Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. (3438 Views)

How I Got A Job / Employer Wants To Hold My NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE On Resumption. / I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2015
Good morning friends, pls i need your advice, i applied for a job and after the tests and interview i was given the job. My p.o.p is on october 15 at osun state and the job is at v.i lekki, my lgi is a very stubborn woman i dont noe what to tell her because we are to resume training on monday and my final clearance is on wednesday, The training is for two weeks which will affect my p.o.p, pls what should i do?
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Niyeal(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2015
In P M. Buhari speech. Order is beta than speed!

6 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by dayosheedah(f): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
Try to explain to her,everybody knws wats happening in d country,it won't profit u if u don't accept and let dem knw whr u are recruited dat u still a serving corper memba,so dey will make deir calender flexible enuf 4 u so as 2 go 4 ur final clearance

5 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Khunby(f): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Niyeal:
In P M. Buhari speech. Order is beta than speed!
This is an insensitive thing to say

@op I am going through the same situation but one thing I have learnt is that there is always a way out of everything. It's either you find a way to make ur LI see reasons or you ask for permission to miss the training for a day or two but don't worry yourself cos there is always a way out of every situation.

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
Good morning friends, pls i need your advice, i applied for a job and after the tests and interview i was given the job. My p.o.p is on october 15 at osun state and the job is at v.i lekki, my lgi is a very stubborn woman i dont noe what to tell her because we are to resume training on monday and my final clearance is on wednesday, The training is for two weeks which will affect my p.o.p, pls what should i do?

This one na small issue now. Jus talk to ur CLO and evritin is resolved. Its not as if LI really even knws much of wot appens during clearance. Anoda option is to get som1 to clear For u. Once ur clo is an understanding person den no qwalms. I served 2013/2014. And we helped lots of ppl do final clearance without knowledge of LI self. I even helped som1 collect his cert. Cos d guy travelled for a job. And coming to tink of it, its supposed to be joyous to d Li for her to find out dat som of her children are already nailing gud jobs. ALl d best to U

10 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2015
Khunby:

@op I am going through the same situation but one thing I have learnt is that there is always a way out of everything. It's either you find a way to make ur LI see reasons or you ask for permission to miss the training for a day or two but don't worry yourself cos there is always a way out of every situation.
wow. thank you very much, i really appreciate ur words of encouragement.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2015
Khunby:

wow. thank you very much, i really appreciate ur words of encouragement.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2015
Anyss:

This one na small issue now. Jus talk to ur CLO and evritin is resolved. Its not as if LI really even knws much of wot appens during clearance. Anoda option is to get som1 to clear For u. Once ur clo is an understanding person den no qwalms. I served 2013/2014. And we helped lots of ppl do final clearance without knowledge of LI self. I even helped som1 collect his cert. Cos d guy travelled for a job. And coming to tink of it, its supposed to be joyous to d Li for her to find out dat som of her children are already nailing gud jobs. ALl d best to U
thank you very much, but is it possible for sumone to collect your certificate for you? i pray the woman shud b happy abt it cus she is kinda wicked n strict
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
thank you very much, but is it possible for sumone to collect your certificate for you? i pray the woman shud b happy abt it cus she is kinda wicked n strict

Very very possible cos most ppl will end up not collecting theirs dat day, somtimes its cos deir cert is missingg as in it wasn't brot along or other reasons. So they end up going to secretariat afterwards to collect theirs

So if u like u can collect it afta ur training self

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2015
Anyss:

Very very possible cos most ppl will end up not collecting theirs dat day, somtimes its cos deir cert is missingg as in it wasn't brot along or other reasons. So they end up going to secretariat afterwards to collect theirs

So if u like u can collect it afta ur training self
wow, thank you for the useful tips, thought its a mandate to be present dat day.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Haywhymido(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
I smell frontpage
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by drejohn4(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Bro, wch L.G. ar u in osun state... i hope there cld b way out.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Zi: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Another thing is you may need to change your disposition towards her. Why are you calling her wicked and all? Have you had any personal contacts with her or just hear-say? I'm saying she might be a nice person you doesn't have a smiling face except you actually go close to her.

First change your mindset. Approach her gently, respectfully and subtly with a small gift: flower, wine... Smile. Hail her if need be. Beg, not ask like it's your right. Smile. Keep smiling even if she keeps a strong face. Explain in clear but low tune.

This is basically how to get someone do something for you, even when they wouldn't want to. All the best!

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
drejohn4:
Bro, wch L.G. ar u in osun state... i hope there cld b way out.
orolu local government
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Zi:
Another thing is you may need to change your disposition towards her. Why are you calling her wicked and all? Have you had any personal contacts with her or just hear-say? I'm saying she might be a nice person you doesn't have a smiling face except you actually go close to her.

First change your mindset. Approach her gently, respectfully and subtly with a small gift: flower, wine... Smile. Hail her if need be. Beg, not ask like it's your right. Smile. Keep smiling even if she keeps a strong face. Explain in clear but low tune.

This is basically how to get someone do something for you, even when they wouldn't want to. All the best!
thanks bro, d reason i said she is wicked is der is d frnd of mine dat came to her for help cus she won a six mnth scolarship to outside the country and she dnt help her out.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by dhantey324(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
U r expected to focus on your service year by law!! You can as well tell the company you want to resume at a later date, because ur LI is empowered by d law 2 deal with u in situations like this. I hope everything goes well for you though.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Zi: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
thanks bro, d reason i said she is wicked is der is d frnd of mine dat came to her for help cus she won a six mnth scolarship to outside the country and she dnt help her out.

Manner of approach matters.
Goodluck sir!
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by drejohn4(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
Best of luck bro, All will be well.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by sholay2011(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
Why are you writing like this It's irritating. Please, write in full letters and correct English.

Congrats on your job by the way. Other posters have said it all.

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
You call her wicked because she isn't corrupt abi?. How can someone be serving and still be allowed to be outside the country for 6 months? And after she will collect her certificate? Can you do this in developed countries? It's either you're serving or not.. one at a time..

As regards your job, she has every right to tell you No. She's simply doing her job.. She's probably not like other LIs that can be bought. .

You should talk to your employers about your predicament. . They're in the best position to help you. They should even understand. .

If the LI finally permits you, good for you but don't call her wicked for nothing please. . If she permits every corper that comes to her, then every corper will be gone as everyone will hv one reason or the other. ..

All the best. ...

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by ElDeeVee(m): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You call her wicked because she isn't corrupt abi?. How can someone be serving and still be allowed to be outside the country for 6 months? And after she will collect her certificate? Can you do this in developed countries? It's either you're serving or not.. one at a time..

As regards your job, she has every right to tell you No. She's simply doing her job.. She's probably not like other LIs that can be bought. .

You should talk to your employers about your predicament. . They're in the best position to help you. They should even understand. .

If the LI finally permits you, good for you but don't call her wicked for nothing please. . If she permits every corper that comes to her, then every corper will be gone as everyone will hv one reason or the other. ..

All the best. ...
Epic cool
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Epic cool
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by free2ryhme: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:

As a graduate you don't need advise. From two evils choose the lesser evil
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by princeshijman(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
sholay2011:

Why are you writing like this It's irritating. Please, write in full letters and correct English.

Congrats on your job by the way. Other posters have said it all.

well am in a very uncomfortable position since morning, just trying to get the advice from you guyz as fast as possible. thanks for notifying me .
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by oscarlloyd(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chai... I will get a job and one LI will say he/she is wicked.... Ko jor... Something I'm praying for and u are confused abt it....
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
princeshijman:
wow, thank you for the useful tips, thought its a mandate to be present dat day.

Am glad I was able to help
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by martin86(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Wow nice. I also served in orolu. If ur LGI is still dat busty woman, well I say she is strict but sure have a gud hrt. A frd of mine had d same issue nd he talked wit her. She will definitly listen since u ave alway frequent all CDS. Bt if u still doubt, u can go wit d suggestion earlier made by goin tru ur CLO
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
I've walked through the most hardest people ever because of just talking.
There is a saying that " He who wants something has the longest hand ". Talk to her, through your CLO and she will understand.
This is nigeria, and even her a Mother understands the unemployment situation.
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by 08dominic: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Re: I Got A Job During My Nysc And My LI Is Wicked,remaining 15days To POP. by latade: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
Good evening everyone, I am seriously in need of your help and advice. ......I missed two months clearance and my lgi quarried me of which I responded to and my HOD at my ppa also pleaded on my behalf. But I was denied of my certificate since October after our pop. I called my lgi and he said I was caught for absconment that I will have to refund all the allawee and get remobilized! Pls what should I do ? Pls I need your advice here!

(1) (Reply)

High Pillars Recruitment. (assessment) Who Know About Them? / Am Just Tired, And I Don't Know What To Do Anymore, Please Help Me / Sterling Bank Calling Apt Test October 4 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.