Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

My Island Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Island Experience (750 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Island Experience by tripping(f): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
Life has taught me that everything in life is two sided,positive and negative,none can and would ever take like poles.Every good thing in life has its own bad thing,and every bad thing encourages some good thing.Now the question remains,what in heaven or hells name does this dude have to blab?
It was a rainy thirteenth day of april,easter's last day of celebration and most undeveloped parts of Lagos had thier bad and not fair share of the muddy,smudgy splatters of silica and slime.just as the day started usually boring,i couldnt help it but to lay around like the sleeping dogs lie,only that mine was for real,Then suddenly my fone rings with no clue of whomever it might be ,carefully squinting at the callers ID,i found out it was my favourite aunt,we talked and i eventually was invited to the first ever sponsored Lagos state government Island carnival.
  "kini Big deal" as son of Nigerians former minister kema chikwe, naetochukwu chikwe(Naeto c) has taught most of you to say would be your next ponder,well here is the Big deal,we drove all the way from mainland to the Lagoe island where we were meant to join the ceo of tarzan water ways transport to another Island called tarkwa bay,initially tome it looked boring because i had entered a speed boat before,but i eventualy foundout i was extremely wrong,there are speed boats and SPEED BOATS.
The one i did board with the ceo  was a sports speed boat with so much swagger to go with it.The sound system alone was a sony xplod subwoofer system that made me forget that i was on the atlantic,not minding the james bond stunts the ceo was pulling.He sure was a good captain of the water,because he jumps in when he so chooses to and jumps out even when the water refuses him to.
Now,these few things im about to say did make me marvel,of all the things that ocurred there,the artists from allover Nigeria and abroad,these few things superseeds them.
firstly,i dont know if i was the only one noticing this but,hardly did i see a married woman on the island,not that there where not many of them,but i realised thier rings had either disappered or decided to take a journey to another unsignificant finger on thier falanges.
Secondly i realised there is more peace on water than on land,u'll prove me wrong only if you can tell me where in the bible did jesus say tothe land "peace be still".i didnt want to leave the ocean,neither did i want to go back home.i eventually agreed going only after swearing to own a boat in my lifetime,and if cash wills buy an island.
Thirdly dont try what im about to type now on sea,being driven by a leper.i was on this particular day driven by one and those brief moments had me saying the lords prayer and my confession over and over again.now dont get me wrong,the ceo had to get tagged to the boat so that he could water skii,thats when this leper jumped in to tell us disability aint incapability.as far as i was concerned,he was one handed and im still young folks,still got a life tolive.
I also learnt that there could be port holes or bumps on water too if nature so pleases.my experience i taught would last but a moment ended quiet and interestingly late and beautiful,with the glistening reflection of lights from THE CIVIC CENTRE,and lagos most prominent EKO bridge.supported by  anchored vessels along naijas water ways.The clouding effect it left i can't totally explain in speech but would totally explain the best way i can which is"try experiencing it yourself".and lest i forget,beautiful ladies do have their worth,most importanly manifested when you have two or three of them around you.i sure did have enough on the ride i boarded and it sure felt good vice-versa"cos im good looking too"
sadly had to leave the fun behind to be tucked into bed,just then phcn brought the light and i started typing this and you reading this,    and just five mins after typing they said im done,eventually taking their power back.

Re: My Island Experience by SeanT21(f): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2009
Nice Experience!!
Re: My Island Experience by ichommy(m): 10:39am On Jun 27, 2009
good grin
Re: My Island Experience by calipso(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
i don't really get u, what lesson did your experience teach!!!

(1) (Reply)

Confederation Cup - South Africa 2009 / Appointment For Visa And Legalization / Free Vacation To Canary Islands Resorts In Spain July 18 - 23, 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.