Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? (2485 Views)

Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / Eritrean Immigrant Emerges From A Suitcase In Switzerland (Photos) / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Betti001(f): 4:58am On Sep 24, 2015
House, I have been offered offered admission into ETH in Zurich for graduate studies. I wish to know the relative cost of living there. How much German do I have to learn before arriving in January? What is the average rent per month for a 2bedroom flat? Can students work while studying in Switzerland?

I need help to understand these things before I conclude the visa procedures. Thanks in advance.
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Betti001(f): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2015
Betti001:
House, I have been offered offered admission into ETH in Zurich for graduate studies. I wish to know the relative cost of living there. How much German do I have to learn before arriving in January? What is the average rent per month for a 2bedroom flat? Can students work while studying in Switzerland?

I need help to understand these things before I conclude the visa procedures. Thanks in advance.

No one here to offer any help?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Cindino20(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
Betti001:

2 bedroom flat ...lols rent re lil bit high in zurich..u prolly gonna need a flat share or something like that...

2bedroom will cost abt 1600CHF...most students reside in WGs(shared flat)

AFAIK..you can get by speakin english in zurich but if possible learn German.

I hope this help.

All the best.
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
ETH zurich that's one of the best schools in the world. OP you are really lucky.
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Betti001(f): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Cindino20:

2 bedroom flat ...lols rent re lil bit high in zurich..u prolly gonna need a flat share or something like that...

2bedroom will cost abt 1600CHF...most students reside in WGs(shared flat)

AFAIK..you can get by speakin english in zurich but if possible learn German.

I hope this help.

All the best.

Thanks a lot.
1600CHF?? Is that not a year's rent in some places in Naija? I will look into the shared flat option. Maybe that will help me to learn the language wink
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Betti001(f): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
tensazangetsu:
ETH zurich that's one of the best schools in the world. OP you are really lucky.

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Cindino20(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
Betti001:

Thanks a lot.
1600CHF?? Is that not a year's rent in some places in Naija? I will look into the shared flat option. Maybe that will help me to learn the language wink

Yea...it does...try Tandem programs too...

All the best.
Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 21, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? by Charpell(m): 1:00am On Dec 29, 2015
Betti001:

Hello Betti001, congrats on your admission to study in ETH. i have intentions of running my masters in germany, could you please walk me on the steps it took you to this stage and how much you spent in all. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa / I Would Like To Hook Up With A French Speaker / Perfectly Preserved Cave Bear From Ice Age Discovered In Russia (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.