Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

SEE Mugabe's Top 5 Controversial Quotes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SEE Mugabe's Top 5 Controversial Quotes (485 Views)

Controversial OAP, Daddy Freeze Shows Off His 'mixed Race' Family (photos) / Top 10 Controversial Quotes From Nigerian Leaders / BREAKING NEWS Robert Mugabe Dies At 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SEE Mugabe's Top 5 Controversial Quotes by jWondax(m): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
Zimbabwe’s president Robert Mugabe, Africa’s oldest state leader is also known for some dumbest quotes ever said by an African leader. Read the top 5 of them.
Robert Mugabe is known for his highly controversial quotes.
Photo: AFP
The 91-year-old Zimbabwean leader Robert Mugabe said a lot of remarkable things during his interviews and speeches. Speaking at the United Nations General Assembly on Monday, September 28, he shouted emotionally “ we are not gays!” getting a smattering of laughs along with some polite applause. However, it did not confuse Mugabe and he continued his speech without a whiff of irony.
But this is not the dumbest thing Mugabe told. You can check five most outrageous quotes by Robert Mugabe listed below.

1. Speaking on 2 May 2013 in Harare, Zimbabwe’s capital, Mugabe berated Nelson Mandela, telling that “[Nelson] Mandela has gone a bit too far in doing good to the non-black communities … That’s being too saintly, too good, too much of a saint.”

2. Robert Mugabe also compared himself once to Jesus Christ, saying he is even better than Jesus. “I have died many times – that’s where I have beaten Christ. Christ died once and resurrected once,”Mugabe told when he turned 88.

3. Besides that Zimbabwe’s president also compared himself to Adolf Hitler, adding that Hitler, the most notorious villain in recent history, actually was a very good man. “I am still the Hitler of the time,” Mugabe told, adding that “this Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for.”

4. Besides that, Robert Mugabe stated on 20 June 2008 that he is appointed as Zimbabwean president by God. “ Only God who appointed me will remove me ,” he said.

5. Three months ago Robert Mugabe proposed the US president Barack Obama to contract a gay marriage.

Re: SEE Mugabe's Top 5 Controversial Quotes by MARQUIZ(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
QuotesOfLife!! #Irony

(1) (Reply)

First Made-in-china Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line! / Clean Microsoft 535 For Sale In Ibadan / Photos: 52-year-old Woman Gets Married For The First Time To A 56-year-old-man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.