Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) (3350 Views)

Linda Ikeji Commits Another Grammatical Blunder (photos) / Iyanya Looks Bleached In New Selfie / Iyanya And Fan In Instagram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2015
I feel disheartened whenever I see unpardonable grammatical blunders like this. Is this how deteriorated the whole system has become? I was just scrolling through my fb page this morning and I came across this post by Iyanya wishing joke sylva a happy birthday. This is a guy, who after rising to stardom, developed different versions of spoken american english(watch his various tv shows and interviews). Someone should please tell mr iyanya that 'THOUGHT' is different from 'TAUGHT'
I know people would say things like 'no one is perfect' and all sorts, but what is bad in trying to develop yourself up to a very sound standard? The one that annoys me most is the use of 'am' instead of 'I'm'. Common! We were taught all these in basic school.
Personally, I do not encourage the use of shorthand. Whenever I have the opportunity of chatting with my younger friends on any IM medium, I always frown at the use of these shorthand. These little things are the bane of our failures when we get to bigger environment(job interviews, aptitude tests, seminar presentations etc)
Why not take a major decision today and improve your expression ability? I still have a copy of 'brighter grammar' and once in a while, I scan through it. Promise yourself not to drop posts filled with shorthand on the internet. There are lots of patrick oba(whatever)s here on nairaland. You can pick new words from them. I picked words like bigot, despot, gibberish and a lot of others on nairaland. I miss write ups from this guy in particular with korean sounding moniker(senbonzakura kageyoshi, something like that.) I doff my hat for people like standd and royver. I read their posts with joy because I would be sure to learn one or two things to show of with the following day. Please let's all make it a point of duty to find ways to improve our expression abilities. A good number of american presidents are/were fantastic communicators. Trust me, your ability to communicate well will take you places.
Back to mr iyanya, my problem with his blunder is that person wey dey form say hin sabi speak american english pass Barack Obama nor suppose make this kind yeye mistake.*shines teeth*. These guys are too fake for my liking. I wonder what kinda people look up to them. undecided Attached is a screen shot of the post o jere. Thought ko, think ni. Happy independent(abeg na play o)

1 Like

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by alonzoiv(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2015
Funny
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2015
OP, don't lie o.... What did you score in English in your WAEC, how about JAMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Guy, nor try me ooo....na small e remain make I score 100/100 for waec english that year.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
OP, Get a life and live that life.... Let others live theirs. #Peace

1 Like

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sir, but I have a life. I also have been living it well. What's wrong with 'winding down' on a public holiday?
Was just flexing my fingers on my keypad and you are hurt already. If I come punch you nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
He no qo buy Enqlish text books na Instruments he dae use hin money buy.............. He is successful sha

1 Like

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
Thank God for his life
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lol oga iyanya, might be a mistake anyway
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by safarigirl(f): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
bodekom92:
Sir, but I have a life. I also have been living it well. What's wrong with 'winding down' on a public holiday?
Was just flexing my fingers on my keypad and you are hurt already. If I come punch you nko?
are you aware a lot of people make such errors unconsciously? I've spelt 'pear' as 'peer' here. Does it mean I don't know the difference? No, it was just an innocent mistake that I'm sure even you have made. So, stop acting smart and realise that humans are prone to errors

1 Like

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by nuelzy: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
OP am sure u wasted not less dan 5mins typing dat sh*t!!
nw tell me....hw much did it fetch ur B.act ??

think!!
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
nuelzy:
OP am sure u wasted not less dan 5mins typing dat sh*t!!

nw tell me....hw much did it fetch ur B.act ??

think!!
And you make money every minute, right? Like I said earlier, I was just looking for someone to poke for fun and mr oreo came at the right time. To all who caught the humor, God bless!
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm wondering why you wrote this much for such a small blunder
You know these "jingle makers" are out of touch with grammar for some time, they are always thinking about money and making jingles
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by englishmart(m): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
SirWere:
OP, don't lie o.... What did you score in English in your WAEC, how about JAMB
you need to ask yourself that same question.... the past tense of teach is taught, not thought

1 Like

Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
englishmart:
you need to ask yourself that same question.... the past tense of teach is taught, not thought
Do not deflect the question, rather just answer my accusation. Yes, Accusation!!
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by RedCard1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
In Peter Okoye's voice *accent can't bring food to the table*. Besides, abbreviation isn't doing any good to our spelling ability.

Also, the entire Igbo states, Akwa Ibom and Cross River has the worst accents in Nigeria.

Tomorrow now, Iyanya will come and defend himself by calling his mistake "swag".

I remember those days when 2face used the slang "nothing dey happen" to cover up his inability to speak fluently back then. Thank Jah say my guy don learn.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by hedonistic: 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Most of these so-called celebrities are guilty; only two stand out in my view... Banky W and M.I. They both seem very educated - they both speak well and write well.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
bodekom92:

And you make money every minute, right? Like I said earlier, I was just looking for someone to poke for fun and mr oreo came at the right time. To all who caught the humor, God bless!
humor? bro this is as dry as Sahara desert, even if this your 'joke' is a big fish and I have baits and net, I still can't catch it.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
humor? bro this is as dry as Sahara desert, even if this your 'joke' is a big fish and I have baits and net, I still can't catch it.
Cheer up bro, life isn't this hard.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 02, 2015
bodekom92:

Cheer up bro, life isn't this hard.
ofcos not but your joke is as dry as fk, seriously was that funny to you? if so then you have a twisted sense of humor. Go and take some comedy lessons before you try to be funny brother.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
ofcos not but your joke is as dry as fk, seriously was that funny to you? if so then you have a twisted sense of humor. Go and take some comedy lessons before you try to be funny brother.
I don't give a hoot about your perception and your advice isn't needed either. Thanks for stopping by anyway.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
bodekom92:

I don't give a hoot about your perception and your advice isn't needed either. Thanks for stopping by anyway.
:-) relax bro and enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Iyanya's Inexcusable Blunder (screenshot Attached) by bodekom92(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
:-) relax bro and enjoy the rest of your day.
What's that moniker of yours again? Oh! Alright. I ll try check on you in other threads

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Stuns In Purple Maxi Dress / Recent Pictures Of Ceiline Deon With Kim K, Kanye At Vegas / Roman Goddess Rocks Bikini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.