Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Our Culture Towards Collecting Change(naira/kobo) In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our Culture Towards Collecting Change(naira/kobo) In Nigeria (457 Views)

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Culture Towards Collecting Change(naira/kobo) In Nigeria by demoxyl(m): 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
I discovered we have a horrible attitude towards collecting change after purchasing an item or paying for a service in this part of the world, I don't really get why we do it.
On ma way to work, I wanted to board a BRT going to CMS because I work on the island, the ticketting lady told me she didnt have change, so i was compelled to buy the smallest amount of re-charge cards to assist me in getting the ticket for my journey. I got mtn#100,airtel#100, was given a change of #800 naira and yet the ticketting lady said she doesnt have #30 naira. I forfeited that and hopped on the next available BRT that came along as the rains started.
Fine, loaded the credit on ma phones in the BUS, alighted and got to my office. My mum called, I decline her call and called back ASAP, recall I bought only airtel#100. I believe calling with the same network should avail me @least 9mins call, during our conversation I got a notification from the network my credit is getting exhausted as i have only 1min remaining, i concluded my call with her and called the customer service of airtel.
Told them exactly what happened and enquired what exactly happened, was told i have activated an sms chat service, i was shocked as I don't have such on the nokia touchlight phone i dug outta my archives as my bbm crashed. All she said was shes sorry and the money cannot be reversed, I made her realize we are the ones killing ourselves in this country, if airtel has maybe #5,000,000 active subscribers and they deduct this paltry #50 from every account and nobody flinches, it only means they would have made #250,000,000 naira in 1 sec, plus my #30 cos BRT lady doesn't have change, so they keep getting richer and we dont change state. angry

How else do they spend much money signing artist in millions and the ordinary graduate is roasting and walking from one company to another , only to get pennies handed down to him,yet they cunningly collect the #50 bucks off the dude. sad

We must stop this culture, it only enriches them by the second! My honest take on this though!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Close Ally Of Then President Hu Jintao / Few Weeks According To Fridays / Decrease In Seismicity Is Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.