Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

Samsung Smart Fridge Opens Gmail Login To Hack - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Samsung Smart Fridge Opens Gmail Login To Hack (418 Views)

Bulk Gmail Login For Sale. / Please Help! I Can't Login To My Wordpress Dashboard (wp-admin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Smart Fridge Opens Gmail Login To Hack by ib22003(m): 12:07am On Sep 28, 2015
At the recent DEF CON hacking conference penetration testers demonstrated that Samsung smart fridge leaves Gmail logins open to attack.

Once again Internet of Things raises security concerns, this time security researchers have discovered a way to steal users’ Gmail credentials from a Samsung smart fridge.

At the recent DEF CON hacking conference, they presented a way to run a MiTM (man-in-the-middle) attack to steal the precious credentials. The experts hacked the RF28HMELBSR smart fridge manufactured by Samsung, the device is one of the Smart Home appliances commercialized by the company.

“The internet-connected fridge is designed to display Gmail Calendar information on its display,” explained Ken Munro, a security researcher at Pen Test Partners. “It appears to work the same way that any device running a Gmail calendar does. A logged-in user/owner of the calendar makes updates and those changes are then seen on any device that a user can view the calendar on.”
Read the rest at the source
http://www.deflateurl.com/WdijK

(1) (Reply)

Blogging; What Is The Name Of Your Blog And Why ? / I Nid Nigeria Non Hosted Google Adsense Account Any Up For Sale / How To Verfy Your Site In Alexa To Get Info About Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.