Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria (3699 Views)

Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise / 44 Countries Nigerians Can Travel To Without Visa Or Visa On Arrival. / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please my fellow nairalanders, is there anything like arrivavisa on a virgin passport. My baby was born here on Nigeria but got USA passport from the embassy here in Nigeria. We are at airport and they are telling me she can't go cos her passport don't have stamp on it. She is 4 months old, they said either I cancel to obtain Nigeria passport. Or I pay certain amount to obtain arrival visa. Please am travelling for the first time and I'm cofused as hell
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by claremont(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
If your baby has got an American passport, she will need a visa to enter Nigeria. The same way a baby holding a Nigerian passport will need a visa to enter America. I'm not sure if the policy of including babies into the passport of their parents is still applicable to either countries.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2015
claremont:
If your baby has got an American passport, she will need a visa to enter Nigeria. The same way a baby holding a Nigerian passport will need a visa to enter America. I'm not sure if the policy of including babies into the passport of their parents is still applicable to either countries.

The baby is travelling with her mum to the States on a US passport. This should only apply if the baby was coming to Nigeria from the States on a US passport.

tochimas:
Please my fellow nairalanders, is there anything like arrivavisa on a virgin passport. My baby was born here on Nigeria but got USA passport from the embassy here in Nigeria. We are at airport and they are telling me she can't go cos her passport don't have stamp on it. She is 4 months old, they said either I cancel to obtain Nigeria passport. Or I pay certain amount to obtain arrival visa. Please am travelling for the first time and I'm cofused as hell

OP, i totally don't understand what they mean by arrival visa. Have you explained to them that the US passport was gotten here in Nigeria? I think there is some sort of mix up.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
Phema:

The baby is travelling with her mum to the States on a US passport. This should only apply if the baby was coming to Nigeria from the States on a US passport.

OP, i totally don't understand what they mean by arrival visa. Have you explained to them that the US passport was gotten here in Nigeria? I think there is some sort of mix up.
I explain everything to them, their main grouse is why I didn't Nigerian passport for her,but had the time to get us passport while she is also a Nigerian and born here. Never heard of such before.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
We parted with 200 hundred dollar last night
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
tochimas:
I explain everything to them, their main grouse is why I didn't Nigerian passport for her,but had the time to get us passport while she is also a Nigerian and born here. Never heard of such before.

tochimas:

OMG! What da heck!! What nonsense is that? When did it become compulsory for a Nigerian with dual citizenship to exit the country on a Nigerian passport?? Have never heard of it.

What explanation were you given? Is it like a new law?
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by tpiander: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
tochimas:

tochimas:

tochimas:

can you explain better.

Your child's passport should have her place of birth on it.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by johnkent(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
How are you planning on returning back to nigeria without a valid nigerian visa or a passport?
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2015
Phema:

there is no mix up anywhere. Everything was there on clear print. Place of birth and even the report of birth from the consulate here
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 04, 2015
tpiander:

can you explain better.

Your child's passport should have her place of birth on it.
I wish you were there. It was the Nigerian guy that works will delta that even starting it all. That my baby 's passport has never been stamped and that I should go to the Nigeria immigration office. I asked how can it be stamped when she had never been anywhere. I payed cos we would have missed our flight. I wanted to find out what is wrong or right. If they are wrong. And that guy clearly connived with immigration to rip me off, he will never get away with
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 04, 2015
johnkent:
How are you planning on returning back to nigeria without a valid nigerian visa or a passport?
I have my Nigerian passport but will obtain visa for my daughter cos she doesn't have Nigeria passport
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 04, 2015
claremont:
we were travelling to USA for the first time. She obtained US passport here in Nigerian from the american embassy cos her father is a US citizen
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by tpiander: 12:26am On Oct 04, 2015
tochimas:
we were travelling to USA for the first time. She obtained US passport here in Nigerian from the american embassy cos her father is a US citizen

I don't think it's an unusual situation for a child to be born to a US citizen outside of the US.

perhaps something else was going on or the official wasnt experienced maybe.

what were the circumstances, when did you arrive in Nigeria to give birth?
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 04, 2015
tpiander:

I don't think it's an unusual situation for a child to be born to a US citizen outside of the US.

perhaps something else was going on or the official wasnt experienced maybe.

what were the circumstances, when did you arrive in Nigeria to give birth?
I didn't arrive in Nigeria, I got my spousal visa two weeks after I had my baby and my baby got US passport on account of my US citizen hubby and father
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by tpiander: 12:39am On Oct 04, 2015
perhaps the official was inexperienced or the rules have been changed.

Did the names on both passports match, or was a letter required from the father stating his permission for the daughter to travel with you?
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by worry359(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2015
Official was not inexperienced or made mistake!

You were robbed of 200 dollars by airport thief, who knew exactly what they were doing.
They saw rich person and took your money, like so many others.

Your money is gone into someones back pocket never to be seen by you again.
Nigerian corruption!
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by tpiander: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
worry359:
Official was not inexperienced or made mistake!

You were robbed of 200 dollars by airport thief, who knew exactly what they were doing.
They saw rich person and took your money, like so many others.

Your money is gone into someones back pocket never to be seen by you again.
Nigerian corruption!
You are absolutely correct. The people at the airport knows very well that people travels with their American children without Nigerian passport. This lady was hustled for $200 and she felt for it. Lesson to learn, stay your ground next time and don't encourage corruption.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely correct. The people at the airport knows very well that people travels with their American children without Nigerian passport. This lady was hustled for $200 and she felt for it. Lesson to learn, stay your ground next time and don't encourage corruption.
it's easy to say bro, but I think that was the option left for her.(tho the money was illegal).

These people will delay you with their miserable life simply because you are traveling for the first time which they blv you don't know the laws. I was once in her shoes and I av no choice than to bribe them because you wouldn't want to miss your flight.

Nigeria need serious prayer for immigration officers especially Lagos airport. Muritala airport workers are too corrupt.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
agarawu23:
it's easy to say bro, but I think that was the option left for her.(tho the money was illegal).

These people will delay you with their miserable life simply because you are traveling for the first time which they blv you don't know the laws. I was once in her shoes and I av no choice than to bribe them because you wouldn't want to miss your flight.

Nigeria need serious prayer for immigration officers especially Lagos airport. Muritala airport workers are too corrupt.
I was at M/M airport just 4 weeks ago and back in Chicago now. I am a constant visitor to Nigeria and other countries in Africa for work mostly. If you stop giving bribe to them , there is nothing they can do to you. I dont have to tell you how many times I have gotten into confrontation with them and they will just sigh and let go off me. We can't stop corruption in Nigeria if we just follow the status quo.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I was at M/M airport just 4 weeks ago and back in Chicago now. I am a constant visitor to Nigeria and other countries in Africa for work mostly. If you stop giving bribe to them , there is nothing they can do to you. I dont have to tell you how many times I have gotten into confrontation with them and they will just sigh and let go off me. We can't stop corruption in Nigeria if we just follow the status quo.
oga we are talking about first timers grin even me don dey open eyes for them now
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
agarawu23:
oga we are talking about first timers grin even me don dey open eyes for them now
I got you on that but even some Nigerians that lives in Nigeria will never bribe or support corruption even if their lives depends on it. Corruption must be stemmed for the country to move out of the curse of being a perpetual third world nation.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I got you on that but even some Nigerians that lives in Nigeria will never bribe or support corruption even if their lives depends on it. Corruption must be stemmed for the country to move out of the curse of being a perpetual third world nation.
I hope so smiley
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:

That is absolutely right, had issues with them in 2000 my first time leaving Nigeria and they wanted to take advantage of that, I refused to give them the only dollar with me without a receipt for collecting that money from me, I was delayed but when they got tired of delaying me I was let go. They will do jack if you refused to give them penny.

1 Like

Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
justwise:

That is absolutely right, had issues with them in 2000 my first time leaving Nigeria and they wanted to take advantage of that, I refused to give them the only dollar with me without a receipt for collecting that money from me, I was delayed but when they got tired of delaying me I was let go. They will do jack if you refused to give them penny.
You are 100% right. Our people complain about corruption and we all have to curb the menace of corruption for Nigeria to move up.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by ttmacoy: 12:33am On Oct 05, 2015
I think they were just being difficult to extort money from her.

tpiander:
perhaps the official was inexperienced or the rules have been changed.

Did the names on both passports match, or was a letter required from the father stating his permission for the daughter to travel with you?
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 05, 2015
tochimas:
I didn't arrive in Nigeria, I got my spousal visa two weeks after I had my baby and my baby got US passport on account of my US citizen hubby and father
u should have known that an American doesn't need a visa to go to America. Because you don't wanna miss ur flight, u contributed to corruption. If u can get back the money, u must have played ur role in d fight. But educated pple should show it when d need arises.

It is not his business that u didn't have d time or see d need to obtain a Nigerian passport. You were robbed!

2 Likes

Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
kosplateau:

u should have known that an American doesn't need a visa to go to America. Because you don't wanna miss ur flight, u contributed to corruption. If u can get back the money, u must have played ur role in d fight. But educated pple should show it when d need arises.

It is not his business that u didn't have d time or see d need to obtain a Nigerian passport. You were robbed!
I know that fact very well, I also think I was robbed, really I did contributed albeit grudgingly and looking for a way to right the wrong.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2015
kosplateau:

I'm going to start my own fight right from the delta guy to the immigration. Thanks
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2015
tochimas:
I'm going to start my own fight right from the delta guy to the immigration. Thanks
That will be lovely...had it been u threatened him how he would repay if u miss ur flight he would have let u go. keep us posted! that cash should be retrieved.

American passport is American passport, no matter where u acquired it or birth occurred.
Re: Arrival Visa Or Stamp On Virgin USA Passport In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2015
tochimas:

You should have started by requesting for the receipt for the $200 payment you made. Those people are useless crooks taking advantage of a first time traveler!

This the reason i get to the airport 3-4 hours before my flight. That way, I've enough time to deal with those id1ots. angry

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Many Kilometers Is Osogbo From Ibadan? / Fake Visas: Pregnant Nigerian Women, Others, Languish In British Jails / Offered Admission Swedish University: Need Contacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.