Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: (884 Views)

Whats Music Mastering? / Nigerian Music Videos With Highest Views On Youtube. / P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
hey there, just thinking to my self as i listen to my radio play songs done by our naija guys,really and truly i have nothing against the songs yer i like the beat and sometimes rytem but noting for content 0 lyrical value ,it really hurts to listen to such butifull beats and not make any sence of the whole song afterall. well this is just my thougt why dont you all coment on it. chers.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
Most nigerians are not interested in lyrics anymore but only interested in danceble or party jams.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by audio: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
asha 80:

Most nigerians are not interested in lyrics anymore but only interested in danceble or party jams.

and that is eventually what is going to kill the industry. It will be reborn, but it will crash first. You can't export a song to the rest of the world with crap lyrics and 80% of naija jams have them. Music is now a biz in Naija for both people with and without talent. It's like formula.

Make a party jam and you'll be fine. But the truth is, all the people that have truely made it, had good Lyrical content in the songs or at least better than most. P Square, 2 Face, 9ice, D'Banj etc
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
audio:

and that is eventually what is going to kill the industry. It will be reborn, but it will crash first. You can't export a song to the rest of the world with crap lyrics and 80% of naija jams have them. Music is now a biz in Naija for both people with and without talent. It's like formula.

Make a party jam and you'll be fine. But the truth is, all the people that have truely made it, had good Lyrical content in the songs or at least better than most. P Square, 2 Face, 9ice, D'Banj etc

i agree but many of them make bad music too

the only artiste i can recommend is ASHA Good music from her.

i love ELDEE before now but he go commercial with is new album BIG BOIY but still got good lyrics.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by DBanjFan: 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
Naija music so far this year, has lost what made me like it in the first place, which was music with good lyrical content i could sing-a-long to and songs that make sense.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by tosinaded(m): 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
u wnt good songs, go get them!!!
u dnt expect to hear them on radio
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 20, 2009
any way foward?
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 20, 2009
@topic

Its been garbage right from inception.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by simonseez: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
Fulukuma Fulukuma Fulukuma Fulukuma eday pain me ga ga oh
Fulukuma Fulukuma Fulukuma Fulukuma e dey pain me well well e yio
my brother yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu ya
brother yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu yankulu ya
who kill them mama oh oh na who kill dem mama ye oh!!!

dont need to tell u the song or title, sure u know it

this song is banging in the ear drums of half the country
what is he saying sef,
sickening
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
i think the only artiste we have in Nigeria Are

ASA and DAREY
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by mrmetoo1: 10:19pm On Apr 20, 2009
ActiveMan:

i think the only artiste we have in Nigeria Are

ASA and DAREY

Ok first off, we have a LOT more talented artists than those. Then IMO, I'm not all that worried of any crash of the industry whatsoever cos all these songs we have around nowadays are just a sign of how well the music industry is doing and as long as ppl still buy and enjoy that kind of music, they'll keep filling the airwaves and shelves. The good thing though is there are still a number of artists that stand out, I could mention a couple, so if one gets tired of the cookie cutter stuff out there, there are still quite a number of options to escape to.

Many people don't know what they want, they claimed 2face's album lacked party songs so many didn't even give it a chance now ppl are tired of those kinds of songs. I suggest ppl take time to listen to certain artists, sometimes good music takes time to be appreciated. We've become very lazy in listening, we just respond to beats and this in turn has made most artists lazy with their production.
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by audio: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
mr_me_too:

Ok first off, we have a LOT more talented artists than those. Then IMO, I'm not all that worried of any crash of the industry whatsoever cos all these songs we have around nowadays are just a sign of how well the music industry is doing and as long as ppl still buy and enjoy that kind of music, they'll keep filling the airwaves and shelves. The good thing though is there are still a number of artists that stand out, I could mention a couple, so if one gets tired of the cookie cutter stuff out there, there are still quite a number of options to escape to.

Many people don't know what they want, they claimed 2face's album lacked party songs so many didn't even give it a chance now ppl are tired of those kinds of songs. I suggest ppl take time to listen to certain artists, sometimes good music takes time to be appreciated. We've become very lazy in listening, we just respond to beats and this in turn has made most artists lazy with their production.

Very well said
Re: Whats Music Turning Into? Your Views: by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2009
Just like Nollywood,the nigerian music scene is descnding quickly into mediocrity.
In the early 2000s,the music was great.it was fresh to see new artistes come up with innovative and fresh material that could compete with those in the US.In hip-hop and R&B.
Today I turned on my radio while driving,and one guy was just belting out senseless vocals over incoherent and loud beat.and in my mind,i was like WTF is this?

It's really depressing.

Make no mistake;there are still the standouts.But it's now been dominated by mediocres.
Give or take a few years,we'll all be running back to the states for our music if this silly trand continues.

(1) (Reply)

Tupac Is "alive". / Kanye West New King Of Pop / 2face's Bagload Of Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.