Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. (938 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 30, 2015
I am trying to connect a techno S9, using simple server, to a dell inspiron 15 3543 via WiFi hotspot. And I have been at this for three hours with no success.
Basically, the goal here is to make the laptop utilize the internet access that the phone has, so I can browse with the laptop instead of the phone.

However, it seems the phone is being rather selfish. The plan is working perfectly on my phone. But the computer isn't even getting anything. I just checked now and I'm getting "0.17MB since 37 minutes ago." As the data gotten from the phone by the PC. Haba.

I'm using an MTN sim and #70 bblited plan with simple server. What am I doing wrong?

PS: I've downloaded tether unlocker. Nothing happened. I also downloaded the PC version of simple server, but it requires Firefox to work. I don't have Firefox though.
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Bro!

Simple server and Psiphon handler are vpns...and with a vpn, you can't share your connections!

So, you need to download simple server for Pc and proxy the whole system to it. Then you can now share your data wirelessly from your phone.

Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by hahn(m): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2015
RobinHez:
Bro!

Simple server and Psiphon handler are vpns...and with a vpn, you can't share your connections!

So, you need to download simple server for Pc and proxy the whole system to it. Then you can now share your data wirelessly from your phone.

Now, this is helpful
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

Now, this is helpful
Appreciate!
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2015
RobinHez:
Bro!

have you done it before?
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
have you done it before?
Are u kidding me??
Ok...I've been using it for the past 1 year now! undecided
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
RobinHez:

Are u kidding me??

Ok...I've been using it for the past 1 year now! undecided
obviously, you know what's coming.

1. Where did you get the simple server for android? Where can i get it?
2. How do i configure it?

Listen, i know my noviceness is kind of annoying . . . cheesy but seriously, help a brother out. The simple server i downloaded doesn't even have an interface. Just white code on black background. And i also don't know how to proxy enable an entire system running on windows 8.

In return, i will stop abusing felicity. cry
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
obviously, you know what's coming.

1. Where did you get the simple server for android? Where can i get it?
2. How do i configure it?

Listen, i know my noviceness is kind of annoying . . . cheesy but seriously, help a brother out. The simple server i downloaded doesn't even have an interface. Just white code on black background. And i also don't know how to proxy enable an entire system running on windows 8.

[s]In return, i will stop abusing felicity. cry[/s]
In return you'll inform me if you've received the Laptop or not undecided

Yeah...its supposed to be white text on black background!
Just go to the start screen and type Proxy ...you'd see some search results click on the one that seems obvious to you... And then type in the proxy 127.0.0.1 and 8080 as port

So whenever you wanna browse, just open the simple server on the pc and then hit the net!

Has the SS been configured already?
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
I obviously have received it. undecided
i however have not received the mouse. It seems you did not order it.
RobinHez:

In return you'll inform me if you've received the Laptop or not undecided

Yeah...its supposed to be white text on black background!
Just go to the start screen and type Proxy ...you'd see some search results click on the one that seems obvious to you... And then type in the proxy 127.0.0.1 and 8080 as port

So whenever you wanna browse, just open the simple server on the pc and then hit the net!

Has the SS been configured already?
er . . . Not sure . . . Inject query is set to facebook.com .
I've configured the proxy.
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
I obviously have received it. undecided
i however have not received the mouse. It seems you did not order it.er . . . Not sure . . . Inject query is set to facebook.com .
I've configured the proxy.
Obviously?? Smh...

The mouse is on its way, I told u they're from different sellers.. undecided

Er.. Change all Facebook.com bla bla to web.blackberry.com
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
RobinHez:

Obviously?? Smh...

The mouse is on its way, I told u they're from different sellers.. undecided

Er.. Change all Facebook.com bla bla to web.blackberry.com
holy shii . . . it worked!
I can't believe it!

dude . . . I owe you one . . grin
Re: Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. by RobinHez(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
holy shii . . . it worked! I can't believe it!
dude . . . I owe you one . . grin
Cool!
What you can do for me is update my thread on how awesome I've been...can u?

Windows 10: Microsoft's New Browser Is A FAILURE - Find Out Why / CM Security For PC / Lenovo Mini E10 2gig 500hdd At A Give Away Price