Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" (2451 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / One Film You Can Never Get Tired Of Watching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by chrisandy: 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
Their colour sulks
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by londonbwoi(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2009
i know what you mean man, this is the main reason why i could never sit down with one of my oyinbo friends and watch a nollywood film cuz its so embarassing. its not even that expensive to buy a professional camera that gives that hollywood sort of colour. it really annoys me that some nigerian directors and movie makers are so ignorant
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by vescucci(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2009
Believe me, cameras are the least of their problems
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by DisGuy: 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2009
its not the cameras! the pictures are okay its bleeping background noise that gets to me!!!
i can hear da bloody director/producer/marketer talking! the dogs barking, the generator! the traffic-everyone honking for no reason at all, you can even see the mic from the top! i mean it takes less than an hourto fix all these problems!!
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by ladybam(f): 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
@post
i keep enduring, to see if there would be any sort of improvement, but. NOWAY.
d one dat gets to me is the part were onlookers keep watching sheepishly @ d cameras.sometimes they even pack them one side so that d can go ahead with the shooting.all the while showing the ugly and embarrasing setting of the packed onlookers.
talk less of the names they brand movies. I just crashed into one today called, "My Private Part".lol. imagine!!
9ja  get dem own wahala, God knows
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by londonbwoi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2009
i keep enduring, to see if there would be any sort of improvement, but. NOWAY.
d one dat gets to me is the part were onlookers keep watching sheepishly @ d cameras.sometimes they even pack them one side so that d can go ahead with the shooting.all the while showing the ugly and embarrasing setting of the packed onlookers.

Loool dis comment made me laugh soo much, especially the enduring part. If me and my younger bro ever wanna laugh at something we always watch naija films with the most random and oddeest names. LoL"my private part"
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by lucabrasi(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2009
let them start with the easy ones first, good scripts from educated and seasoned script writes,professional directors and not half baked alaba market boys turned directors and producers, if you have the most expensive cameras and the storylines,directing are wack then all you ll get is a rubbish movie with good visuals
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2009
Dont care about cameras as long as plot/story lines are refreshing and original

Visuals can come later
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by TOYOSI20(f): 2:13am On Apr 27, 2009
vescucci:

Believe me, cameras are the least of their problems

True. . . .the ones I've seen lately are very entertaining, so i really cant complain!! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by SeanT21(f): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
There are good nigerian movies out there.Take time and look.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by Wellas14(m): 12:03am On Apr 29, 2009
As an insider, i must say that there are so many things that come into play in a typical 9ja movie and I'll just try to mention a handfull.

1. Hollywood uses 35mm Cameras (Celluloid) while Nollywood uses DVCAMS (tapes). The pictures can never be the same. The earlier is very expensive, infact there is no processing lab in the whole of the country for celluloid. There used to be one in jos operated by a government agency (Nigerian Film corporation) but it goes without saying that such a facility can only be maintained properly when run by a non-govt owned establishment.

2. We do what i call mercantile drama. Movies just for the money which unfortunately pays attention only to the stars in the movie and not the content such as storyline, plot, directorial style etc, etc. The financiers are after their proceeds.

3. Moviemaking is a team effort. Having said this a tree cant make a forest, so you realised that some key areas in a movie are not handled well which leads to poor quality. There are many untrained personnel who have no plans to undergo training.

4. Low budgets. A movie shoot is schedule to last for maybe 7 days and even when there are kids crying in the house of maybe a couple who are supposed to be barren in the movie, nothing much can be done about it.

5. Bad orientation and attitude.
I believe that nothing good comes easy. Alot of people don't want to pay the price to get out a good job.

Nevertheless, there are still good movies in the midst of the whole pack, Check out Desmond Elliot's RELOADED,

TO BE CONTINUED!! WATCH OUT FOR PART 2, TO GOD BE THE GLORY,
LOL
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by BenHundred(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2009
We really do need HD cameras. I can't stand to watch these movies.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by spoilt(f): 11:22pm On May 12, 2009
chrisandy:

Their colour sulks

It really sulks!
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by bishoptboy(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2009
Cameras are not the only problem but bad storyline, bad lines (script), bad acting and many more. we make good music video because we take time to edit it nicely becuse we know channel O will not take rubbish and give it good colour but when it comes to films everything is rushed because we know people will buy and watch rubish.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by BenHundred(m): 5:02pm On May 13, 2009
Yes exactly. And we need actors to actually step up and act; stop relying on your so called "good looks" and get your acting chops together. We would also appreciate better movie names grin .We will get there soon don't worry.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by shotster50(m): 6:53am On May 16, 2009
If you watch the new music videos and the new Nollywood movies, the difference is so blatantly obvious, makes you wonder if the video producers and movie producers are on different planets,
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by vanitty: 6:57am On May 16, 2009
not all i watched "letter to a stranger" recently and the sound, colour was very good
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by DisGuy: 9:25am On May 16, 2009
vanitty:

not all i watched "letter to a stranger" recently and the sound, colour was very good

is that a new film, who and who were in?
out of 10 how will you rate it?
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by SisiJinx: 3:25pm On May 16, 2009
Tee hee hee, Let' start with a good script. cheesy
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by vanitty: 9:22pm On May 16, 2009
Dis Guy
The sound, lighting, e.t.c was very good. The script might not be to everyone's taste but i loved it.
You can watch it all on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeGsW_4hkOk
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by yamakasi: 3:40pm On May 24, 2009
Its not the foriegn cameras? What do u mean by foriegn camera? Nigeria doesnt make Camera's. What is needed here in Nollywood is Cinema laguage on screen laguage. Visual sense. Lighting. Painting with light. Worship light, Adore it, appreciate it and steal it when you can. You will have all the great visuals everyone is talking about hollywood and bollywood. Lighting and Framing the camera makes the difference guys. Even when you make a film with ur phone camera. I am an Indian filmmaker i like tunde kilani's work. He lights up well and there is quality. So its not the "Foriegn Cameras " which makes the difference smiley
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by JJYOU: 3:51pm On May 24, 2009
yamakasi:

Its not the foriegn cameras? What do u mean by foriegn camera? Nigeria doesnt make Camera's. What is needed here in Nollywood is Cinema laguage on screen laguage. Visual sense. Lighting. Painting with light. Worship light, Adore it, appreciate it and steal it when you can. You will have all the great visuals everyone is talking about hollywood and bollywood. Lighting and Framing the camera makes the difference guys. Even when you make a film with ur phone camera. I am an Indian filmmaker i like tunde kilani's work. He lights up well and there is quality. So its not the "Foriegn Cameras " which makes the difference smiley
you are so right. i said this 2yrs ago and somone nearly had me for dinner.
BenHundred:

We really do need HD cameras. I can't stand to watch these movies.
HD for people who cant do make up for otapiapia cameras. i beg wait till 2050AD
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by yamakasi: 4:07pm On May 24, 2009
Nollywood is already HD. You guys are shooting 1080i. But whats the use the filmmakers are compressing them to Dv to burn Dvds and sell. If you release the fillms on screen at silverbird or genesis then people can bring in Viper or Red to shoot 2k and 4k resolution cameras,
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by JJYOU: 5:30pm On May 24, 2009
can you give me a name pls.  i like to see how it came out.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by Tudor3(m): 11:29am On May 28, 2009
In addition to picture quality and unnecessary background noise, the way they split the films into 2 or 3 parts is digusting. The consequence of this is unnecessary scenes like a ramsey noah driving sequence running for over 1 min 30secs. Terrible
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by tugrow(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2013
Elo follow nairalander, pls one with greater wisdow should help me on dis, i wan 2 to buy shooting camara, bt i dont knw d one dat is more preferable in nigeria, some people told me canon 7d, some say hdv, some say hd pro, i wan to knw d best, if possible their price. Tanx, email tugrow52@yahoo.com
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by Briareos(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
tugrow: Elo follow nairalander, pls one with greater wisdow should help me on dis, i wan 2 to buy shooting camara, bt i dont knw d one dat is more preferable in nigeria, some people told me canon 7d, some say hdv, some say hd pro, i wan to knw d best, if possible their price. Tanx, email tugrow52@yahoo.com

It depends on some factors, dude;

1. Your budget
2. What you intend to use it for
3. Your dedication to learning

state the answers above to give us an idea of what to advise you.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras" by tugrow(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2013
Briareos:

It depends on some factors, dude;

1. Your budget
2. What you intend to use it for
3. Your dedication to learning

state the answers above to give us an idea of what to advise you.

tanx very much for your reply, )[1]my budget is 200-500k, [2] i wan to use for film/musical video shooting, tanx

(1) (Reply)

Watch Crank 2 High Voltage Online Free / Twi Movies / WWE Shows Download Links Straight Up To Your Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.