Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park (677 Views)

FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall / FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH / FAAN Launches Lagos Airport Automated Car Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park by OmoAdio: 2:02am On Sep 24, 2015
I saw this FAAN bus at the makeshift car park at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos around 7pm, on Wednesday, Sept 23rd, 2015. The bus driver (A FAAN staff) & other FAAN officials were charging N200 per trip to ferry passengers from the make shift Car Park to the Arrival & Departure wings of the airport. They claimed its "executive service" cos of the A.C in the bus! Nigerians are demanding for the justification of this N200 per trip. What baffles me is the rationale behind this extortion when the free ride shuttle that were more than 3 initially suddenly vamoosed to one bus per day apparently to pave way for this Illegal operation by FAAN! Shuttle bus service should not attract a fee since FAAN is causing untold hardship to travelers with the construction of the main car park which is taking eternity! Nigerians...Lets ask questions!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park by whirlwind7(m): 3:46am On Sep 24, 2015
Good things hardly last in this country. It's like the system has a phobia for any sort of progress.

Even if FAAN wanted to introduce fares for a trip of a few hundred meters, why charge up to that?
Or is it just a temporary thing, a plot hatched and executed by a few junior level officials to make quick cash?

Hope this report gets enough exposure, so we can know if this is official or not.

cc: lalasticlala , Dominique

1 Like

Re: FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park by chukxie(m): 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Is the car park still being constructed? shocked Work was going on at that car park when I was home last February. Naija, I hail thee! A country where projects are usually executed at a 'snail's pace'. Back to the matter: Aren't airport shuttle buses meant for ferrying travelers to the airport for free? Why are travelers paying N200 to ride airport shuttle buses that were meant to be ridden for free? Can't they file complaints to the FAAN authorities? I know the likelihood of that happening is slim because we love 'suffering and smiling'.
Re: FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park by vamum: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
chukxie:
Is the car park still being constructed? shocked[b] Work was going on at that car park when I was home last Februar[/b]y. Naija, I hail thee! A country where projects are usually executed at a 'snail's pace'. Back to the matter: Aren't airport shuttle buses meant for ferrying travelers to the airport for free? Why are travelers paying N200 to ride airport shuttle buses that were meant to be ridden for free? Can't they file complaints to the FAAN authorities? I know the likelihood of that happening is slim because we love 'suffering and smiling'.

More like work was on-going since when i last visited in 2009 grin grin grin
Re: FAAN Official Charge N200 For A Supposed Free Shuttle Bus Service From Car Park by chukxie(m): 12:17am On Sep 25, 2015
vamum:

More like work was on-going since when i last visited in 2009 grin grin grin

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Trailer Crush Guy Selling Gala To Death At Sapele Road Benin / Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Injured In Car Crash (photo) / 2 Days Magical Tour Of Ibadan (easter Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.