Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Doctor: Is It Right To Address A Person With Honorary Award With The Title? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Doctor: Is It Right To Address A Person With Honorary Award With The Title? (479 Views)

Richard Ogbon: DELSU Confers Honorary Doctorate Degree On 100+Year-Old Monarch / Nigerian Dropout Alexander Amosu Bags Honorary PhD In Enterpreurship(photos) / GUYS! Who Still Remembers The Title Of This Book? - SEE PHOTO! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctor: Is It Right To Address A Person With Honorary Award With The Title? by nationwide1(m): 12:04am On Sep 30, 2015
It is no news that it has been a long standing trend in Nigeria to hear someone being addressed as a doctor; when you try to find out the area of specialization of the "doctor", you get baffled that the doctor has never earned a master's degree.

It is puzzling to me that what some people have toiled for years and spent fortunes to earn and sometimes are disappointed with all the toiling, someone would just be called from his office or home to go and receive free of charge the doctorate degree and be addressed with the title even in a formal arena. I hope they won't start giving out professorship free of charge also.

I know there is google but permit me to seek the opinions of the gurus in the house.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

1 / Professional Devops Online Training Classes Available / Getting A Uk Undergraduate, Masters And Phd Scholarship Without an Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.