Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. (1526 Views)

Wolverine / What Do U Feel Bout Dis Art Work/drawing( Wolverine) / Fast Five Is 'top Pirated Film Of 2011' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by xothermik(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2009
hey guys has any of you seen the new x men movie. im talkin bout the wolverine story. nope not the original copy or at a movie theatre im talkin bout the pirated copy that has been making the rounds.got mine from a friend who wasnt too graphically astute and was wonderin why some of the effects in a lot of the action scenes(and they were many) looked crappy.thot id check it out and almost started wonderin too when i realized it was actually a copy for c.g reviewers and enthusiasts. it was like a c.g breakdown version. for instance there was a part where wolverine almost fell to his death and was caught by the arm and rescued by his evil brother. the ropes were clearly there for all to see as was the case in many scenes. where the tower exploded was practiaclly an untextured tower straight out of a 3d app.there were wire framed and untextured composited elements everywhere the same was true for many scenes. i was almost annoyed at first but men now i will have to watch it like 7 times because there's too many answers to the tricks in the movies. some scenes dint have their background tracked and in some you could even see the + marks on the green screen which did not key out and to be used in tracking the camera solve. even many of the effects like fog or the 3d models used in the scene were lowest quality renders like the choppers and the island prison. actually gonna start lookin for more of these movie breakdowns its really educatin. by the way can you believe the mutants even came to lagos and went to one village and even spoke igbo shocked (probably just another movie set in hawaii jus like in tears of the sun) i enjoyed the movie sha.
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by OKX(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2009
yeah. seen it.
it isn't a copy 4 reviewers tho, its an unfinished copy that was smuggled outta the studios and posted online.

the studios were crazy mad, the movie had over 100,000 downloads that day and the number is obviously still rising. CNN had a coverage on it.
20th century fox are still set for the 1st of May release date, the good thing is that even the pirates gave good reviews and most everyone expressed an intent to still watch the real, fully rendered version - so maybe it was good publicity in a way, afterall!

and yeah, it did reveal a few tips!
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by slimworks: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2009
it was when they touched down in lagos the pirates moved it, lol
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by iice(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
OKX:

it isn't a copy 4 reviewers tho, its an unfinished copy that was smuggled outta the studios and posted online.

Unfinished as in unedited.
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by tallnaijaf: 1:37am On Apr 19, 2009
@poster, u very late. that movie was out about a month now.

iice:

Unfinished as in unedited.

dear leather, wrinkly skinned granma
shouldn't be busy mustering up some juice
for our common interest? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by Whalewale(m): 2:01am On Apr 19, 2009
ive seen it also, I think it was the Naija guy that they brought in the movie crew that smuggled the unfinished version
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by OKX(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2009
@ iice
unfinished as in-
the studios said most of the CG scenes hadn't been fully rendered, the sound effects were not complete and most visual effects hadn't been added.

yeah, the ibo speaking scene was hilarious. i wonder why the white chap wasn't coached to speak the language too. he just babbled gibberish.

@ tallnaija.
proficiency in acquiring pirated movies aint a plus u know! grin
just kidding- it was online afterall.
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by Bonjeh: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2009
Yes I saw it too and it was very revealing, it was just like one copy of the hulk that came out in 2003 that hadn't been completed. It helped me to appreciate the creative and technical process. Could someone please post the link to the CNN coverage?
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by osasp(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2009
yh i saw it too. a paper here covered it.they really went furious.the owners of 'the pirate bay' website were locked up. i dont know if it was because of the movie but i saw it in the same story.they also made reference to the hulk movie someone above me mentioned.it makes you appreciate the art anyway.was funny to see how cyclops{cant remember his name but he was very young in this movie)shot out the place towards the end end the whole environment switched to a badly rendered 3d destruction of the building.all in all, i will be going to see it soon when i have the time cos it did arouse my interest.
Re: Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. by codename47(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2009
nice one, just saw the original movie recently in d cinemas, twas cool.
i've not seen this making/pirated version sha, i will love to see it, use some cg eye to analyse it, though some scenes were pretty obvious.
In all, the movie was worth it. Kudos to them,

(1) (Reply)

The Best Graphic Software. / Where Can I Print On T-shirts? / A Mali Fan Crying After Selling House To Watch Nigeria Vs Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.