Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,179 members, 7,860,235 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. (719 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted....let The Holy Month Begin / Let the truth Manifest BY Former Pastor Mathew Oyewole / Essays By Muslims - Let The Qur’an Define Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2009
I would appreciate it.
I know a number of Nairalanders also would.
Besides there is no need for it. Posts inspired by hatred and laced with insults, lead to nothing productive and cause whoever they are directed at to strengthen their resolve to oppose the poster by any means they can, and often do so with insults as well and that is how the vicious circle begins and hardly ever ends, even when the feuding members are on some other thread/board.
Lastly, I am sure,regardless of what anyone else says, that none of the religions we follow support this constant rudeness and exchanging of insults. Be polite, treat your fellow human beings with respect and civility.
To the muslims, if you are tempted, pls remember qal us-salaam from Surah Al-Furqan.
Thanks for the co-operation, everyone.

1 Like

Re: Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. by Lagosboy: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2009
This is has been my campaign here all along. To be honest many post i should contribute to i dont cos of these insults and low words. This is even a religous section and it is quite an oxymoron that we cant debate without insults and attacks to the noble prophets, God and ourselves.

Once i contribute to a thread and the response is insults and stuff i just prefer to stay away and not get dragged into the mess. Patience and self restraint is taught by all religions and we should practise it.

I must say many of the non muslims that come to this section are guilty of these and i urge them to change and lets analyse like matured minds, with that we could really enlighten each other and have meaningful religious discussions and less hate words.

1 Like

Re: Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. by noetic(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
Lagosboy:

This is has been my campaign here all along. To be honest many post i should contribute to i dont cos of these insults and low words. This is even a religous section and it is quite an oxymoron that we cant debate without insults and attacks to the noble prophets, God and ourselves.

Once i contribute to a thread and the response is insults and stuff i just prefer to stay away and not get dragged into the mess. Patience and self restraint is taught by all religions and we should practise it.

I must say many of the non muslims that come to this section are guilty of these and i urge them to change and lets analyse like matured minds, with that we could really enlighten each other and have meaningful religious discussions and less hate words.

your bias is legendary. What you have failed to understand is that it takes two to tangle.
How come some forumites are never insulted? thats because they dont insult people.

You get what u give, no one will sit back and watch u insult what they hold sacred and then let u preach about morality and decorum.
Re: Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. by mukina2: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
The thing is, when people create threads to ask their questions and instead of answers they get more questions.
and when those questions are ignored, it turns into something else.

which is why people hardly post in here nowadays, very few people can actually debate without name calling.
Re: Let The Constant Mudslinging Stop. by Lagosboy: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2009
noetic:

your bias is legendary. What you have failed to understand is that it takes two to tangle.
How come some forumites are never insulted? thats because they dont insult people.

You get what u give, no one will sit back and watch u insult what they hold sacred and then let u preach about morality and decorum.

Could you tell me just once, where i have insulted anyone here or thrown derogatory words to any prophet of God or attacked christians as a people? It would be wonderful to quote me just once.

I made reference to non muslims here because this section is supposed to be for muslims and when u guys come here i think u should all play by the rules. The muslims here dont attack each other , at least i havent come across one.

It is unfotunate this section should be about learning new things and help others grow in the deen of islam but the constant distraction and bad intenioned questions saps the energy that should be directed to more meaningful and beneficial things.

(1) (Reply)

Video: CAIR Releases Yoruba Appeal On 'innocence Of Muslims' Protests / Clinton Again Fingers Extreme Poverty As The Root Cause Of Extremism And Terror / Muslims Are Not Terrorists, Islam Is A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.