Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Private Schools: Parents, Beware Of The Schools U Enrol Ur Ward. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools: Parents, Beware Of The Schools U Enrol Ur Ward. (332 Views)

Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive / List Of Waec Centre Numbers For All The Schools In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Schools: Parents, Beware Of The Schools U Enrol Ur Ward. by samfibby(m): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
I was in a school, 10km away from lagos, last week with a friend. Two teachers were lamenting how a parent had to withdraw their ward in a very expensive school in lagos for non performance despite the best facilities and overpaid teachers.A friend of mine who is a creative art teacher in a school whom i discussed with, made me know that a lot of private schools we see around are all in the habit of "packaging"(in his own words") just to attract parents with all the looks and feel of a well structured school, but majority of them lack what it takes to train their students. In most cases, staffs are either overworked and underpaid or overpaid and non productive. Some proprietors decieve parents with flashy school buses, flashy class and staff rooms or library, but look deep and you would discover that the real business of schooling is very very poor. Parents, before you enrol your ward and pay exhorbitant fees, look beyond the razzmatazz and see if the staffs and right facilities are in place. Concerned citizen.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Late Justina Ejelonu Memorial Nursing Scholarship / University Of Ibadan, (UI) 2015/16 Admission And Merit List Out.contact Admi / IJMB Students 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.