Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why Do Some Africans Lose Their Identity? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Africans Lose Their Identity? (452 Views)

Man Dead 23yrs Ago After Missing, Found With New Family Under Stolen Identity / Parents, Do You Know When Your Kids Lose Their Virginity? / see how parents know When Their female Kids Lose Their Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Africans Lose Their Identity? by micbjrex(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2015
I'm an african but I and my siblings live abroad. We are a proud people with wonderful culture and tradition. Most importantly we have identity. Without it what does one really have? Who are you? Identity gives you a sense of belonging in this world. It gives you the motivation to live and do the right things in you and your family's lives. I am sorry to say this but someone has to say it. I can not understand why some of our people go out of their way to imitate akata behavior? What is the value and or the attraction in it? I know akata people who tell me that they wish that they have the tradition and culture that we have, mainly the fact that we know who we are as africans. There is envy there too. Why is it that a lot of us don't seem to appreciate our God given heritage instead some of us are trying so hard to copy the akatas. A smart and wise person would want to emulate good things that they see around them, rather than embrace the worst. If you want to impress people, impress them with your best. So talking, acting and living like akata to me is sad. I used to believe that we knew better, was I wrong? Which akata is running around trying to be like us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Africans Lose Their Identity? by munchfani: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Why Do Some Africans Lose Their Identity? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2015
How are people copying the akatas exactly? Can you give examples?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big Question: Good Answers Needed / Lion Who Dwells Among Humans Shot Dead / Change Starts In The Heart.... And In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.