Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,804 members, 7,831,621 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede (709 Views)

Mecca Stampede: Nigeria Death Toll Rises To 64 As NAHCON Identifies More Bodies / Bilikisu-Yusuf, Nigerian Journalist Dies In The Hajj Stampede / More Photos From Mecca Stampede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede by davisx2(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pope Francis has joined other world leaders to commiserate with the Saudi Arabian authority over the stampede outside the Islamic holy city of Mecca.

An ambulance drives towards the camp city at Mina, near the holy city of Mecca September 24, 2015. REUTERS/Ahmad Masood Saudi Arabia’s civil defense directorate has said not less than 717 people have died including 3 Nigerians following a stampede in Mecca as s ome African nationals have been blamed for the stampede that left over 850 terribly injured. The incident is the worst disaster to hit the annual hajj pilgrimage in 25 years. Pope Francis who spoke at an evening prayer service at New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral expressed his “sentiments of closeness in the face of the tragedy that their people suffered today in Mecca.”

“In this moment of prayer, I unite myself with you all in prayer to God, our father, all powerful and merciful,” he added. Opposition party in Nigeria, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who has also sympathize with the Muslim Community worldwide over the incidence said it has been “grief-stricken since receiving the news of the tragic incident.” It is recalled that the Hajj season has already been marred by an unfortunate crane accident in which over 100 people were killed and dozens severely injured.

At least six Nigerians were involved in the Saudi crane incident at the Holy Mosque, Ka’aba, in Mecca on Friday, September 11. Ahmed Umar, Nigeria’s consul-general to Saudi Arabia, said the dead pilgrims were buried in a “specially designated cemetery’’ in Mecca.

Re: Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede by resty4(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Roman Catholic is senior brother 2 islam.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede by davisx2(m): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
resty4:

Dats so untrue; m not a muslim buh i believe evry1 is entitled to his or her believes n me believing in Jesus doesn't mean i superior to my islamic brodaz n sistaz
Re: Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede by plappville(f): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
resty4:

True talk...

1 Like

Re: Pope Speaks On Mecca Stampede by plappville(f): 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
The Pope, to me He is just like an ordinary man walking in the street. Not that super star like people out there tk him. My super star is J.E.S.U.S.

(1) (Reply)

What Famous Non-muslims Said About Islam And Prophet Muhammad PBUH / A Vision About Rapture: Are You Ready For The Rapture? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/02/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.