Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments (672 Views)

Cavani Rejects £880k PSG Bonus To Pass On Penalty Duties To Neymar / Tyronne Ebuehi Rejects Nigeria's Invite / Amunike, Gaurdiola And Mourinho In The Same Picture. A Blast From The Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments by Moh4newsafrica(f): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2015
Arsene Wenger has rejected Jose Mourinho’s claims that he is treated as a “king” and is in a “privileged” position as manager of Arsenal.

Speaking on Friday, Chelsea boss Mourinho said “only one manager is not under pressure” in England in comments clearly alluding to managerial rival Wenger.

Mourinho refused to name names, but added: “He can speak about the referees before the game, can speak about the referees after the game, can push people in the technical area, can cry in the morning, can cry in the afternoon, nothing happens. Can be not achieved, keep the job, still the king. It’s a privilege.”

After watching his side breeze past Leicester with a 5-2 victory, Wenger rejected such claims when asked if he feels like a “king” at the Emirates Stadium: “No, I feel I have just done my job with the team and for our fans. That’s what you want.

“Honestly I’m not too much concerned about the other results. Thirty years in football now, and I know that what is important is to play football well.”

When asked if he believed he got away with everything as Mourinho hinted, Wenger responded: “No, I didn’t realise that, I must say.”

The victory against previously unbeaten Leicester saw Arsenal double their league goals tally for the season for the previous six games, and with a home game against league leaders Manchester United on Sunday, Wenger admitted that the title race is now wide open as Chelsea and Manchester City continue to struggle.

“Two weeks ago, you could say one team were going to run away with it and now it’s tight again,” Wenger said. “You have to be consistent. That’s what we focus on. I feel that the quality of our game is getting better, week by week, and overall we are finding the level that we had shown at the end of last season.

“We came to Leicester, who had not lost a game this season, and the fact that we could win in a convincing way is of course good for our confidence as well.”

read more here<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2015/09/wenger-rejects-mourinho-king-comments/
Re: Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments by Ossyego: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Molihor u and wenger is not in the same level can u just leave the man alone and focus on ur ferior as manager wenger don't need u shout ur month for ones every where u enter people hate u why u don't have family that can advise u I think ur wife she is not normal too if she is I believe she could have don that since

2 Likes

Re: Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments by khalifanino: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2015
The guy above mi dn high on oshogbo weed
Re: Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments by haffaze777(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2015
khalifanino:
The guy above mi dn high on oshogbo weed

he is d definition of slowpoke
Re: Wenger Rejects Mourinho ‘king’ Comments by M4gunners: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2015
Mourinho is a disgrace to ftball.

(1) (Reply)

Surebet247 / Do Barcelona Still Need Messi? End Of Messi's Reign at Barca? / James Vardy Receives Guinness World Records Certificate For His Goal Scoring Rec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.