Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live (2435 Views)

Why Are Most Upcoming Naija Artistes Wack / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / 5 Most Commonly Abused/over-used Words By Naija Artistes In Their Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by saltoftheearth: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Drama......everyday, all day in my home country Naija. And that's what we deliver for your entertainment and information on this blog.

If you are a follower of Naija music, you will know most of the music artistes depend so much on the producer/mixing engineer to make them sound good. All you need to do is go to a show headlined by some of the major celebs and you will see lip syncing and off key shouting at its worst. Yet my people pay in the thousands and millions to attend such mediocre shows. Gospel artistes tend to be more professional at their shows and with better voices though.

Why we are so blinded to this unprofessional act and rip off from naija artistes is a gist for another day. Today, i present to you top 5 Nigerian artistes that can only lip sync at shows or make noise on top of the played studio production.

1. Kcee- If you don't believe me, go and hear him in the african artistes version of "we are the world". From okpekete to limpopo and hakuna matata , Kcee seems to have discovered a pattern for naming his songs which attracts the average music lover. And of course, he has money to pay the best producers for a voice lift. Hearing him live on stage however is another "matata".

2. Mo cheddah- This lady sings through her nose and from her throat. She sounds flat even with all the studio effects and very fond of singing in low keys which i believe works for her. Mo cheddah would do a lot better with voice training from the likes of Naomi classik.

3. Davido- This one is either drunk, shouting or jumping from rod to pole at his shows. A good composer if he is the one that writes his songs but the voice just does not cut when performing live.

4. Dbanj- After leaving his protector and producer Don Jazzy, Dbanj's musical flaws became more obvious. His only recent success since "Oliver Twist" is the song with Akon called "Feeling the nigger". This song was made more interesting because of Akon's inputs. And what the heck is "the nigga dey paya paya". Dbanj also does more of shouting on the music than singing on key at his shows. His embarrassing outing at the nations cup a few years back is available on youtube if you don't believe me. We were feeling the nigger until he went offfffff key....o ga o. However, Dbanj makes up for what he does not have in the voice with dance and entertainment on stage.

5. D Prince- He is brother to one of the most talented producers that liveth. The way Don Jazzy transforms even the worst of voices on his production is simply amazing. D prince's songs are more of a show of auto tunes than talent. He is the last on our list and i simply look forward to hearing an impressive live performance from the goody bag man.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
totally agree with no 3
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by rotexteymie(f): 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Number 3 and 5 grin grin
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by Richiy(f): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2015
Yet, this brand of music has come to stay in Nigeria despite its innumerable shortfalls.
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by mhizpeaarl(f): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2015
rotexteymie:
Number 3 and 5 grin grin
seconded
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2015
Tonight, I will not judge; but come daybreak, I judge like Judge Dredd on steroids. Hehe
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by mercielizzie(f): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2015
On point. They ain't the only ones tho.
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by somadinho10: 1:00am On Sep 26, 2015
You need to see art quake perform angry
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by BrightEye(m): 1:12am On Sep 26, 2015
Dnt know what ppl see in nigerian music......though we have ppl like banky w, Jeremiah giang, Asa and nice rappers like MI, mode9 etc, who can represent us internationally. But unfortunately we celebrate those lousy artists morethan the decent ones...

That Davido though.....!
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by focus360ng: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Obaflow Thanks Fans After Dropin His New Single Title EFIMILE Under FOCUS RECORDS

As a CEO of Focus Records, I feel alright over Royal Crash criticism because it’s normal for every trending artiste to be criticise and who ever has not been through this phase is probably not getting it right.

On behalf of Focus Records, we continuously strive and believe in satisfying our fans and supporters; by dishing out good music through our Artiste- Obaflow.

I, Adesanmi Oluwafemi ( Mr. Fresh ) sincerely thank everyone who in one way or the other got hold of our artiste – Obaflow's latest released single titled “EFIMILE” which came as a good follow-up to his mega breakthrough singles “Royal Crash & Gbami”.

We are pretty much aware of the fact that 2 (%) percent of our fans are not too satisfied with our Artiste latest work, in as much as 98 (%) percent of our fans still love the song and appreciate it as what was being demanded for.

We have seen several reviews and heard all your comments via different platforms, and would like to openly state that YOU ARE ALL CELEBRATED. Trust me, The criticism from some of our Fans all over the world, will definitely be used to our advantage and make us get better in our field by the day.

Hence, we take responsibility and empathise with the 2 (%) percent of Obaflow's fans that might be indifferent towards his latest effort “Efimile” we are optimistic about our Sixth-coming projects and products, all for your listening pleasure.

You Can download all our Track from www.focusrecords.net or any other platform

For any bookings, Inquiries, performances, appearances, and Sponsorship etc,anything professional at all, please E-mail us: focusrecordsng@gmail.com OR 08107448254 Thank you.

What do you have to Say about this? Drop your comment.
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by Chidexter(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hahahaha. Niger dey paya paya..... Lol

i agree mostly with 1 and 3.

Even Wizkid should be on the list.
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by psalmuelwater(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Add p-square to your list.
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by dammiecool(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2015
psalmuelwater:
Add p-square to your list.
Infact almost all naija artiste
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by ty4bola(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
Away from the booty-twerking, booze-displaying songs, this is definitely an artiste/song to watch out for & listen to: https:///1FAWM8S

Guys, give it a go and thank me later! smiley smiley
Re: Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live by danakins(m): 3:31am On Sep 30, 2015
1,3 and 5 but must u ppl put donjazzy in anything u ppl say abt d'banj

Whether u like it or not still grinding hard. Non of the marvins can take donjazzy where d'banj has taken him too.
So ppl u stop all this sh*t u write

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

047 – Wen’ungowam Album Zip / 20 Best Nigerian Albums Of The 21st Century / Music : Rudeboy – “reason With Me” (prod. By Lordsky)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.