Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

Nairalanders Pls Advice Me So That I Won't Make A Mistake - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders Pls Advice Me So That I Won't Make A Mistake (360 Views)

Hello Nairalanders Pls Help Wish HUNGERBAD A Harpee Bufdae / Nairalanders, Pls Is This Allowed In Nigeria (picture) / Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Pls Advice Me So That I Won't Make A Mistake by kunzaar83(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
I m a graduate of Economics, I served in 2009/2010, I was employed by a bank briefly from 2010-2011, I got employed by the Nigeria Custom from 2011 to date.
I was able to achieve all these with the help of my uncle who happens to be 1 of the top shots in todays Nigeria, if I must say it he's among the 1st 4 in power rankings as far govt is concerned, this is all I will say about him I won't mention his name.

The problem I have now is that I was involved in a very terrible accident that almost cost me 1 of my leg few months back, the accident made the effected leg shorter than the healthy 1, and its certain that I will end up walking only with the help of a walking stick in the future unless a miracle happens, the problem now is that I so much fear my future with the para-military, I may be well connected to remain @ work for some times but that connection may end 1 day, para-military and military in Nigeria end up retiring their officers that have 1 issue or the other with their legs declaring them incapacitated.... I don't want to leave my work considering the kind of brighter future I may have if I m not 1 day declared incapacitated in the future......

The temptation of meeting my uncle for another job on medical grounds can not just leave me coz this is some 1 that can get u a job with just a phone call.... If I consider the number of people that are jobless I feel if I go and meet him for another job I may be tagged as an ungrateful person and it won't go well with me @ all...
Something is also telling me that I should just concentrate on my job while I make sure I have an Msc and PhD before considering what next to do.... Pls I need your advice what should I do?

NB: pls forgive my gramatical and spelling errors if any.... Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Pls Advice Me So That I Won't Make A Mistake by McCarlito(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
I would simply say... There's no far gain in Government work except the immediate.. And one way we will all retire.. Now that u have the means I would simply suggest u open up some private business or anything business.. There must have been some that caught ur fancies.. Start them up so u can always fall back on it instead of keeping ur hands crossed on a daily basis...
NB: I'm also a uniform personell

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Advice Me So That I Won't Make A Mistake by kunzaar83(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
McCarlito:
I would simply say... There's no far gain in Government work except the immediate.. And one way we will all retire.. Now that u have the means I would simply suggest u open up some private business or anything business.. There must have been some that caught ur fancies.. Start them up so u can always fall back on it instead of keeping ur hands crossed on a daily basis...
NB: I'm also a uniform personell
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Thief My Money O! (25/10/2015= / Make Your Color Complexion Bright And Shine / How To Market A New Educational Syllabus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.