Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play (1362 Views)

Battery Maintenance Phone Manufacturers Won't Let You Know / Phone Manufacturers That You Hate / Must Read!! Open Letter To All Android Phone Manufacturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by benega: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
Have you noticed that the screens of most of these high end phones that claim gorilla glass especially with our Asian phone manufacturers e.g infinix shatter on slightest impact with ground whereas the lower end models with "monkey" screen never seem to break? It is clearly a technique to keep us spending money. Thank God i discovered this early and curbed my appetite for 5.5" phones (mainly by killing my game addiction). Now I've been happily flexing my 13k lenovo y3 4 months despite countless falls, even a 4 storey drop. Life is sweet wink

4 Likes

Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Youngsage: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Cool story, bro
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Whizpeter(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nice nollywood script!

1 Like

Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by guydangerous(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
Just tell us you want to advertise the phone
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by guydangerous(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Whizpeter:
Nice nollywood script!
no be small nollywood script,lol
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Richiy(f): 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
So because of this you opened a thread?
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Donsammi(m): 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
ABUSE OF INTERNET.......

3 Likes

Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by WailingWailer00(m): 7:38am On Sep 26, 2015
I love my galaxy s4
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Bratking(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2015
No smartphone made by Infinix Mobility is in the high end category, so don't expect a CHEAP mid-ranger to have real high end features like gorilla glass etal - some Smartphone manufacturers like Infinix mobility & Gionee would claim their smartphones do but it's rarely ever the case in practice.

As for REAL high enders outfitted with gorilla glass 3 and 4, most often than not, their screens are difficult to break. I have a GS5, which has taken a tumble on numerous occasions with nary a scratch.
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2015
Gorilla Glass is meant to be mainly scratch-resistant, which it performs wonderfully well.
They're working on the impact resistant feature, it was greatly improved in GG4 last year.
GG5 should be much better.

Also, you don't buy a Chinese piece of trash and expect it to perform as well as high end devices, you get what you pay for. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Ryanxu: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2015
gionee M5 use d Gorilla Glass3
Karmanaut:
Gorilla Glass is meant to be mainly scratch-resistant, which it performs wonderfully well.
They're working on the impact resistant feature, it was greatly improved in GG4 last year.
GG5 should be much better.

Also, you don't buy a Chinese piece of trash and expect it to perform as well as high end devices, you get what you pay for. undecided
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by okitikpo: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2015
Op by the way, if I may ask how come you kept on throwing your phones on the ground countless number of time, are you that careless or you take your phone to be short put?

I have used my device more than you do and I can't remember if it has ever touched the floor before.

Keep on d throwing your phone on the floor and keep on thinking that Gorilla glass will safe it when it receives a damaging impact

1 Like

Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
Ryanxu:
gionee M5 use d Gorilla Glass3
Is it really scratch-resistant? It's one thing to be written on paper, it's another to be actually implemented.
Re: The Trick Phone Manufacturers Play by akindayo12(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
okay thanks

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming The New Samsung Galaxy A7 With 3GB RAM / Infinix Hot Note 2 Update Problem / Htc Herm200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.