Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) (749 Views)

Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God / Nigerian Hajj Stampede Victim In Critical Condition At Saudi Hospital [photo] / Bilikisu-Yusuf, Nigerian Journalist Dies In The Hajj Stampede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by lezz(m): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Morocco: 87 (media reports)
Egypt: 55
Niger: 22
Cameroon: 21
Ivory Coast: 14
Chad: 11
Somalia: 8 (media reports)
Algeria: 8
Senegal: 5
Libya: 4
Tanzania: 4
Kenya: 3
Burkina Faso: 1 (Muslim association report)
Burundi: 1
Tunisia: 1
Nigeria: 54

It was the deadliest incident to hit the Hajj in 25 years.
At least 769 pilgrims died in the crush, more than 200 of whom are believed to be from Africa.
The crush appears to have been caused when pilgrims converged at a junction in Mina, near Mecca, in Saudi Arabia on Thursday morning.
The pilgrims were taking part in the Hajj's last major rite - throwing stone at pillars called Jamarat, where Satan is believed to have tempted the Prophet Abraham.

The chairman of Nigeria's National Hajj Commission Abdullahi Mukhtar confirmed the numbers but said some pilgrims were missing, meaning the final death toll could rise.

The nationality with the highest number of deaths, with at least 140 dead, is Iran.

Source: The BBC
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by Unsad(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Morroco =Morrideaths.
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by mowah: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sad news, buh, I don't understand the idea of stoning the devil. Is that where he stays ?

2 Likes

Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by skondo09(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
rip2ddead
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by EARN: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2015
@Mowa...

It is a symbolic Place for where the Devil met Abraham and his family.

Muslims Hajj are rituals aim at re-living the life experience of Abraham (Prophet Ibrahim), whom God gave the Title "Father of all Nations" for his firm believe and commitments to God. One of Abraham's greatest test was his dream that he sacrificed his Son. Because then, Dreams where means of inspiration from God , he set forth to put the command of sacrificing his only son. On his way to the intended slaughter sight.

The devil appeared to him in form of an old man, advising him against sacrificing his son, reminding him of the long years he waited before he finally got his son, Abraham because of his will and faith, sought refuge from God against the devil and stoned him.

The Devil went on separately to his wife and son and they both also did same thing; stoning the devil, those places where the devil was stoned by each one of them, are now where symbolic structures are erected. Called the JAMARAT in Arabic

Muslims as part of Hajj Rites pass through those sites and re-enact the stoning as a mark of them denouncing the devil in their entity and life..
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
mowah:
Sad news, buh, I don't understand the idea of stoning the devil. Is that where he stays ?
When primitive people are out of ideas they look for ways to be relevant and that is the reason for Hajj stone wall and symbolizing it as Satan! Satan stoning my f**King butt!
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 16, 2016
May I reach hajj 3 times.... Once for my mother, once for my father and one for me. Amen.

*please don't quote me*
Re: African Deaths By Hajj Stampede (by Country ) by Ovacoma: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
EARN:
@Mowa...

It is a symbolic Place for where the Devil met Abraham and his family.

Muslims Hajj are rituals aim at re-living the life experience of Abraham (Prophet Ibrahim), whom God gave the Title "Father of all Nations" for his firm believe and commitments to God. One of Abraham's greatest test was his dream that he sacrificed his Son. Because then, Dreams where means of inspiration from God , he set forth to put the command of sacrificing his only son. On his way to the intended slaughter sight.

The devil appeared to him in form of an old man, advising him against sacrificing his son, reminding him of the long years he waited before he finally got his son, Abraham because of his will and faith, sought refuge from God against the devil and stoned him.

The Devil went on separately to his wife and son and they both also did same thing; stoning the devil, those places where the devil was stoned by each one of them, are now where symbolic structures are erected. Called the JAMARAT in Arabic

Muslims as part of Hajj Rites pass through those sites and re-enact the stoning as a mark of them denouncing the devil in their entity and life..

what is the name of the Abraham son?

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? / . / The Glorious Vessel: Pastor Wale Adegboyega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.