Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

An Inspiring Independence Day Goodwill Message To All Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Inspiring Independence Day Goodwill Message To All Nigerians (2957 Views)

Do All Nigerians Live In Huts? / Meet Aishat Raufu - An Inspiring Nigerian Female Shoe Maker. / Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Inspiring Independence Day Goodwill Message To All Nigerians by barnaby04(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
My fellow Nigerians,

It is with joy that i convey this congratulatory message to you. First, today is the beginning of a new month and new beginnings in our various lives and secondly, today is our Independence Anniversary day, the day our founding fathers freed us from the shackles of colonial rule exactly 55 years ago.

The journey of our nationhood has been characterized with various episodes and trials which brought out the resilient Nigerian spirit of perseverance, industry and self belief that 'Naija go better' someday in us.

The vision of our founding fathers of building a truly egalitarian society where love, freedom and justice reigns was truncated by the mindless military incursions into our polity which led us into the wilderness of doom, corruption and mediocrity for a long while in our cherished history.

Together, we all united with one voice and unity of purpose to fight the military and demand for a return to civil rule even at the expense of lives. It is no doubt that we have all come a long way in this project called NIGERIA!

As we all rejoice and celebrate our 55 years of nationhood today, I want us all to reflect back and do a self appraisal on those things we as individuals have been doing which has been holding us back as a nation from achieving the goals and dreams of our founding fathers. Building a nation is a collective effort which requires the collective will and mindset of all to achieve.

Henceforth, we all need to do away with the culture of mediocrity and corruption which has held us backwards from developing our potentials of emerging as a great nation in life.

My fellow Nigerians, it is time for us as a nation to chart a new beginning that will lead us into prosperity and advancement in all spheres of human endeavors having being immensely blessed by God with rich human and natural assets which makes us the envy of all nations.

I see a bright future ahead of us as a nation and I urge you all to remain resolute and committed in the Nigerian project, if we have passed through various challenges together as a nation and yet still remains one indivisible entity, I assure you today confidently that the sky is indeed bright for us as a nation.

Please, accept my congratulations of our 55 years of nationhood.

God Bless Nigeria!

Michael Barnabas
@barnaby04

(1) (Reply)

Party Pack Wholesales Lagos / Banker Challenge On Lotto Machines / How Do You Recover From A Bad Nightmare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.