Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

7 Types Of Footballers In The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 7 Types Of Footballers In The World (993 Views)

Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / List Of Footballers That Smoke Cigarette / Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Of Footballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Footballers In The World by Menaha(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
No doubt, football is the most popular sport in the word. The fun and excitement it brings is so fascinating. To most people, it serves a center of happiness when in bad mood. According to arsene wenger, football is a game of passion, it doesn't matter whether you lose or win; you play for the joy of the game.
He's right because that's what drive most footballers today making them to try to improve in each match.
I love football so much and with the little experience, i think it'll good to state the types of footballers especially their behavior on the pitch. This list is based on my observation, you can add yours.
Here we go:
1. THE GENTLEMAN : This footballer doesn't fight. He always play cool. Even if his opponent is aggressive, he still maintains his 'gentlemanism'. You hardly see the referee blow a foul against him, talk more of booking. E.g messi, hazard, ronaldinho, ineista etc.
2. THE COMPLAINER: Before the final whistle, the referee will get more than a dozen of complains from this footballer. He complains to the extent of being booked by the referee.
3. THE DIVER: I also call this one the deciever. He pretends to be fouled by his opponent expecting a freekick or penalty to be awarded to him. He's sometimes booked by a sensible and observant referee.
4. THE INJURY PLAYER: This type of player will get injured almost every match. No season goes by without him getting injured 3 - 4 times. I don't know if they have internal sickness or they think they're playing with kids.
5. THE 'DON'T MISS THE LEG' FOOTBALLER: This one is mostly a defender. You don't think of dribbling him, if not, you're indirectly telling him to give you 6 month injury. Even if you succeed in dribbling the ball past him, you will not pass. Although some footballers have successfully dribbled him but the chances are slim. He has gotten like 15 red cards in his career and he no even send.
6. THE FIGHTER: This one is lion in human skin. If you mistakenly foul him, expect a punch, bite or headbutt. He's ready to fight at any time. He goes as far as fighting for his fouled team mates as he's the one involved. E.g suares, arturo vidal, diego costa, pepe etc
7. THE STRONG FOOTBALLER: Even if the match is played for 3 hours, this one no dey tire. He runs round the pitch for like hundred times but still got enough strength left in him. I don't know if he takes drug or what. He's always fit.
Feel free to add yours.
source: me.
Re: 7 Types Of Footballers In The World by Yehman(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
8. THE MESSIES
Re: 7 Types Of Footballers In The World by paul288yahoo(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
lol... hazard?..cool....
Re: 7 Types Of Footballers In The World by prelinctus: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Op, you tried but you should have included examples in all of them to make it more interesting. Let me help you a lil bit...
2)Rooney, Ronaldo, Neymar
3)Young, Robben, Ronaldo
4)Wilshere, Ribery, Robben
5)Lee Cattermole, Pepe, Hector Moreno
7)Di Maria, Ramsey, Valencia

Now, Op modify your list and then mention lalasticlala. Thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Osimhen - From Hawking To World Cup Goal Hunter / If You Ever Thought Of Quitting, Read This: The Making Of Jamie Verdy / BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.