Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid (5834 Views)

New Release: Travis Greene Fell In Love Mp3 Download / A Finnish Singer That's In Love With Nigeria And Afro Beat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Elxandre(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
You are one drama queen tongue grin

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by teemyte: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Am made of black........wizkid all the way

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 12:10am On Sep 26, 2015
morethanadoll:

This is my first time hearing of Viber. I will download it to see what it is about. You can send me your moniker so that I can try to add you when I do.

actually.. Viber uses number +2348183530115. or beta still scan the QRcode..

plus,, how can I add you on tango... I've tried everything

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 3:38am On Sep 26, 2015
Elxandre:
You are one drama queen tongue grin
I only bring the drama when others bring it to me. cool
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by aariwa(m): 5:42am On Sep 26, 2015
Richiy:

You don't know that she if she stays in Nigeria. She could pretty much be anybody with access to the Internet. Besides I disagree with a point you made. Nigerians WILL not prejudice you if you are a black America on a visit or some other visit. We are known for our incessant hospitality to foreigners especially Americans. Where you came up with that, I wouldn't know. If any Nigerian in diaspora refuses to come back to Nigeria, trust me, hospitality will never be part of their reasons.
Hospitality? LOL.Nigerians will only show you hospitality when you come back with.They care less that you are the best surgeon or engineer. The hospitality will last for a few days before they abandon you if you are not ready to shell out the dough

3 Likes

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by 2dice(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2015
Pelmet:
i actually downloaded burna boy and black magic, nice songs. oh taboo too...missed that song. thanks...good music
hmmn.. Nigeria is Bless when it comes to Musik grin
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by mablie(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
morethanadoll:

Why are you into your feelings? I'm here because: 1) I can be. Whose going to stop me? 2) I am black and can relate by simply being black. 3)There are so many amazing people here, to exclude you. 4) I plan to research and ask questions to the natives instead of listening to lies and rumors, something that you should do. Last time that I looked into the mirror, my skin is as dark as yours, sir. Your ignorance is what makes you an exact reflection of your brothers and sisters in diaspora. It is this ignorance that, sometimes, keep black Americans from visiting the country because we fear prejudices as this. You are no different from the whites in Amerca with your thinking. But then again, I wouldn't know what color your skin is because there isn't a legit profile picture. You could be oyinbo. It isn't jargon. It is proper English. I wish that I was getting paid by WizKid for this, instead of the free publicity, but that isn't my goal. I have an amazing career already and am comfortable. If I was his online PR, trust me, he would be VERY big and do VERY well in America.You should hold your head high and be PROUD that a sister is recognizing great talent from a part of the world that is too many times forgotten about. By the way, I am immersed in living in poverty, Yoruba, pig english, your terms for calling black in America 'white', eating pepper soup, GEB, etc, so I'm not dumb or blinded. Have a good day, or shall I say night, since that is what it is on your side of the world?
Unlike what many americans believe,the world does not revolve around americans and america.Wizkid got his fame and made his money via shows and endorsements in ngr.From ngr he conquered the rest of africa,parts of asia(inclusive of the mid east) and europe.Wizkid does not have to be recognized in america to make a very good living for himself.He is doing just fine in ngr.You should instead,expend your energy on helping your fellow blacks in the US with all the numerous issues afflicting them rather than concentrating on ngr and nigerians

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by mablie(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
aariwa:
Hospitality? LOL.Nigerians will only show you hospitality when you come back with.They care less that you are the best surgeon or engineer. The hospitality will last for a few days before they abandon you if you are not ready to shell out the dough
My brother,I really don't like any foreigner in ngr in whatever form or shade they come in.They are all here to exploit,ridicule and leech off us.Left to me,I would throw all of them out of ngr the way idi amin threw the indians out of uganda in the 1970s
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
mablie:
Unlike what many americans believe,the world does not revolve around americans and america.Wizkid got his fame and made his money via shows and endorsements in ngr.From ngr he conquered the rest of africa,parts of asia(inclusive of the mid east) and europe.Wizkid does not have to be recognized in america to make a very good living for himself.He is doing just fine in ngr.You should instead,expend your energy on helping your fellow blacks in the US with all the numerous issues afflicting them rather than concentrating on ngr and nigerians
It was merely sarcasm for the person who posted the comment. Many Americans do not think the world revolves around them, so don't believe the rumors. Yes, he fame started in Nigeria, but do you expect it to stay there for only the ears of Nigerians? I'm sure he wants his music to reach the world, and not only be limited to one country. Other artists from other countries have become known in America, so why can't he? The whole point of my post was to shed light on the fact that this guy is talented and is finally getting the recognition internationally that he deserves. Are you an American? Do you have any idea how hard it is to help fellow blacks in America who are struggling get it together, when every time that you say something or attempt to do something for them, it is about you being better than them? So, no. I don't extend help anymore due to those things, unless it is my family only. I was optimistic about my future and I got everything out of the mud, by wanting and receiving help from others races, not my own. The blacks who were in the position to help wouldn't help their own kind because they don't want to see you do better than them! My ancestors are from that country, so I'll continue to concentrate on it. Thanks for your advice, but no thanks. Since you are so concerned, you go and try to help those that don't want to be helped. The ones who are comfortable right where they are. Let me know how that works out for you, baby! wink
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
aariwa:
This is really sad because black surgeons and engineers are commodities! Do they have any idea what those types of people can do for not only the economy, but the people of that area? Money rules people, man.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
morethanadoll:

It was merely sarcasm for the person who posted the comment. Many Americans do not think the world revolves around them, so don't believe the rumors. Yes, his fame started in Nigeria, but do you expect it to stay there for only the ears of Nigerians? I'm sure he wants his music to reach the world, and not only be limited to one country. Other artists from other countries have become known in America, so why can't he? The whole point of my post was to shed light on the fact that this guy is talented and is finally getting the recognition internationally that he deserves. Are you an American? Do you have any idea how hard it is to help fellow blacks in America who are struggling to get it together, when every time that you say something or attempt to do something for them, it is about you being better than them? Others are very comfortable living off of their government assistance and housing because they are handed $500 in food stamps and $500 a month and they think that that is living life. So, no. I don't extend help anymore due to those things, unless it is my family only. I was optimistic about my future and I got everything out of the mud, by wanting and receiving help from other races, not my own. The blacks who were in the position to help wouldn't help their own kind because they don't want to see you do better than them! My ancestors are from that country, so I'll continue to concentrate on it. Thanks for your advice, but no thanks. Since you are so concerned, you go and try to help those that don't want to be helped. The ones who are comfortable right where they are. Let me know how that works out for you, baby! wink
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
Richiy:

You don't know that she if she stays in Nigeria. If any Nigerian in diaspora refuses to come back to Nigeria, trust me, hospitality will never be part of their reasons.
You are right. I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion, but since she didn't defend herself, I could be correct in the statement. Some of my colleagues are Nigerian and I have been giving the run down on attitudes and personalities. From their points of views, we aren't always welcomed with open arms. Their main concerns were electricity and safety. They all stated that if there was a functioning judicial system in place, that they would return immediately and used their degrees that they have earned here to do good things for the people.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by mablie(m): 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
morethanadoll:

It was merely sarcasm for the person who posted the comment. Many Americans do not think the world revolves around them, so don't believe the rumors. Yes, he fame started in Nigeria, but do you expect it to stay there for only the ears of Nigerians? I'm sure he wants his music to reach the world, and not only be limited to one country. Other artists from other countries have become known in America, so why can't he? The whole point of my post was to shed light on the fact that this guy is talented and is finally getting the recognition internationally that he deserves.
Many of the foreign music artistes who became famous in america sang in english (excluding ricky martin,enrique iglesias and marc anthony. Not surprising because america has a very large and still growing hispanic population)Wizkid doesn't really sing in english and mainstream america isn't really open minded to what is considered foreign OR wizkid music is good but since he hasn't been signed by universal,sony or warner music,his music can't be heard in the US.Demand equals supply.No demand for wizkid music in the US, no supply of wizkid music in the US

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by GIYAZZ(m): 2:13am On Sep 27, 2015
morethanadoll:

I have to be! Being black is all that I know how to be!
Stop replying unnecessary comments, angel.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by OkunrinMeta: 3:38am On Sep 27, 2015
morethanadoll, I just want to clear some misconceptions for you and for all the other foreigners that will see this page in the future.

First, Nigerians do not hate foreigners. In fact, we love you guys, especially African Americans. The problem is that the people who fill online spots like this one are the jobless, bitter and stupid ones among us. Am happy some wise guys have responded so you can ignore the exception(s). Please don't take it personal, they would give me the same shit too even though I have lived all my life in Nigeria. If you ever visit Nigeria, you will realize how hospitable we are. In fact, I get jealous sometimes of how well my people treat oyinbos lol (but really, you are one of us, not "oyinbo"). Just prepare to meet the bitter ones once in a while, its best to just ignore them. Save your energy to be nice in return to the majority that would be excited to know you.
By the way, I think you should check out this new Nigerian artist too- Adekunle gold. I have had his songs (sade and orente) on replay all day. But I don't think you will understand a word of those ones lol, but the music will introduce you to the Nigerian 'gbedu' in a way you are already familiar with. You can always come here to ask for the meaning, am sure our guys here will help you out even when am not online.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
OkunrinMeta:
morethanadoll, I just want to clear some misconceptions for you and for all the other foreigners that will see this page in the future.

First, Nigerians do not hate foreigners. In fact, we love you guys, especially African Americans. The problem is that the people who fill online spots like this one are the jobless, bitter and stupid ones among us. Am happy some wise guys have responded so you can ignore the exception(s). Please don't take it personal, they would give me the same shit too even though I have lived all my life in Nigeria. If you ever visit Nigeria, you will realize how hospitable we are. In fact, I get jealous sometimes of how well my people treat oyinbos lol (but really, you are one of us, not "oyinbo"wink. Just prepare to meet the bitter ones once in a while, its best to just ignore them. Save your energy to be nice in return to the majority that would be excited to know you.
By the way, I think you should check out this new Nigerian artist too- Adekunle gold. I have had his songs (sade and orente) on replay all day. But I don't think you will understand a word of those ones lol, but the music will introduce you to the Nigerian 'gbedu' in a way you are already familiar with. You can always come here to ask for the meaning, am sure our guys here will help you out even when am not online.
Thank you for the clarity and kindness!
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Stop replying unnecessary comments, angel.
I will do my best!
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Tonykings: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
morethanadoll:

Why are you into your feelings? I'm here because: 1) I can be. Whose going to stop me? 2) I am black and can relate by simply being black. 3)There are so many amazing people here, to exclude you. 4) I plan to research and ask questions to the natives instead of listening to lies and rumors, something that you should do. Last time that I looked into the mirror, my skin is as dark as yours, sir. Your ignorance is what makes you an exact reflection of your brothers and sisters in diaspora. It is this ignorance that, sometimes, keep black Americans from visiting the country because we fear prejudices as this. You are no different from the whites in Amerca with your thinking. But then again, I wouldn't know what color your skin is because there isn't a legit profile picture. You could be oyinbo. It isn't jargon. It is proper English. I wish that I was getting paid by WizKid for this, instead of the free publicity, but that isn't my goal. I have an amazing career already and am comfortable. If I was his online PR, trust me, he would be VERY big and do VERY well in America. You should hold your head high and be PROUD that a sister is recognizing great talent from a part of the world that is too many times forgotten about. By the way, I am immersed in living in poverty, Yoruba, pig english, your terms for calling black in America 'white', eating pepper soup, GEB, etc, so I'm not dumb or blinded. Have a good day, or shall I say night, since that is what it is on your side of the world?

Hahahahahahahahahaha......this definitely an online PR wizzy I hail thee.

Or on a second thought, probably your eyeing the job, I know the pay over there is horrible I bet you earn less than 14$ per hour... and after paying taxes and buying gas you have nothing left..... I know the rat race your stuck in.... hahhahahhhahahhhah.
Anyway good luck getting the job,you can get his manager's number online.

N.B- Not every Nigerian man is crazy for a "black-american" woman.... Get over yourself.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Cheddareto(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Forget about wizkid, go listen to my song. Am not saying he's not good, buh i can do better
https://tooxclusive.com/downloadmp3/cheddar-eto-koretti/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Michael W Smith Grace Mp3 & Lyrics / Download R City Like This Mp3 & Lyrics / Hs: Video: Waconzy – Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.