Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? (2627 Views)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by webprince(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
When is having sex during pregnancy risky and when can you just relax and enjoy it? Whether it's finding the safest pregnancy sex positions or what you can expect after having sex during pregnancy, we've got the answers.

When It May Be Risky

Many women and their partners may wonder: Is sex during pregnancy really safe? Luckily, for the vast majority of women, sex right up until their due date is perfectly safe -- though it may become uncomfortable as the months pass.

In some high-risk cases, however, sex during pregnancy can be risky. Many doctors recommend that women at risk for preterm labor avoid pregnancy sex because semen contains substances that can cause the uterus to contract. Your doctor or midwife will let you know if you need to be concerned.

Having Sex During Pregnancy May Be Risky If:
- Your practitioner has counseled against it for any reason.
- You have unexplained bleeding and a history of premature birth or labor.
- You have placenta previa, a condition where a portion of the placenta covers the cervix.
- Your water has broken.
- You are currently experiencing bleeding.
- You're in the last trimester, carrying multiples.

If you fall into one of the above risk categories, be sure to ask your doctor or midwife to clarify the length of time that intercourse should be restricted and any other specifics, such as avoiding orgasm. And always call your practitioner if you experience a discharge of bright-red blood after sex (especially if it's accompanied by fever), or any leaking fluid.

What You May Experience After Intercourse

You may feel your uterus contract or increased fetal activity after orgasm. In fact, uterine contractions can last for up to 30 minutes after intercourse for some women. These contractions and movements are perfectly normal and you don't need to worry about them affecting the baby.

Due to increased blood volume and engorgement, your cervix may bleed slightly after sex during pregnancy. So don't worry if you see a bit of blood, particularly in the last trimester.

Sex in the Last Trimester

As long as your pregnancy has progressed normally, you should still be able to have sex in your last months, provided you're not carrying multiples. Despite all the myths, no link has been established between preterm labor and sex in the last trimester. Lying flat on your back at this late stage in pregnancy, though, is not a good idea. Talk to your doctor or midwife about positions that are still safe.

Finally, once your water breaks you should not engage in intercourse or insert anything into the vagina, as this could cause infection.

>>> visit www.livinglifeng.com for more on Parenting, Health, Sex Health, Fitness and Beauty
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by Cutehector(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hav some respect for d unborn baby

1 Like

Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by jamex93(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
u wan born sex addict ni

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by webprince(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Cutehector:

@Cutehector & @jamex93 ...Sex during pregnancy is healthy! it: Improves orgasms, Burns calories, Lowers blood pressure, Reduces pain, Improves sleep (For moms: Sex is relaxing — so it helps you sleep better; For babies: The rocking motion of a sex session often lulls baby to sleep), Boosts immunity that helps avoid colds and other infections, Boosts happiness, Increases intimacy, Speeds up postpartum recovery: Orgasms during pregnancy prepare the pelvic floor for childbirth, which in turn speeds postpartum recovery, etc.
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by pet4ril(f): 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thanks
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by jamex93(m): 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
webprince:

@Cutehector & @jamex93 ...Sex during pregnancy is healthy! it: Improves orgasms, Burns calories, Lowers blood pressure, Reduces pain, Improves sleep (For moms: Sex is relaxing — so it helps you sleep better; For babies: The rocking motion of a sex session often lulls baby to sleep), Boosts immunity that helps avoid colds and other infections, Boosts happiness, Increases intimacy, Speeds up postpartum recovery: Orgasms during pregnancy prepare the pelvic floor for childbirth, which in turn speeds postpartum recovery, etc.

I tell u am not just hearing this for the first time

But I still don't buy d idea

U want make him use D break d innocent pikin head ni

1 Like

Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by kashamyanat: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
jamex93 belive it or not webprince is 100percent right because am writting out of experience. Am a mother of two luvly guys one is six(6) and the other is a year and 10months. Child birth for me have been so wonderful, without a cut or tear.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by jamex93(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
kashamyanat:
jamex93 belive it or not webprince is 100percent right because am writting out of experience. Am a mother of two luvly guys one is six(6) and the other is a year and 10months. Child birth for me have been so wonderful, without a cut or tear.

even with d short story i get the message
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by 5minsmadness: 1:15am On Sep 30, 2015
Pls is not safe what if it hit the baby's eye..
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by pretty050(f): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2015
^^lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2015
Cutehector:

Yea right. undecided
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by kellyJames5(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hehehehe

Some people sef grin
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by webprince(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
jamex93:

I tell u am not just hearing this for the first time

But I still don't buy d idea

U want make him use D break d innocent pikin head ni

You are funny! ...and your D cant even get close to the baby, when its not a snake LOL
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by webprince(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
Pls is not safe what if it hit the baby's eye..

Eye? LOL
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by webprince(m): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
kashamyanat:

Dont mind him, he knows
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by jamex93(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
webprince:

You are funny! ...and your D cant even get close to the baby, when its not a snake LOL

hahahahahahah
Re: Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? by Chydobe: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Which word should be the most suitable to describe Pregnancy amazing, magical, divine, unfathomable? Pregnancy is a period the body does the impossible tasks it wouldn't be able to perform normally. It's just amazing how a complete human being would be growing inside another human being, creepy right? Little wonder the popular saying, " the gift of motherhood is the biggest joy that a woman can experience" (although it comes with a lot of pain}, but come on! there is light at the end of the tunnel. so I would love to ask, "Is having sex during pregnancy a nice idea?

Pregnancy experience could be exciting for some women, other women see it as a huge burden. Pregnancy isn't rosy all the way, but you could make the road less thorny you know? Having sex during pregnancy is forbidden for most women. They feel it isn't just right. Well, this article is loaded with some facts that will disprove your philosophy and make you realize that sex might be one of your best pregnancy practice. Now let me ask, did you know sex could help strengthen the muscles for your labor delivery? Oh yeah, this is just one of the benefits. Explore further.

Read Also : Preterm Birth Causes│ How to Avoid Premature Birth : Preterm Birth Problems & Solutions

BENEFITS OF HAVING SEX DURING PREGNANCY Click on the link below for details

http://www.newzified.com/is-having-sex-during-pregnancy-healthy-benefits-of-sex-during-pregnancy/

(1) (Reply)

Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? / . / What Do You Do To Keep Your Husband Interested In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.