Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Spiritual Highs: Real Or Counterfeit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Highs: Real Or Counterfeit? (391 Views)

Are You A REAL Or FAKE Student Of The University Of Heaven? / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} / The Purpose Of Spiritual Highs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Highs: Real Or Counterfeit? by yommyuk: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
God gives us high spiritual experiences in order to reveal truth about Himself. But how do you know if your experience is authentic or not? Any spiritual event that magnifies itself or some other activity but does not direct your attention to God is, more than likely, counterfeit. When God lifts us up, He does so to focus our thoughts on Him.

That’s what happened at the Mount of Transfiguration: As they stood in the presence of God in human flesh, Peter, James, and John saw Jesus in all His majesty. Observing Him there with Moses and Elijah, who were deceased, the disciples realized there is life after death. The things they learned frightened them, but the Lord was revealing something they would never forget.

Why does God open our hearts and give us glimpses of Himself? By doing so, He strengthens and motivates us for His purposes. At the same time, He helps us to absorb understanding that will transcend any future doubt. Peter and his companions were never the same after the transfiguration. Even when their beloved Lord was taken and crucified, nothing could erase their indelible memories of the miracle they’d witnessed.

The idea that God is somewhere far away from us isn’t scriptural. He wants to unveil Himself to His people and commune through His Holy Spirit. If you have never heard God speak, could it be that there is too much noise in your life distracting you from Him? Next time you are in church, don’t simply go through the motions. God wants to say something to you that will make a difference in your life. If you listen to Him, He will.

Luke 10:21-22
At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, "I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."

2 Peter 1:16-18
For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain

Luke 2:9
And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear.

MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO MANIFEST HIS GLORY IN OUR LIFE IN JESUS NAME – AMEN

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Is The Key&the Spiritual Truth U Must Know>be Wise / A Word From GOD / Your Phone Is About To Ring For Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.