Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Pellegrini: ‘we Haven’t Failed In Europe’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pellegrini: ‘we Haven’t Failed In Europe’ (311 Views)

I'll Apologise If Guardiola Apologises To Pellegrini' - Dimitri Seluk / Pellegrini Denies Problems Between Iheanacho And Man City Teammates / Kelechi Iheanacho Is More Than A Finisher-Coach Pellegrini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pellegrini: ‘we Haven’t Failed In Europe’ by Soccer123: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2015

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has defended his side's record in the Champions League.

The Citizens lost their opening Group D fixture to Juventus two weeks ago which raised doubts about how far City will go in the competition.

Speaking to reporters ahead of tonight's clash with Borussia Monchengladbach, Manuel Pellegrini said:
"Well, I always repeat the same answer to the same question.

"I don't think we have failed in Europe.

"In the last two years, we have qualified for the next stage and then we lost against the best team in the world, Barcelona.

"That's why we know how to win in Europe. That's why we qualified for two seasons — we have beaten Bayern Munich twice. Last year, we were in a very complicated situation and we won our last two games against Roma away and Bayern Munich at home. So we know how to do it."

"Last year were in a complicated situation and we won our last two games.

"So we know how to do it. We just lost a game against Juventus, which was a strange game.

"Now we are trying in the next five games to qualify for the next stage of Europe."

Source: http://kicknews24.com/news/pellegrini-we-havent-failed-in-europe/
Re: Pellegrini: ‘we Haven’t Failed In Europe’ by ksbusari(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
Na small e remain

(1) (Reply)

In A Spot On Top Of The Grave / Major European Leagues Predictions By Gen. C / Paris Myself Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.