the 100 thousand, it was an Invitation, What people did not understand was that the governent paid for this and he "The body" sent out 10,000 invites, For eg ma Dad got 5 invitations for the Vip section thats why i went, so if they expected 20,000 then they did not expect half of the people to pay, i know if i had to pay i wouldnt have been anywhere near that place cuz i think its absurd to charge 25thousand naira for a concert when most people dont earn that much in a month, its totally unfair becuause its not only the "Elite" of Nigeria that wanted to see Jay Z or Beyonce or Ciara, i mean when u turn on the radio who are they blasting?BEYONCE, CIARA, JAY Z so i think its tottally unfair, but that bein said, I Got to meet them, get autographs, and take pics so am Good, Lol,
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by aloib(f): 5:06am On Oct 08, 2006
if i had the moneey, why wont i go, ive learnt one thing in life, if u can afford to do anythn that would make u happy, do it, u wont live this life a second time, if i am able to afford 100k for it, ill go, enjoy my self and ave fun,

i'm bossy oya post pics abeg cheesy grin
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by brainyme: 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2006
Ask all these people that paid that much for the concert to put half of that amount in the Church as offering or Tithe, they will never.

Sometimes I wonder if people even think.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by lovebayus(m): 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2006
I'm Bossy, gloryfying in the fact that our government squandered millions on a show is not something that sounds appealing to the ears. the level of poverty and underdevelopment in the nation is being sidelined in order to purchase 100,000 naira VIP tickets for people like you. Did the resources in any way contribute to the welfare and welbeing of the nigerian populace? that is a food for thought for you.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Ndipe(m): 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
Unfortunately, some people put these celebrities on a pedestal, idolizing them and would exchange their paycheck just to get a glimpse of them. Listen folks, celebrities are people, just like you, with most of them, I am sure, having 10 fingers and ten toes. What may set them apart from you is that they are stupendously rich which to me does not make any difference in my life, cos man's worth is not measured by wealth.

Wake up and smell the roses!!!
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Orikinla(m): 12:30am On Oct 09, 2006
The more you look the less you see.
It was a trap set by EFCC to catch the crooks and rogues and their beneficiaries in Nigeria! grin

If they would donate some of the cash to my charity, then nothing could be wrong in the cost of the ticket even if they charged $1,000 per seat.
It is not by force.

Is it your money?

Mind your business. grin
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by kemuye: 4:45am On Oct 09, 2006
to me i believe dat the show is not organized because of everybody,the show is not for the masses,so just a fucking #25000 doesn't mean anything to some set of people,at least is all about fun
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Ushersx(m): 5:50am On Oct 09, 2006
All u folks re rite its probably a rip off.But i guess d mistake d organisers made is 2 ve brought all dis stars all @ once,if u ask me definately dey (organisers)also wants 2 make profit ignorin d fact dat it will be a rip off nd i guess dats y dey added d so-called fans zone.Even in d states ppl dont pay dis exorbitant fees on shows cos most of dem ppl re broke ass niggas.Well its only a shame dat anytin can happen in dis country.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2006
if i had 25k now,iwill crash into the market and get lots of jeans and top to add to my wardrobe.i love ciara.jay z and missy elliot but not to the xtent of throwing 25k just to see them.if the ticket was 5k,no kih but 25k, its really crazy,i work for money,i don't steal it.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by brainyme: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2006
Its funny that we would think more of ourselves than out neighbour thats suffering and dieing in pains.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2006
*Im_Bossy*:

Gosh i went for tha show it was VIP and NO i didnt pay the 100 thousand, it was an Invitation, What people did not understand was that the governent paid for this and he "The body" sent out 10,000 invites, For eg ma Dad got 5 invitations for the Vip section thats why i went, so if they expected 20,000 then they did not expect half of the people to pay, i know if i had to pay i wouldnt have been anywhere near that place because i think its absurd to charge 25thousand naira for a concert when most people don't earn that much in a month, its totally unfair becuause its not only the "Elite" of Nigeria that wanted to see Jay Z or Beyonce or Ciara, i mean when u turn on the radio who are they blasting?BEYONCE, CIARA, JAY Z so i think its tottally unfair, but that bein said, I Got to meet them, get autographs, and take pics so am Good, Lol,

prove it grin wink
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by fellybabe(f): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2006
It's crazy.actually am dying 2 meet those stars.but i can afford it.dat covers my 2staff's salary.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Alexos(m): 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
Why Una dey complain of money self, ?

Did they force you to buy the ticket? If u know the amount is too outrageous for you, then you back out.

Those that attended can afford to pay for it, so what the hell.

Well, i didnt go because i didnt have the money, but if i had more than enough, and am willing to dish it ou/waste that amount, then its my problem.

It's not as if this guys r God's. They r people we see everyday on TV, we read about them everyday, and barely know everything about them. What more do we wanna see. Its not as if they r posing naked there, even if they are, they rn't diff from other.

Well, all this is happening all in the name of entertainment anyway, and i think its a big boost to our entertainment industry, we need 'em to teach us how to do this things, cos they are 'pros' in the business(we dont wanna remain wack)

GOD HELP NIGERIA(NS), !!!
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by cino1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2006
they don go back please tell me?
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Alexos(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2006
@cino1

wetin concern us with the time wey dey wan depart. If them like make dem start to live 4 naija, thats the problem.

Hope its not what am thinking, abi u wan go see them for airport(FOC), lol just kidding

Afterall them don collect them money. I dunno if their agreement with the organiser is to fly them in and out. But whatever the case maybe, it's too soon for them to leave. Am sure they'll be somewhere hanging aorund for a couple of days b4 leaving.
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by cino1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2006
why i am asking is to know how and where to get them , to shot them for reall, they are really stupid to come to nija and take those money out even the Organicers are very mad too,
when we have people like Cino , Style-plus and P-squre,

na weting?
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by Alexos(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2006
DAMN, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

I almost lmao man, u r damn funny

Why dont u think u where a lil late, or been too forward. You for nail the organisers first, or u would have crucified their fellow past invitees.

But hey!!! Dont even think about it undecided
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by FBI477(m): 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2006
so so so many crazy posts in here. abeg, make una no kill pesin wit excess laughter. 4 d people wey fit afford d show n that attended, please sing to d people wey bodi dey bite dem;

if i lost my money
u go follow me chop am
na me bring u cum lagos?
i resemble ur papa?
if i lost my money
u go follow me chop am
na me bring u cum lagos?
do i look like ur father?
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by ImBossy(f): 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2006
I'm Bossy, gloryfying in the fact that our government squandered millions on a show is not something that sounds appealing to the ears. the level of poverty and underdevelopment in the nation is being sidelined in order to purchase 100,000 naira VIP tickets for people like you. Did the resources in any way contribute to the welfare and welbeing of the nigerian populace? that is a food for thought for you.

My Dear let me ansa u, It may not sound appealing to you but that is the truth, it happned, half the people that were in the VIP section did NOT pay for it, so i had to bring that to the attention of the people that did not know because they are making it sound like people ACTUALLY paid that 100 thousand for that VIP seat and that is not the case, Excuse me, I would Make no Apologies for "People like me", because at the end of the day, Infact am not going to justify this, It is food for thought but not for me because i did say that i thought the price was absurd and it was unfair, but hey i got lucky and yes its because of who my father is but once again i refuse to make apologies for people like me, it is what it is,
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by ImBossy(f): 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2006
Loverbowy, as soon as i load it up, as soon as i load it up, lol, ull be the first to see ooo, BEST belive i would show that off, lmaooo, grin
Re: 25,000 Naira To Watch Jay Z, Beyonce, Ciara: Crazy ? by cino1(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2006
I was too late that was why,

If not you would have heard about it in the news how a Nigerian young guy attack the invitees and killing one of them after killing the organisers

For reall,,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winners, 2009 MTV Africa Music Award (mamas) / Ebenezer Obey And Sunny Ade: The Story Of Two Rivals. / Chinwe Ike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.