Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? (2274 Views)

Pastor To Spend Christmas In Jail For Giving 11 Year Old Girl Belle / Y Do Naija Gurlz Always Say Yelz Instead Of Yes / Why Is Nairaland Full Of Envious, Jealous, Bad Belle People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2009
Forgive me if this is not the right thread to pose this question, but I really want to know:

"Why do we Nigerians have serious 'Bad Belle' for our own people?"

We never want anyone to progress unless they are part of our immediate or extended family. When we see someone better that us, we tend to find a way to ridicule the person's effort, so as to ake ourselves appear better in the eyes of others. Why?

Some girl marries a rich husband living abroad, we say, ehn, she's given him winch to chop.
Another person gets a good job with great pay, we say she slept with the manager or director.

Why are we like this? Even the kind Chimamanda Adichie, the female writer that won a foreign award two years ago, we Nigerians back-bite her. People please, she's one of our own. We should be supportive not oppressive.
If you don't believe me, go and visit the Facebook fan page of the new novel set in Nigeria that is about to come out. Type-in Feddie Girl and hit search. On the page, na so so white people and Oyinbo's full dia showing their support.

So, where are the Naija men and women?

Please let us try to be proud and supportive of our own people. This is one of the ways to grow as a nation.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by MrCrackles(m): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2009
undecided undecided undecided cool
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

undecided undecided undecided cool

MrCrackles, no be joke I joke. Na serious matter be dis o.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2009
What did I tell you?

MrCrackles see the post below this one? Them don dey already get bad-belle for you say you be moderator.

Na wa for Naija peeps o! shocked
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by toshacer: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2009
because that is what they are.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
tosh_acer:

I don't get it. You mean because we are Nigerians, or because as Nigerians we are prone to be bad-belle's?
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Joan4427(f): 5:07pm On May 08, 2009
Bad belle is bad. Any way we want to look at it.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 3:46pm On May 24, 2009
It seems to me the 'bad-belle' fever has spread to non-Naija's too. Na wa o, Oyinbo person having bad-belle for Naija man never ceases to amaze me. grin
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Ifez: 3:51pm On May 24, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by pleep(m): 4:56am On Apr 27, 2011
I'm surprised at the lack of response this thread has, intact I myself was called a 'bad belle' just 5 mins ago.
And it is a common trait among nigerians and especially on this forum
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by Claracuzio: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2011
Naturally human beings get bad belle but niaja own different because of poverty
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by nlPoster: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
toshacer:
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by nlPoster: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
Ifez:

I don't get it. You mean because we are Nigerians, or because as Nigerians we are prone to be bad-belle's?

Both.

No, I'm not the id you quoted.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by nlPoster: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
pleep:
I'm surprised at the lack of response this thread has, intact I myself was called a 'bad belle' just 5 mins ago.
And it is a common trait among nigerians and especially on this forum

You're a bad belle though, and always castigating Nigerians (doesnt mean I dont do the same ).

I remember your thread about not giving out free water although that wasn't about Nigerians per se.
Re: Why Do Naija's Have Serious Bad Belle? by nlPoster: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
Claracuzio:
Naturally human beings get bad belle but niaja own different because of poverty

It's not just poverty, it's more than that. Poverty is simply an excuse.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Europe Through The Desert: Story Told By A Survivor. / Five “uncontacted Tribes” Most Threatened With Extinction (photos) / Python Swallowing An Antelope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.