Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ethnic And Religious Hatred On Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ethnic And Religious Hatred On Nairaland. (446 Views)

EXPOSED! Fani-kayode Reveals Buhari’s Hatred For Igbos, Christians / Nairaland Has Become A Den Of Hatred / Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ethnic And Religious Hatred On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or
wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

3. Don't THREATEN, advocate, or encourage violent acts
against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group.

The above are some of the 21 rules to observe and abide by before posting any topic or comment on Nairaland, and I assume most of us are familiar with them and often times tend to adhere to the rules. But a greater number of Nairalanders hardly take cognizance of these rules before lambasting others whose opinion on issues tend to be discordant with theirs.

This hatred for each other is most visible from my observations on political, religious and crime posts. Thus most posts on such sections get the most number of views not that Nairalanders clicked on the post to fully comprehend what happened but just to check the religion or name of the person/culprit and ultimately abuse the ethnic or religious group such a person hails from. Name Checkers Association of Nairaland. This is really absurd bearing in mind that everything we post here is open to the view of the world and interpretation in their standards.

So sad, so sad, very sad.

The social media is really doing a good job in strengthening our differences and even greater thanks to some media houses which have ethnic undertones to some of their reports which are posted here.

I grew up to understand that Nigerians don't love each other politically, religious wise and by ethnic inclinations. There is no such thing as national love, patriotism etc even among our politicians. No wonder they are quick to throw punches among each other in their legislative chambers.
Would you repeatedly punch someone you are said to love? I wouldn't do that. Mind you don't compare this with marriage.

It has always been about where you are from, what you believe in and what you support politically.
Unfortunately even politics is based on ethnic ideology and not political ideology. Eg Power must return to the............ You know the conclusion. But our father's from different ethnic groups have managed to get by these years with respect and recognition for each other. Sadly this is not the same with this generation.

Well I am not urging anyone to stop the insult and abuse of another's ethnic group or religion because I believe we are all reasonable to do the right things, but when what seems right to you is abhorred by 99% of others then I think you should examine the paths you have taken so far.

I am from a place the President called 5%. Nwa for Igbo to the core but I respect other people from elsewhere because it's not my making that I was borne Igbo.

As I round up, let's look at rule number 3. Don't THREATEN, advocate, or encourage violent acts
against_,_,_, animals,_. On the animal part. That time post about snakes been killed in one celebrity's house, school hostel or the likes you to make front page. Is Nairaland not advocating violence against snakes......... Lols.... I am not a snake right activist oo.... Just an observation.....

Have a Bubelicious and Wilsonic weekend.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Suspends Workers’ Overtime Allowance / [corporate Action] Guaranty Trust Bank Declares N75 Billion Profit After Tax For / Wonderful Piece For The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.