Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa (716 Views)

30 Years Of Career: Comedian Alibaba Shows Off His Awards Collection (photos) / Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Rumor Of Dating 70-Year-Old Billionaire / Fans To Toke Makinwa: "How Do You Wash Your Private Part With Ur Long Nails? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa by simtosul: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nigerian OAP, Toke Makinwa, has shared her
views on how marriage is seen in the Nigerian
society. Toke said in most cases, Nigerian men
feel intimidated by working class women.
According to Toke, the society seems to force
ladies to rush into marriage, which sometimes
results into breakups.
In her Vlog, Toke said, “Marriage is how you are
seen in the society; marriage is how you are duly
respected. If you are not married, there is no
hope for you. 30 is knocking at the door. If you
have crossed 30 even worse, you need tips.”
She added, “You have to make a truce; You either
chose to follow your career or you chose to get
married. You cannot do the two at the same time,
it cannot work. They believe that when a woman
is career driven he is a threat to men, men will
not approach you.
"Therefore, you are approaching 45 if not 50 and
you are single, forget career. Career is not going
to keep the night warm for you when you are 40.
Career is not going to keep you company when
you are going to need it. Career is not going to
sleep with you.”

Re: Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa by graciousolo(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
I dissagree, u can have both.
Re: Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa by Haywhymido(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yea yea, wareva
Re: Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa by Babe2sure(f): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2015
Says who?
Who told her career and marriage cannot be balanced?
Does it mean everyone that has a career cannot have a good marriage, vice versa?

I wonder if people reading her vlog does not dissent on her opinion sometimes. They should not swallow everything she says, hook, line and sinker.
Re: Don't Ignore Marriage Because Of Career-toke Makinwa by veave(f): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2015
She knew all these things yet couldn't apply it to keep her man from wandering. Abeg make I hear word! Toke you aint as happy as some 30something and above single women I know. So please....

GERRARAHIA!!!

(1) (Reply)

"My Manager Looks Exactly Like My Dad" _wizkid / Is This A Workout Photos Or She Is Just Tempting Guys, See What She Shared / Pregnant Kim Kardashian Says She Might Have Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.