Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Trading Farm Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trading Farm Products (756 Views)

Farm Products Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trading Farm Products by AKPOZY(m): 1:07am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello friends, I may sound boring but I crave your indulgence for some minutes.

I graduated with good grades from school. I was very confident of my abilities and,as such, saw it unnecessary to consider anything other than working in multi-national corporations like Shell, Chevron, e.t.c. This is a dream of any regular guy from the south-south region of this country. However, I was watching as the days turned into weeks, weeks into months and months into years, with me looking out the window of hope to land my 'dream' job. That was exactly why year turned into years with me still jobless.

At this point I realised I need to employ a different approach. I have to redeem myself from this hole I've got myself into. I now realise that things are not the way they should be.

By means of this thread, I want to appeal to nairalanders who can help salvage me out of this mess to come to my aid. I understand that one of the physiological needs of man that must be met on a delay basis is eating, hence, I've decided to go into a business that's related to that- purchasing plantain from farms and transporting it to town to sell to the market women.

Honestly, I know nothing about this trade but I know it will work through my commitment. This is why I'm calling on you guys on this forum that knows about the business to give me a heads up so as to make a success of it.

Any sincere suggestion you give is a way of helping me out of the shackles of poverty into a life of liberty. I'll appreciate your kindness. God bless you.
Re: Trading Farm Products by ernecy(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2015
God no dey sleep bro o, He will see u thru. It's a good thing that you are thinking this way instead waiting of a white collar job that's not insight.

But I think you should consider going into fish farming, instead of this Plantain business u intend to venture into, although I might not be seeing it from ur own point, and what I think is impossible might be possible for u, but let's be realistic at the same time optimistic, the risk in Plantain is that when u don't sell off before the products start to ripe it becomes a problem, where you either u sale cheap or it will spoil.

Check the agricultural section of NL you might find some relevant info that could help you make better decision.

Think about it..
Re: Trading Farm Products by AKPOZY(m): 5:46am On Oct 03, 2015
Thanks, ernecy, for this useful piece and your friendly disposition. A lot of things are going on in my mind. But as you know, it's best you start with one and keep note of the others. You may be coming back to them soon enough.
Re: Trading Farm Products by sthugo: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2015
My piece of advice
Before you venture in food market,creat your own market first.Do the necessary,get to know how much they buy in the market,identify more than one contact who could buy all you provide.

Know how much they pay for it,then get to the farm you intend buying from. With this rightly fully done,what you will be engaged in is supply which is far easier than selling.

Its great you thought in this direction,cos food is the most important stuff of human,the demand is always there but the supply is yet to be met.

Wish u d best
Re: Trading Farm Products by AKPOZY(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Thanks Sthugo, for the useful piece of advice. You're a noble person.

(1) (Reply)

Haulage (tipper) / 5 Kipor And Firman Generators For Sale / How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.