Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. (1893 Views)

(only Medical Doctor Should Come In) / 12 Pointers You Might Have Heart Disease. Any Of These? See A Doctor ASAP / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 2:49am On Sep 27, 2015
Good morning doctor, my brother is very ill, he had a fracture in his leg which has refused to heal for over a year now. day before yesterday he went to one of our sister's house who happend to be a nurse to make some complains about his back and she gave him some injections( I think for pain relieve) ever since he took the injection he could not move his legs or body again. Please someone should help us he is becoming a vegetable some one should help us please
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by bigtt76(f): 5:23am On Sep 27, 2015
You've not told us if your brother been taken to the hospital since the fracture occurred. Non-healing of wounds or fractures may have been as a result of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes or genetical conditions. These needs to be checked.

As regards your sister injecting him, it's wrong and she may have struck one of the nerves resulting in the partial paralysis he's facing now.

Bottomline..... go to a good hospital and have him properly checked.

NOTE
Nairaland is not a hospital and should not be substituted for one despite all the advise we may give.

Walexz02:
Good morning doctor, my brother is very ill, he had a fracture in his leg which has refused to heal for over a year now. day before yesterday he went to one of our sister's house who happend to be a nurse to make some complains about his back and she gave him some injections( I think for pain relieve) ever since he took the injection he could not move his legs or body again. Please someone should help us he is becoming a vegetable some one should help us please

4 Likes

Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2015
bigtt76:
You've not told us if your brother been taken to the hospital since the fracture occurred. Non-healing of wounds or fractures may have been as a result of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes or genetical conditions. These needs to be checked.

As regards your sister injecting him, it's wrong and she may have struck one of the nerves resulting in the partial paralysis he's facing now.

Bottomline..... go to a good hospital and have him properly checked.

NOTE
Nairaland is not a hospital and should not be substituted for one despite all the advise we may give.

Thank you sis. He is now in hospital, but his legs... He still can't move them hinself cry
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by bigtt76(f): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2015
God will heal him in Jesus Name. Amen. He might need strong physiotherapy sessions to regain back the use of his legs. Let hope not die.

Walexz02:

Thank you sis. He is now in hospital, but his legs... He still can't move them hinself cry
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
bigtt76:
God will heal him in Jesus Name. Amen. He might need strong physiotherapy sessions to regain back the use of his legs. Let hope not die.

Thank you maam ... I will go see him in Oyo tomorrow. God's willing
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2015
bigtt76:

Thank you bigtt, we later took him to Uch ibadan, and we have been here since october.. They said he has chronic oesteomalyetis. We have spent a lot of money doing tests and buying drugs cry we are down now Sis. They recently asked us to go do another MRI test which cost a lot of money like 93k to ascertain whether he would be needing surgery or not. I have abandoned my final year project in school because of this cry
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by olasmith10(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Walexz02:

Thank you bigtt, we later took him to Uch ibadan, and we have been here since october.. They said he has chronic oesteomalyetis. We have spent a lot of money doing tests and buying drugs cry we are down now Sis. They recently asked us to go do another MRI test which cost a lot of money like 93k to ascertain whether he would be needing surgery or not. I have abandoned my final year project in school because of this cry

its well sister..God ll certainly come to your aid..MRI at Me-cure diagnostic Lagos is within 80k-85k all d best
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
olasmith10:

its well sister..God ll certainly come to your aid..MRI at Me-cure diagnostic Lagos is within 80k-85k all d best
They said it's MRI And chest scan or so... I am finding a way of contacting Nairaland Tehn group may be thwart can help us but I am finding it difficult. We really need help cry
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by ChelseaDr(m): 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Walexz02:

It is really sad if you were told he had Chronic osteomyelitis...I really feel for him....sad news. I think you people did not go to a good hospital at the initial stage of the fracture because if you had gone to UCH Ibadan when he had the fracture he would have been fine by now.

Chronic osteomyelitis is a serious complication of open fracture that was poorly treated and unfortunately MRI is not for treatment it will show the extent of involvement and damage done and then you prepare for a very long duration of palliative care.

I wish him well while l ask we also pray for him because with God all things are possible including CURE for chronic osteomyelitis. Peace!!
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by olasmith10(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
Walexz02:

They said it's MRI And chest scan or so... I am finding a way of contacting Nairaland Tehn group may be thwart can help us but I am finding it difficult. We really need help cry

Tell your doctor to refer you to me-cure diagnostics, Lagos.. both MRI and chest scan are done within a twinkle of an eye der.. I sincerely wish ur brother a speedy recovery!!!
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
ChelseaDr:

It is really sad if you were told he had Chronic osteomyelitis...I really feel for him....sad news. I think you people did not go to a good hospital at the initial stage of the fracture because if you had gone to UCH Ibadan when he had the fracture he would have been fine by now.

Chronic osteomyelitis is a serious complication of open fracture that was poorly treated and unfortunately MRI is not for treatment it will show the extent of involvement and damage done and then you prepare for a very long duration of palliative care.

I wish him well while l ask we also pray for him because with God all things are possible including CURE for chronic osteomyelitis. Peace!!
Thanks bro, you are correct, he treated the fracture poorly for almost a year taking hard drugs to surpress pain. We have done MRI before and they suggested that he would be needing surgery, now they want us to go and do another MRI
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
olasmith10:

Tell your doctor to refer you to me-cure diagnostics, Lagos.. both MRI and chest scan are done within a twinkle of an eye der.. I sincerely wish ur brother a speedy recovery!!!
We are in ibadan and our patient can not walk or sit bro..
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by ChelseaDr(m): 5:42am On Nov 26, 2015
Walexz02:

Thanks bro, you are correct, he treated the fracture poorly for almost a year taking hard drugs to surpress pain. We have done MRI before and they suggested that he would be needing surgery, now they want us to go and do another MRI

Miracles still happen! PEACE!!
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by dunhill20: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2015
when I try to help people in this forum, they think I want to sell them something. since you have been to the hospital and all to no avail, why not try something else. I can help because iv been helping people who HV been to hospitals for ailment that they see no improvement.
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Walexz02(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2015
dunhill20:
when I try to help people in this forum, they think I want to sell them something. since you have been to the hospital and all to no avail, why not try something else. I can help because iv been helping people who HV been to hospitals for ailment that they see no improvement.
How can you help us bro.. Thank you
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2015
olasmith10:

bigtt's explanation sums it all up.
Op raised an issue with funding. If you factor in the logistic and financial implication of transporting a bedridden patient from Ibadan to Lagos and back, it would be more than the 10 -15k difference you're trying to cut. Again, it's better to do the requested investigations at the requesting institution (except they don't have the facilities) cos their radiologists know what the surgeons are looking out for and how to report to the taste of the surgeons. It wouldn't be funny if the scan is rejected for not being detailed enough
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by olasmith10(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2015
olrotimi:

bigtt's explanation sums it all up.
Op raised an issue with funding. If you factor in the logistic and financial implication of transporting a bedridden patient from Ibadan to Lagos and back, it would be more than the 10 -15k difference you're trying to cut. Again, it's better to do the requested investigations at the requesting institution (except they don't have the facilities) cos their radiologists know what the surgeons are looking out for and how to report to the taste of the surgeons. It wouldn't be funny if the scan is rejected for not being detailed enough

I said me-cure diagnostics cos MRI over der is 78k compared to the over 90+ she said.
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 27, 2015
olasmith10:

I said me-cure diagnostics cos MRI over der is 78k compared to the over 90+ she said.
factor in the cost of taking an ambulance from Ibadan to Lagos and back to Ibadan, plus the ambulance nurse and tell me if it's worth the 12k difference. I believe the issue we should be tackling is how the op can raise money for the scan. Even if the scan is 50k, he can't still afford it, so what are we talking about?
Re: A Doctor Should Oplease Help Us. by olasmith10(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
olrotimi:

factor in the cost of taking an ambulance from Ibadan to Lagos and back to Ibadan, plus the ambulance nurse and tell me if it's worth the 12k difference. I believe the issue we should be tackling is how the op can raise money for the scan. Even if the scan is 50k, he can't still afford it, so what are we talking about?

well if the clinic has the facilities, I agree with u on dat..cos as u have pointed, considering ambulance fees and oda miscellaneous fees will definitely make IB a probable location..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Healing Benefits Of Spider Webs / COVID19: Story of Patient Who Escaped from An Isolation Centre And Died In LUTH / Fertility Issues...doctors In The House , Help Me Interpret This Test Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.