Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar (21203 Views)

Naira Strengthens, Gains N2 Against Dollar / Naira Depreciates To N355/$ / Naira Depreciates By N7 - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by mikkypel(m): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
It's good news to folks in European countries.. Whenever they remember buhari promise to equal it, they are sad...
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Harvard trained economist, kindly educate us on who to blame and why this is happening?
I will reply you not because your question demands a reasonable reply But because I regard you...

Please watch Quest Means Business on CNN and follow up global economics... Nigeria is not the only casualty... All developing countries are.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by onatisi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ola17:
sad

When are they submitting ministerial list to the senate?
This month is almost over o.
which ministerial list? Keep fooling yourself,buhari is not submitting any List to anybody .that id the reason why the FG is taking on saraki .buhari wants to use the saraki saga to buy more time ,by Monday it will be 28 or 29 and buhari will come out and say he wants the saraki saga settled before tendering his list,definitely some blind fools will still hail him.but the truth is buhari doesn't seem to be interested in working with a team for a long time. Even if he appoints ministers in October ,they will be busy with 2016 preparation which means this year is gone. When we were warning Nigerians about buhari before the elections ppl didn't listen
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by currentbrands(m): 11:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Is that all? If you don't blame the leader of a country for its financial mess whom would you blame? With all his campaign promises of dollar vs naira you're here playing offensive. Go back to your drawing board, that tactic will not work[/quote]

Oga.....give dis man PMB some time to clear up d colossal mess he inherited. PATIENCE!!
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
MrMcJay:

Do you forget the defective foundation of a house and build a storey building on it?
the defectiveness as the case may be is structural and systematic. How old are you when the same buhari was the head of state? Same man parading as a saint his part of the gang of cabal that contributed to that rot in the system. Recycled leadership remain the bane as some of you just forget this fact before making comments
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by mikolo80: 1:07am On Sep 25, 2015
PappyMason:
You elected a m0ron to lead you in this epoch era in the 21st century what do you expect the dunce to do when he can't even comprehend what all the fuss is about?
we got rid of a nincompooop
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by mikolo80: 1:08am On Sep 25, 2015
Bevista:
I repeat for the umpteenth time - PMB needs to constitute his Economic Team ASAP without further delay. Nigeria needs Fiscal Policy direction to move the economy out of the scum handed over by the PDP.

The CBN governor is constrained as to how far he can use Monetary Policies to manage the economy/Naira. A competent Finance Minister to drive Fiscal Policies is urgently needed.

The problem is much bigger than a depreciating Naira. It's about Unemployment, Over dependence on Oil, Over dependence on Exports, Poor Infrastructure, Poor local manufacturing, etc. I am desperate to hear government policies on these issues.

Times like this make you want to WAIL so loud.
you want him to rush and produce jonathan or obj kind of cabinet
be patient
sxseptember have reach
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by onatisi(m): 3:27am On Sep 25, 2015
mikolo80:
be patient
sxseptember have reach
don't worry,in the fullness of time you shall understand all the warnings ppl are given now .keep giving buhari time upon time .the reality and impact of the situation will soon fall down on Nigerians. In the mean time enjoy your sallah meat and holidays
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by donbrowser(m): 6:41am On Sep 25, 2015
Bevista:
I repeat for the umpteenth time - PMB needs to constitute his Economic Team ASAP without further delay. Nigeria needs Fiscal Policy direction to move the economy out of the scum handed over by the PDP.

The CBN governor is constrained as to how far he can use Monetary Policies to manage the economy/Naira. A competent Finance Minister to drive Fiscal Policies is urgently needed.

The problem is much bigger than a depreciating Naira. It's about Unemployment, Over dependence on Oil, Over dependence on Exports, Poor Infrastructure, Poor local manufacturing, etc. I am desperate to hear government policies on these issues.

Times like this make you want to WAIL so loud.
So we should depend more on Imports?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Bevista: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2015
donbrowser:
Thanks for pointing that out bro. I actually meant IMPORTS. My bad.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by donbrowser(m): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2015
Bevista:
Thanks for pointing that out bro. I actually meant IMPORTS. My bad.
You're welcome sir
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Slickest(m): 7:18am On Sep 25, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Ehen, please remind me. What did Buhari score in his WASC Economics again grin

We are being ruled by a certified Daurian Dullard
Oga shut up abeg, this is becoming stale!!!!
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by 400billionman: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2015
There was a Currency.

Naira will slide to N300 to a Dollar before Buhari tenure expires

Quote me.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by repogirl(f): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2015
Freemanan:

I will reply you not because your question demands a reasonable reply But because I regard you...

Please watch Quest Means Business on CNN and follow up global economics... Nigeria is not the only casualty... All developing countries are.
now the question is what are these countries doing to cushion their economy from crashing drastically?

Norway, the largest European exporter of crude reduced there interest rates to an all time low and their krone has decreased against the dollar, lemme quote from the article

Norges Bank said: “Growth prospects for the Norwegian economy have weakened. Activity in the petroleum industry is softening and the sharp fall in oil prices is likely to amplify this tendency. This will have spillover effects on the wider economy and unemployment may edge up ahead. At the same time, the krone has depreciated markedly, which is helping to dampen the effects on the Norwegian economy and underpin inflation.”

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a83b09e-811c-11e4-896c-00144feabdc0.html

Now we know Buhari is no economist and his aim is to equate the Naira to the dollar by any means necessary, but can someone please explain to him that his refusal to budge on devaluation is seriously hurting us?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by tammie24: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Young Man, the Bible says anyone who lacks wisdom should ask.

Jonathan meet dollar @144 and left it @ 222.
Recall that. When Buhari was declared the winner, dollar was trading at 208 against the naira.

Always get details before commenting so that you don't end up embarrasing your self
What stops him (Buhari) from bringing it back to the way it was instead it's increasing!
Or is Jonathan stoping that from happening?
Abegi
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2015
Bollinger:

As far as i am concerned, all the presidents/head of state in Nigeria since shagari have all being useless. You'all did not have looters; you had opportunist. The fact that you prefer one over the other shows how lost you really are.
Show me where I prefer one over the other and FYI nothing any govt do affects me as I have taken my own destiny in my own hands.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2015
400billionman:
There was a Currency.

Quote me.
If not more
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2015
donbrowser:

Is that a problem?Saudi does same.it's mismanagement that's our problem due to fraud

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2015
mikolo80:
be patient
sxseptember have reach
Let me ask you that very sane question.when or how long do you think is long enough for PMB to constitute his cabinet? ?1 yr.or 2 or 3??
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by onatisi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
erico2k2:

Let me ask you that very sane question.when or how long do you think is long enough for PMB to constitute his cabinet? ?1 yr.or 2 or 3??
the ministers list and appoint is coming in November.just wait and see.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by onatisi(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
400billionman:
There was a Currency.

Quote me.
bros by February with the way buhari is doing the naira will be close to 250 or 270.just watch
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
Freemanan:

smh... don't be dull boy...

Yes...since oil price draught... most oil dependent economies have been thrown into crisis but difference lies in how these countries react to this issue or crisis...

Nigeria since buhari came in has been worse off for it...because there's no economic team hence CBN is left to control this crisis with ONLY monetary policy because there's no economic team or minister of finance to formulate complementing fiscal policy...Kindly read up latest MPC report of CBN and be informed bro...See Jp Morgan report too...See NSE report as well...Peruse through national statistics report on jobs, unemployment, economic growth etc...don't be a dullard or allow your buhari sentiments to becloud every sense of rational reasoning...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by Bollinger(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
erico2k2:

Show me where I prefer one over the other and FYI nothing any govt do affects me as I have taken my own destiny in my own hands.

The moment you used jonathan's criticism by buhari supporters.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
onatisi:
the ministers list and appoint is coming in November.just wait and see.
U failed to answer simple question I asked so I will assume since you said November You length of tolerance is 2 months so after November you shall be vexed right?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Bollinger:

The moment you used jonathan's criticism by buhari supporters.
What you wrote there bears no sense to me I think you need to rephrase it.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by erico2k2(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
onatisi:
bros by February with the way buhari is doing the naira will be close to 250 or 270.just watch
Was that what we all thought June?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by ShowYourCertificate: 2:31am On Sep 26, 2015
Slickest:

Oga shut up abeg, this is becoming stale!!!!
You wish grin
Re: Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar by onatisi(m): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
onatisi:
what I said almost 3months ago is already happening the dollar is now 242 naira to 1$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) / Awoof Berekete Campaign Powered By Access Bank / "Success Does Not Speak English, It Speaks Money" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.