Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games (5019 Views)

EA Sports' FIFA 18 World Cup Videos Game Released / EA Sports:Cristiano Ronaldo Beats Rival Lionel Messi In New FIFA Ratings / 'the Journey' Game Mode Will Be Added To FIFA 17 By EA Sports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
kimco:

Maybe, jux maybe, it could be licensing issues. Besides, even if it's not a licensing issue africa's sales of fifa isn't even equal to 1%. Trust me they will lose more in their licensing deals than they will make back in sales with all the rampant pirating going on in africa. They are in for business not to please you lots. With modding way patches, you can add nigeria if you want. Calm down.

Also, pes needs all the licensing it can get, seeing as it loses licenses every year.

It's funny, however , that you would call EA "racist" for not including african countries (which isn't true) and then go on to mention only Nigeria. I'm more surprised you got people to support you on this "boycotting"

Really?

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
bruh... ea sports is a canadian company... stop accusing america and uk... and ur argument is baseless and if i must say...senseless and without any common sense of reasoning... i leave u to ur shinenigans.. some pple are psychologically disturbed and their inferiority complex is real tho
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by kimco(m): 12:23am On Oct 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

Really?

None of those search results were in the same context as that which u tried to quote, that is, none of them reflected ea not adding an african national team. Nice selective quoting by the way, very mature of you. To break your little heart I'll suggest you type in any big name company you can thin of and add "is a racist company" or make it "are *** racist?" In google and see what comes up. If you are feeling lucky u can most def send the screen captures here too for all to see. Now let it go, nigeria is not in a good shape to be demanding an appearance in a fifa game for (imo) just two reasons:

1. Nigerians, like ghanaians, don't buy games, they pirate it to hell and back. A trip outside this thread, on this very same section, will give u proof.

2.The super eagles are now chickens. They need to start performing according to their reputation of long ago. Not even during the tym of winning afcon 2013 were they any good. They were jux better than the rubbish that paraded themselves in the tourney. This is evident by the showing in the conferations cup.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Adeyeye09(m): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2015
You all can keep arguing. Pes 2016 is d best soccer game this year anyway

2 Likes

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by BlackBaron: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2015
Come on now, don't be ignorant.
It's due to licensing issues. Same way PES hasn't got official licenced names of English Premier league is the same reason why Nigeria doesn't appear in fifa.
Combine that with our recent lack of football clout, no one is falling over themselves to slot in our team on the football sim roster.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by rigarmortis: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

I think that it may be time for you to go and get an immediate check up on your ossifying brain. I'm sorry if no one has ever told you this before, before this issue escalates and becomes more severe. I'm only saying this out of my concern for your own mental well-being. Jam!

daughterfucking inbred cattlefucking son of a dirty bearded raghead wildling is concerned, innit? grin grin

I am good, worry about your kith and kin currently wrecking havoc all over the country, driving their cows who even have a higher IQ than into peoples farms in benue, ogun, abia, Enugu, heck....all over the country. that's a more pressing than EA not including the SE in their games.

how many orginal copies do they sell in Nigeria?....that aside do you know how many issues has to be sorted, licensing et al, you just come here and spew cowshit from your gworo stained mouth.

a plague and a pox on you, heifer-penetrator grin.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by leunamme93(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

This post had me laughing no offence.

Your insults are good man, so I need to revoke my statement of calling you a f00l and approach this from a more professional perspective. I got a bit riled up because I guess I got frustrated that there are some Nigerians who could really be this brainwashed.

It has nothing to do with licencing do you really believe that EA Sports can't get the licencing for other national teams and not Nigeria? Do you honestly believe that? Whereas Konami were able to get the licencing for Nigeria? That's incorrect to assume it's licencing. EA has the resources and the clout to get the licencing they just choose not to.

Now, I know that you are upset and you are possibly a FIFA/EA fanboy (no offence). Many people have complained about EA and their shams, it's not only with the FIFA game.

So I know you love gallantly coming to the defence of FIFA, but kindly think before you speak.
Pes licensed for our National team and we got in the squad rooster funny names and you could come here ranting and call that licensed. Smh.! The brainwashed calling another his own name.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by virud: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
I think we should build our own 'Soccer' game from scratch, A serious indigenous competitor would do much more damage. Although, a boycott sounds appealing, it may not bring about the desired effect. Once again, An Indigenous software company that will stand the test of time and project African countries would make a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
virud:
I think we should build our own 'Soccer' game from scratch, A serious indigenous competitor would do much more damage. Although, a boycott sounds appealing, it may not bring about the desired effect. Once again, An Indigenous software company that will stand the test of time and project African countries would make a lot of sense.

I agree, thank you for your mature contribution. I definitely believe that Nigerian companies need to get into software gaming engineering. We need to have our own Konami, Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, etc etc. That's where we need to start innovating.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
Adeyeye09:
You all can keep arguing. Pes 2016 is d best soccer game this year anyway

I heard the same thing as well
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by KazukiIto(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
That's why there are modders. If you don't like it, 'twix' it. We should start modding. There is this Tunisian group - Carthage Eagles Patchers. Those guys did the best pes 13 mod. We Nigerians should start taking things personal. Fifa does not include Nigeria, rather than 4cking whining, mod it.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Interesting.

I think EA would like to license all teams around the world but they have a limit on licenses. It costs money.

Therefore, I think they omit certain teams that they deem "not too important to spend license money on" due to the limit.

the problem here is that Nigeria is one of the best teams in Africa. EA messes up by consistently omitting Nigeria.

I also noticed that the omitted Japan too in 2013 or so. Is that because Japanese people would be loyal to Konami's PES?

Anyhoo, I trust Nigerians never to boycott anything that they like- especially foreign things

2 Likes

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by KazukiIto(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
The whole boycotting talk is total -ish. Modding is still the way out, for now.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
KazukiIto:
That's why there are modders. If you don't like it, 'twix' it. We should start modding. There is this Tunisian group - Carthage Eagles Patchers. Those guys did the best pes 13 mod. We Nigerians should start taking things personal. Fifa does not include Nigeria, rather than 4cking whining, mod it.

Or better yet, create our own gaming industry that will put out competitive games. With the amount of programmers in Nigeria, it shouldn't be a difficult task....Where is the organisation? Nigerians are more than capable of putting out a game that is equal to or surpasses FIFA/PES. It's just that some (not all) programmers are thinking about utilising their knowledge for the wrong thing.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Jskelly11: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fulaman198:

Or better yet, create our own gaming industry that will put out competitive games. With the amount of programmers in Nigeria, it shouldn't be a difficult task....Where is the organisation? Nigerians are more than capable of putting out a game that is equal to or surpasses FIFA/PES. It's just that some (not all) programmers are thinking about utilising their knowledge for the wrong thing.
My guy you know nothing who will sponsor the so called many programmers in Nigeria
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by KazukiIto(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fulaman198:

But we should start somewhere. Getting seriously into modding should be a first step. Game development is extremely-insanely-suicidally difficult (on a professional-commercial level). But like all things tech, it takes time. And for an environment like Nigeria, wasting time doing intangible-tangible things like Game development is not what an average Nigerian will want to undertake (the reward is not immediate).

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
KazukiIto:

But we should start somewhere. Getting seriously into modding should be a first step. Game development is extremely-insanely-suicidally difficult (on a professional-commercial level). But like all things tech, it takes time. And for an environment like Nigeria, wasting time doing intangible-tangible things like Game development is not what an average Nigerian will want to undertake (the reward is not immediate).

I understand where you are coming from and like you said we must start from somewhere. I just believe that we shouldn't hesitate to get into the company of making games. Every company starts somewhere. The good part about making a game is that you do it in a team and not as an individual.
Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Fulaman198(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
Jskelly11:
My guy you know nothing who will sponsor the so called many programmers in Nigeria

Who sponsored EA Sports, Ubisoft, Blizzard, 2k, etc. when they were in the infancy of video game creation? Are you sure you are familiar with the process of creating things? In the computing world it does not take much.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by KazukiIto(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fulaman198:

I understand where you are coming from and like you said we must start from somewhere. I just believe that we shouldn't hesitate to get into the company of making games. Every company starts somewhere. The good part about making a game is that you do it in a team and not as an individual.

I will gladly work for that kind of company. For free.

1 Like

Re: Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games by Jskelly11: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Who sponsored EA Sports, Ubisoft, Blizzard, 2k, etc. when they were in the infancy of video game creation? Are you sure you are familiar with the process of creating things? In the computing world it does not take much.
The CEO's and owners of those companies had the money and zeal to venture into gaming Go and read the histories of those companies you mentioned above

(1) (2) (Reply)

PES 2018/FIFA 2018 On Ppsspp / Pc Gamers In Uniben / Asphalt 8 Airborne Discussion Thread (Android, iOS, WP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.